Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    Does your husband plan on injuring his toe once more?

C'mon folks, it's one pair of shoes to go to a nice restaurant. Would you wear flops to a 4-5 star restaurant in the states?
    not if he decides to wear a closed toe shoe or a pair of puma clydes while playing beach volley ball. think safety first
    something like these may be the ticket
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Does your husband plan on injuring his toe once more?

C'mon folks, it's one pair of shoes to go to a nice restaurant. Would you wear flops to a 4-5 star restaurant in the states?
    This is why I came up with my initial response in this thread. I find it amazing (and quite funny if truth be told) as to the extent folks go thru to dance around a very simple rule. The effort and in some cases expense they incur more than dwarfs what amounts to an otherwise minor situation.

Not to bag on the youngins in here, especially the ones who honor Couples dress code policies, but something tells me this is more of a youth thang. I suspect there's a causal effect betwixt age and rebellion levels on this matter.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Even if your feet are made of GOLD LOL our policy is that men must at least where closed toed, elegant sandals. I do not think it is that much to ask. If you were to go to a gourmet restaurant in your home area you most likely wouldn't even consider wearing sandals in the first place. I don't think this needs to be discussed anymore. Just in case you have forgotten, below is our dress code policy:

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

Quote Originally Posted by zippy6591 View Post
    We were told that if a man has a nice pedicure, then it would be ok to wear open toes sandals to the nice restaurants.
    Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post

Not to bag on the youngins in here, especially the ones who honor Couples dress code policies, but something tells me this is more of a youth thang. I suspect there's a causal effect betwixt age and rebellion levels on this matter. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    I don't feel that young anymore, but even when I was 24 and headed down to get married, I read the rules and followed them.

It isn't an age thing; that is certain.

This is why I came up with my initial response in this thread. I find it amazing (and quite funny if truth be told) as to the extent folks go thru to dance around a very simple rule. The effort and in some cases expense they incur more than dwarfs what amounts to an otherwise minor situation.

Not to bag on the youngins in here, especially the ones who honor Couples dress code policies, but something tells me this is more of a youth thang. I suspect there's a causal effect betwixt age and rebellion levels on this matter.
    R&R i agree, like most things it always seems to come back to the long haired, non closed shoe wearing conforming commies.
    i think we really can blame elvis for igniting the torch... that and the ed sullivan show ... before elvis the world was much more respectful and polite...

I don't feel that young anymore, but even when I was 24 and headed down to get married, I read the rules and followed them.

It isn't an age thing; that is certain.
    You could be right, I certainly wasn't going on any empirical evidence - more of a gut feel than anything. And I was careful not to alienate those of the younger set who do follow the dress code rules. Oh well, I guess what it boils down to is no matter what age, there are just an X number of Rebels with a Minor Cause.
    Ron

How old are you if you dont mind me asking?
    影舞葉

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    How old are you if you dont mind me asking?
    Heck Rock, don't mind you asking at all. I'm 55 (mentally 16, but that's a subject for another day).

Again, not to pigeonhole all of the younger set, because I'm guessing a sizable majority of them have no qulams about following the dress guidelines set forth by Couples management. But again, my gut tells me that there aren't a lot of folks in their 40's, 50's and so on who seem to go thru such extremes to avoid wearing closed toed shoes. That's why I'm kinda stereotyping it as a generational thang. No harm, no foul, just an observation, even if it's an incorrect one. Hey, it's all good in da Couples 'hood, yes?
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
    To all: I felt bad for my husband wearing his dress shoes and SOCKS in Jamaica for the fancy restuarants - especially when I can wear dress sandals. Looking through the Harrington catalog I think I found the answer for him and others of you out there. They have several models of boat shoes. The pair I picked for him (on back order - so I'm crossing my fingers we'll get them and they'll be perfect) are supposed to feel like wearing mocassins and one doesn't have to wear socks with them. Check out www.HerringtonCatalog.com. In the catalogue they're listed for $69.99 but on-line you can get them for $10 less, normally they're $120.
    Vicki how did you hubby like his new skips ? any chance for a review ?

Greetings to all:

Our policy regarding shoe requirements in all gourmet restaurant is consistent across the board. It is frustrating for me to read posts that imply otherwise. We do not think it is too much to ask to dress according to our policy.

Gentlemen, when you and your S.O. plan a date to a 5-star restaurant, are you not expecting to dress up for the the occasion? I am sure your S.O. is not expecting you to wear any form of sandals.

With all due respect, as Seandymon correctly stated, your feet could be made of solid gold and we would still ask you to wear closed toe shoes. :-)

Sorry, but further discussion on this topic will not serve any purpose.

Couples Resorts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3