Thread: Sarongs at CTI?

Default Sarongs at CTI?

Hello everyone.
    To all the experienced Couples: I was wondering how likely it would be to buy a Sarong/Cover up at the airport, street vendors, or at the gift shop at CTI? I’m sure they may be available but I wanted to know should I bring a couple just in case? Is there a nice variety and are they reasonably priced? Thanks in advance

I found the sarongs in the Gift Shops to be almost twice what I paid for them at the resort we were at in '07; you could probably get one for $10 or $12 or so from one of those vendors outside the resort. There are pretty sarongs everywhere.

You can definitely find one at the gift shop or from a vendor. You won't be able to get one at the airport because all of the shop are located in the waiting area, not the area where you'll be at the lounge. Though I'd still pack one so you have it on your first day so you can head right to the pool!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

I always take my own. I found a great company in Hawaii that sells sarongs. Its sarongs are of very good quality and very pretty: www.feedora.com. I have five from this company, and people always comment on how pretty they are.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default Purchasing a sarong or coverup

I would reccomend buying from the hotel giftshop. They have a nice selection of a little bit of everything. Also you can have the resort take you to a gated shopping community and you can buy all the sarrongs you want plus everyting else. I DO NOT reccomend ever going close to the street vendors.They are very annoying and sometimes I don't feel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    I always take my own. I found a great company in Hawaii that sells sarongs. Its sarongs are of very good quality and very pretty: www.feedora.com. I have five from this company, and people always comment on how pretty they are.
    Thanks for the link; I'll try it!

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Yes, there are some at the gift shop. They have sarongs and tunics. You can also get something on the Resort shopping trip into Ocho Rios. Personally, I take an easy slip on pair of shorts or skirt and a tank top. This works to go to breakfast and lunch and then head directly to the beach! Also Victoria's Secret is having a sale right on line.
    Vicky

Default Sarongs

I got two sarongs from the street vendors that are right across the street from CTI in October 2007. They were very nice and you can bargain the price with them.