Thread: room upgrades

Default room upgrades

I've seen a few people talk about receiving free room upgrades to suites, etc. Is that something you asked about at check in or was it just offered to you? We didn't book a suite trying to save a few bucks, but I would definitely not be opposed to staying in one. lol I'm not usually one to ask, but if there's a chance they'll say yes, I'll push myself out of my comfort zone. Can't wait. We're so excited, suite or no suite!

One big reason (there are many other reasons) why we just rebooked Couples Tower Isle for a 3rd time is the treatment they give us. We recently stayed this past April. We were booked for a garden view and requested through our TA for an ocean view as repeat guests. When we checked in, we found out we were upgraded to superior ocean view. I was incredibly greatful, it was beautiful, private & romantic.

However, upgrading to a suite may not be something you get complimentary. I have seen them (visited a friends room) they are big with more than one room and super large bathrooms. Asking for this as a complimentary upgrade would be a stretch. If it is available when you check in, perhaps you may get it for an upgrade fee. This is only my opinion...good luck

One Love

As a repeater, you are occasionally given a free upgrade. You won't find out about the upgrade until you check-in. Sometimes the upgrade is a plus, other times, I've requested to stay in the room class I've booked. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I always book an atrium suite, because I like the feeling of a room in the "jungle". The beachfront rooms are nice, but at CSA, the foot traffic can be distracting. Ocean view rooms, I can live without.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

depends on time of year and availabilty i think....

we checked in on Aug 26, booked with an entry level room at CTI and ended up with the premium oceanfront without requesting any upgrade... i talked to 2 people who booked premium rooms who were upgraded to suites without asking... i know they were upgrading people at CSS too as they closed down a few blocks due to lower occupancy... At CTI i still saw people in garden rooms so an upgrade wasn't a given....

one thing to note is that if you have resort credit you can use that towards an upgrade at checkin if available....