Default CSA Pool Question

My wife-to-be and myself are getting married next September. We have decided on taking our honeymoon at Couples. We have narrowed our choices down to either CN or CSA, as the beach is big factor in our decision. Overall I think we are leaning more towards CSA, because of the more spread out and seemingly more intimate feeling rooms.

We were wondering how the atmosphere is around the pools at CSA. I keep reading everyone saying the CN is more of a pool scene while CSA has more of a beach scene. Now we both love the beach and again that was a major factor in choosing the Negril side of the island, but also would like to spend some time each day at the pool. The swim up bar pool in particular. I am sure it is just us being nervous about the decision but I can't help but picturing CSA's pool like a ghost town with nobody around. Now don't get wrong, I am not looking for a packed pool. Having some activity around would be nice though.

In all honesty I know we will be happy at CSA no matter what. It would just be nice to hear some of your feelings/experiences at both.

Thanks,
    Johnny

The swim-up at SweptAway is anything but a ghost town! Lots of people there, and as many folks who've been here for a while will attest, I can't figure that out. It doesn't happen to be our scene, but there will be plenty of folks at the swimup bar at either of those properties...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Johnny, We are newbies and I agree with what all you have read and sadly cant answer that question but you will get your answer's here on the MB no doubt!! We have booked CSA for 12/12/12 to get married and spend our honeymoon at CN from 12/16 to 12/23! I have no regrets about getting married at CSA at all, matter of fact glad that is where my fiance wanted to get married at but we decided if we were going to be there might as well stay at both of them and get a feel for them both!
    I dont think you'll have any regrets at CSA! We will be at both resorts for 7 days so thankfully we will have time to get to know both resorts! Where I was going with that was doing a split between them both but I would hate for you to miss something by not being there long enough to see it all! Good luck with your decision and wishing you the best!! Congrats also on your wedding in Sept!

No doubt about it, the pool at CN is large and the center of activity at CN.

There are actually 3 pools at CSA - the swim-up pool, the pool near The Palms, and the lap pool in the sports complex. The swim-up pool is ALWAYS hopping. There are also 2 large jacuzzis located on both sides of the pool. The pool near The Palms is much quieter, but a nice place to relax and chill out. Bob likes to hang out at the lap pool while I'm getting a spa treatment. The smoothie bar in the sports complex serves Guiness!

As long as you're not expecting Atlantis-type pools, I think you'll be happy with the pool selection at CSA.

We love the beach too! Around 4pm everyday we head up to the swim up pool. It is always a good time. It has never been empty, in fact we rarely can get a seat. We are headed back Nov. 7th. You won't be disappointed.

Never a dull moment @ the swim up pool barName:  Swept Away Pool 09 024.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  63.0 KB
    GREANJAC

Thanks for all the replies. We are definitely not looking for any "Antlantis" style pools, or resort for that matter. The biggest factor drawing us to Couples is the more laid back, easy going attitude. We are not the type that are hard to impress. Good service, a simple smile, and interactive staff is what we are looking for. All the glitz and glamour that other resorts offer is not what we are wanting. I found Couples by searching honeymoon spots and was drawn to them immediately. After looking at and researching numerous other resort "brands", and not really drawn to any of them. Couples popped up and I haven't looked back since. I am on this board almost every day.

Greanjac, I love the picture!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. We are definitely not looking for any "Antlantis" style pools, or resort for that matter. The biggest factor drawing us to Couples is the more laid back, easy going attitude. We are not the type that are hard to impress. Good service, a simple smile, and interactive staff is what we are looking for. All the glitz and glamour that other resorts offer is not what we are wanting. I found Couples by searching honeymoon spots and was drawn to them immediately. After looking at and researching numerous other resort "brands", and not really drawn to any of them. Couples popped up and I haven't looked back since. I am on this board almost every day.
    I hear you JohnnyG, we were looking into getting married in Aruba or Curaco and one morning before going to work I stumbled across CN on a website and of course went to work and kept looking into it and of course my fiance decided to just go to the Couples website....I should have been that smart...haha!! We feel in love with CSA and CN and we chose CSA to get married at and CN for our honeymoon and we have never looked back once and have no desire to do that!!! The pictures sold it and this mb is just the icing on the cake!! We never knew about this mb when we booked our trip so that tells you that Couples website is just the most wonderful thing ever and again this mb is the best thing out there and like you I'm on this bad boy every day and sometimes(ok most) twice a day!!! We'll be at CSA for our first time 12/9/12!!!!

Funny, your concerns are the same as ours. We are trying to decide between many different adult resorts and have narrowed it down to CSA, Negril, a Sandals resort and another in Mexico. We to enjoy a little bit of a party atmosphere in the pool and are leaning towards CSA. Can anyone tell me if they play music at the pools at any of the Couples resorts?

DCBgirl, no they don't play music at the pools but at CSA you will hear some reggae at the beach bars
    . Swept away ROCKS! Saving for trip #5. Couples is the best, why would you go anywhere else ?

Thanks softail19 It was one of those rare moments when all of these folks arrived with their floaties on.
    GREANJAC

The first year the swim up bar at CSA was open it was pretty quiet, I am speaking from our experience only. The next year it was still quiet, but beginning to collect a following. As of this last summer the swim up bar is one of the social centers of the resort during the day. Folks come and go, but there are people in the pool, at the bar and on the surrounding deck most all day long. Lots of laughs, conversation, drinking games and generally a fun time for all. It is also a great place to hang out if it rains. The beach is a bit more sedate and offers some quiet time for those that want sun and relaxation.

You will love CSA! Have a great trip.

CSA ROCKS!!! Do the beach earlier in the day and then during the afternoon the swim-up bar gets lively. You get the best of both worlds and if you want to chill, the resort is so big that there are plenty of places to do that. Have fun.