Hybrid View

Default what to wear at CSS

Im sure plenty of people have posted this question but I cannot find the answer that Im looking for For the parties at CSS what is the dress for men and women do women wear dresses or shorts and what do men wear as in shirts? do they have to be polo shirts or can they be t-shirts Im confused on the dress attire thanks

Hi, We will be making our third visit to CSS in November and when we first visited we too, were confused. At the Cassanova restaurant, men are required to wear closed in sandals or boat shoes and collared shirts, I think a Polo would be OK but most men wear formal shirts, long trousers are necessary too. Palazzina you can wear open sandals but personally my husband would wear smart leather open toed or a boat shoe.Ladies tend to dress up for this restaurant as well! Starlight Gala, the ladies go to town but as it is outdoors you can't be forced to wear anything more than shorts, t shirt and flip flops. Beach party, very casual but cover ups required.

Hi Again!
    For the Starlight Gala most of the women where nice sundresses and dressier sandals or flip flops, and the men were nice shorts or light-weight slacks with tropical print shirts. I've noticed that Tommy Bahama shirts are very popular with the men. The Starlight Gala is held on the Main Lawn and I wouldn't recommend high heels since you will sink into the grass. For the Beach Party on Tuesday night, it's very casual so shorts or a sundress would work here. I would definitely wear flip flops since you will be sitting on the sand.

Hope this helps. If you send me your email address, I can answer any other questions you might have. You will love CSS!

suzyQ

Quote Originally Posted by morganandamber View Post
    Im sure plenty of people have posted this question but I cannot find the answer that Im looking for For the parties at CSS what is the dress for men and women do women wear dresses or shorts and what do men wear as in shirts? do they have to be polo shirts or can they be t-shirts Im confused on the dress attire thanks
    don't worry i was a little confused even after we arrived. We were at CSS 2 weeks ago, and it is warm and humid, and i am from Houston, pack light weight comfortable clothes. shorts, shorts, capri's...
    Men need collared shirts. doesnt matter what it is as long as it is collarded. Men must wear long pants closed toe shoes. Somewhere i read no jeans but i did see men in jeans but not many.
    Women...need to wear dresses ..maxi dresses, sundresses...and no flip flops at night time dining..
    that is the one thing ... i got the "look" once for having flip flops on, they were really cute ones , even a little dressy but still flip flops.
    now we went to the starlit Friday night gala. I saw all kinds of dress, even thought it says not to. but for the dining in the evening, you really need to dress nice with the correct shoes, unless you eat at the beach grill.
    this may not help you , i hope it does. You dress as dressy as you want and you will be fine. I saw many very dressed couples and some not so dressy couples. I look at it as your on vacation.!
    Pack a few nice outfits for night time and enjoy your trip...you will be amazed it is wonderful.