Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    I purchased a pair Sanuk sidewalk surfers (named "Kingston" of course) for our trip to CN this past March. They are the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn. I wore them sockless to dinners as well as everywhere else. I ended up buying a couple more pairs when we got back. Thet sell for $48-$55 and come in a variety of colors and designs. Some only come in full sizes. I normally wear 8-1/2 and the size 9 fits perfectly.

Check them out at http://www.sanuk.com/products/225136
    Thank You!

steverandlinda,

I don't think anyone is worried about what other patrons are wearing. Rather, these posts come on the MB because people want to be clear on the established rules so that they will be able to dine at the reservation-only restaurants without problems.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

During our first trip in 2002, I was unaware of the closed toe shoe requirements for LeGourmet restaurant. Luckily, one of the greeters allowed me to borrow his shoes in order for my bride and I to enter the restaurant.

The gesture was very kind and unexpected....but my bride's favorite part of the story is that I wear size 15 shoes, and I "shuffled" into the restaurant wearing borrowed 8-1/2's!!

Since then, I wear my closed toed shoes during the flight there, and pack my sandals. I did notice one guy during another visit that pulled dark socks over his sandals, and went inside relatively unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    rock impress whom? I will ask and hopefully someone can provide an answer
    If you are at couples with your SO and enjoying a truely wonderful/romantic dinner how and why would another patrons attire come into your focus. Someone must be able to explain this dynamic. I agree 100 with the listed dress code and do agree it should be " honored" but please help us understand the obsession on policing other patrons attire during a romantic dinner. Looking forward to the responses

ps rock if you ever get a chance to go to the cape,nantucket or hyannis i am not so sure those folks will agree with the no sox +shoes == ghetto lol..
    Your girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wifey. Im not saying dress up for other people in the compound, but at least do it for your partner. And yes, no socks w/ shoes on is ghetto. Get some socks, they're cheap to purchase. Here's another for you ya. Sandals w/ socks on.
    影舞葉

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Amy,

Just wanted to say always have appreciated your great help!

Hubby got some leather sandals that are called Fisherman sandals...love 'em!
    You're welcome! Have a great trip!!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Your girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wifey. Im not saying dress up for other people in the compound, but at least do it for your partner. And yes, no socks w/ shoes on is ghetto. Get some socks, they're cheap to purchase. Here's another for you ya. Sandals w/ socks on.
    Rock - thanks for the response appreciate the color on the subject.

The current issue of Esquire magazine, in a fashion column, specifically states socks should never be worn with boat shoes. If it's good enough for Esquire, certainly a male fashion authority, it's good enough for me.

I don't care what Esquire Magazine says. I always wear socks. I wear socks with dress shoes, boat shoes and even sandals. I wear socks with flip-flops. I even wear socks when I shower and especially when I clip my toenails.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Sandals w/ socks on.
    Gangsta'

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I don't care what Esquire Magazine says. I always wear socks. I wear socks with dress shoes, boat shoes and even sandals. I wear socks with flip-flops. I even wear socks when I shower and especially when I clip my toenails.
    LOL
    if you always wear sox wally why the sence of urgency to clip those nail?
    how do you manage to keep that flip flop toe bar in place with the sox on? do you have custome made flipflop sox with that area between the big toe tailored? NICE
    one last question black sox ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovjamaica View Post
    Men's toes are very ugly and I fully respect the closed toe shoe requirement. My husband wears an old pair of dress casual black shoes without socks and just deals with it for the few hours. The meal is well worth the effort.
    My husband wore his puma sneakers....which he wears on the airplane anyway, so no issues with packing...

You made me laugh about the toes being very ugly....I used his feet once to compare to a Hobbit's....LOL

I don't mind dressing up (for dinner or otherwise) but we love sitting out on the deck at Casanova (CSS). The ocean view with the moonlight is incredibly romantic.

But, I get hot sitting there in long pants and socks and shoes
    I would be in favor of allowing nice sandals with long pants
    no flip flops

IMHO
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Lovjamaica View Post
    Men's toes are very ugly and I fully respect the closed toe shoe requirement.
    That's hilarious. Of course Rosa would agree with you, she says my toes are borderline Neanderthal. I warned her she better not say anything during our stay there or I'll go emu on her and claw her to death.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

My husband wears boat shoes,no socks, linen pants and a nice collared shirt, I think socks would look a bit strange. like when your older uncle wears shorts, black dress socks up to his knees and loafers. Oh, you mean you don't have relatives like that?
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

Gansta'! What about socks with sandals and shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by Cindi View Post
    Gansta'! What about socks with sandals and shorts?
    only if sox are black and short are burmuda

I really don't think they enforce the shoe dress code. At least not at CN. My husband had a toe injury from beach volleyball and it was too painful to wear the dress shoes he brought so he just wore flip flops (and they were not dress sandals). I figured someone would say something then we would just explain the situation. But no one noticed or said a thing. So on our next trip we are not wasting the suitcase space with his huge dress shoes!! Are they really going to deny your reservation just because of your shoes?

They definitely enforce the shoe dress code. We saw a man on what was clearly his wedding night (the wife was in a wedding dress) sent back to his room for proper footware at Feathers in December. It happens. It's really not a big deal to wear closed shoes. It just isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineChick View Post
    They definitely enforce the shoe dress code. We saw a man on what was clearly his wedding night (the wife was in a wedding dress) sent back to his room for proper footware at Feathers in December. It happens. It's really not a big deal to wear closed shoes. It just isn't.
    I believe Feathers is part of CSA not CN so are their different dress codes for each resort?
    LandS09- is it possible they made a beach volley ball injury exception ? Did you hubby wear socks with the flip flops ?
    Perhaps next time you go,your hubbby can wear his closed toed shoes while playing volley ball to minimize any injury

Each resort has a closed-toe shoe restaurant. Feathers is CSA's, but there is one at CN.

Quote Originally Posted by ddeitterick View Post
    My husband wore his puma sneakers....which he wears on the airplane anyway, so no issues with packing...

You made me laugh about the toes being very ugly....I used his feet once to compare to a Hobbit's....LOL
    maybe some of those "in the know" can clear this up - judging from the included previous post ( see above) it appears that sneakers ( or at least pumas) qualify as closed toed shoes.
    Is this the case? I understand back in the day if you had those puma "clyde" you could walk anywhere in style.
    So in just three posts we have seen
    sneakers ( pumas)are acceptable
    if injured flip flops are acceptable
    who can help clear up these conflicting dress codes

I don't understand what the problem is. If you check out the restuarnts online, each resort has a dress code in their description. What is the problem with respecting the code? Would you go into a restaurant that says "black tie" without a jacket/tie, or a dressin hte US? Just follow the dress code, or go to one of the other restaurants. If there is a specific problem, like an injured toe, that is the exception, and understandable. But otherwise, just follow the rules.
    Linda

Default Just beat it!

Wow. It seems like the original question was answered a long time ago. Can we beat this subject to death even more?

Quote Originally Posted by LandS09 View Post
    So on our next trip we are not wasting the suitcase space with his huge dress shoes!! Are they really going to deny your reservation just because of your shoes?
    Does your husband plan on injuring his toe once more?

C'mon folks, it's one pair of shoes to go to a nice restaurant. Would you wear flops to a 4-5 star restaurant in the states?

We were told that if a man has a nice pedicure, then it would be ok to wear open toes sandals to the nice restaurants.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast