Default Weather in October?

We are headed to Negril in October! Who has been there in October and what was the weather like? Thanks

We went to CTI in October 2007. The weather was beautiful. The only rain that we experienced occurred at night after we turned-in. The temp. was a little cooler than when we went in April. Very nice. We are going again this October... 45 days! Enjoy your trip!

we go every year during the first week of October. Weather is beautiful. The temperature is always consistent there so you really don't have anything to worry about. It is their rainy season and there is typically a short shower in the afternoons but it never lasts long. I usually watch the weather channel for tropical storms and such within a couple of weeks of going since it is also hurricane season. I wouldn't worry about it, like I said, we go a lot and other than short showers here and there we haven't had any problems. If you look at the forecast and it says storms daily, don't be freaked out. This time of year it is always in the forecast!

We are heading back to Negril on the 16th October. We were there the same week last year. We had flooded roads from Mo Bay airport to the resort with rain all evening and the whole of the next day. We didnt care. We ate great food, drank colorful drinks, played scrabble, met some really nice people, laid in the hot tub till midnight with cool rain beating down on us, listened to the frogs in the trees and thought how great to not be at work in Chicago, answering the phones and trying to be pleasant to complete morons. Its the tropics guys. It rains. The rest of our week , it was sunny with a few afternoon showers. If it rains this October, you will find me sitting in one of the bars after yet another fabulous meal, drinking the colors of the rainbow in a glass thinking --- Hmmm.. I am not at work....
    38 days till I am home..

Crodgers09- so glad you said not to be freaked out about the forecast. I decided to check it out yesterday, even though we still have a couple weeks...and every day had the big cloud with a lightning bolt going through it with 60% chance of rain. I don't mind if it rains as long as its not ALL DAY, every day!

Seederpeople................ we are flying out of Chicago on Sunday October 16th also. we are flying USA3000. Will you be on our same flight?
    Margene

I love your attitude Seederpeople! You can't control the weather, and the trip's paid for so might as well make the best of it We will be at CTI Oct 5-15, we were at COR 5 years ago the end of September for 2 weeks, and saw a water spout which was so cool, especially since we're from South Dakota and don't see those, but other then that it was sunny and hot.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyandbella View Post
    Seederpeople................ we are flying out of Chicago on Sunday October 16th also. we are flying USA3000. Will you be on our same flight?
    Hey Izzyandbella. We decided to fly from Bloomington Il this year. Delta. Same distance from the house as O hare but parking is FREEEEEEEEEE. Bloomington has no lines for check in . Change in Atlanta ( 1hr layover), get in to Mo Bay 11.30. You get in earlier than us so can you order 2 Bob Marleys at the Cassava bar please. I am the bearded Brit from Illinois with the big grin on my face
    26 days.......................... :-) Have a safe flight............

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlastname View Post
    I love your attitude Seederpeople! You can't control the weather, and the trip's paid for so might as well make the best of it We will be at CTI Oct 5-15, we were at COR 5 years ago the end of September for 2 weeks, and saw a water spout which was so cool, especially since we're from South Dakota and don't see those, but other then that it was sunny and hot.
    You are so right Sweetlastname. The trip is paid for and you can not control the weather so enjoy rain or shine. After a few Bob Marleys, I could be sitting in a bar downtown Baghdad and still have a smile on my face. As for seeing a waterspout, I would PAY to see a waterspout. Enjoy CTI and have a rum runner for me, rain or shine. Have a safe flight. 25 days to go............. :-)

We were married at CN in October 2009 and returned last year at the same time. We will be heading back in 17 days on October 18, 2011. You can pretty much set your clock by the short afternoon showers around 2pm. They usually don't last but about an hour and cool things off a bit. We head to the covered pool bar and sit there through the short shower or just chill on our balcony and listen to the frogs for a bit.

You'll love it. We do.
    Coonie & Happy