Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What should I buy with my resort credits?

Because of the special deal we got when we booked our vacation with CSA and that we are repeaters we have $600 in resort credits. We aren't into private dinners, upgraded wine or spa treatments, so what can we do with it? What would you buy? $600 of coffee? I am looking for ideas?

wow thats awasome going first time in 14 days ddint get a doller credit how does everyone get these?

a room upgrade?

some nice sarrongs/dresses/couples attire from the gift shop?

lots of after sun lotiion and resell to those who are looking a little lobster-y?

maybe get a photo package done?

We have the same dilemma as you... our plans are to use some to buy coffee... some to purchase clothing we're not bringing with us... and perhaps a spa treatment or two. We also have some special friends joining us at SweptAway (they are Couples virgins), so we will probably be having premium wine with a meal or two.

I'm sure if you spend time in the gift shops or the logo shop, you'll find plenty to spend it on! Its tough, I know... but a nice dilemma to have!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I'd do the coffee!!!! We LOVE Jamaican coffee. No better way than to get it for free!!! Yeah for you!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We were in CSS in August and spent some of our credits on a champagne cruise. We took some friends with us and it was fantastic. We saw 5 or 6 dolphins right beside our boat, and
    were serenaded by Derren throughout. Ah happy times x

I think a great suggestion would be to have the resort photographer follow you around one day for a special photo shoot. Spend the credit for a disc with lots of high quality images to remember your vacation by.

Also, stock up on Couples logo clothes, hats, etc. from the gift shop.

We do usually use our credits at the spa, and recommend that highly. My first massage ever was a couples massage at CN. Now I'm hooked!

We've used our resort credit for laundry service (allowed us to pack a lot less clothing for a 10 day trip). We also go to town in the gift shop. We stock up on hot sauce and coffee. I also love the candles, bath salts, and soaps that they sell in the gift shop. I've even gotten flip-flops and pareos, not to mention t-shirts and CDs in the gift shop.

Even if you're not "into" spa services, Bob has gotten his hair cut at the CSA spa. Saved him from having to get it done at home, and they did a terrific job.

we are having the same delightful problem and we are going to do massages, shopping for souvenirs and of course the coffee…Maybe we can do photos but someone else will have to clarify this…We are not leaving the resort so the extra excursions are out…The gift shops have some unique things. Happy shopping!

We buy all our sunscreen down there because we travel with carry-on only. we also buy our gifts for back home in the gift shop. We bought the private dinner as well. You might tey the SPA also.

Buy pictures with it. As the photographer is constantly around the resort taking pictures I am sure you will have some good ones. Also book the free sunset picture session to get more quality pictures to take home. We ended up buying all our pictures that were taken during the week and got them on a CD for $300 (I believe). That was we didn't have to pick ones to get printed and have them forever.

That is very nice. I'm sure CSA has gift shops just like CN, CTI and CSS does. I've never been to CSA yet. I know at CN there are many nice items you can get for souveniors. Dresses, T-shirts, recipe books, etc. If you can't spend it all, I would be more than happy to do it for you and I'm sure others would to. Actually, I can't wait to get down to CN in Dec. and spend some money myself in the gift shops because I have my first grand child on the way. Looking for T-shirt that says Ya Mon no problem. I also remember that there are toys you can buy and jewelry.
    Have fun.
    Karin

We were in the same boat. Not into that also. We managed to spend most of it in the gift shops on rum cream, tshirts and new hats. Also snacks and toiletries we forgot. We even shared with a nice couple we met on the cat cruise. Try the dinner on the beach, you might enjoy yourselve. Also spme photos from the photo desk. They can add up quickly.

my wife and I plan on using ours for massages. Nothing beats an hour long couples massage

Could go towards a room upgrade if any are available and you want to(I know some people are set on the room types they reserve) or towards a photo package that the resort photographer takes of you. Coffee/rum is always nice if you drink it.

I bought a A LOT of coffee and rum. They also have great Couples beach bags and I bought a Couples twisted palms silver charm and necklace that I wear all the time. Oh and I got a cool set of heavy duty placemats that were just like the ones used in the restaurant and I love them. If you're not into body spa treatments, a pedicure/manicure is a nice thing to do too. There is also great Jamaican art.

how about salon services, not spa, like mani and pedi, that's what I do and
    stuff from gift shop and logo merchandise

Sounds like a whole lot of damage in the gift shop to me!
    Team Leegion

Great thread! We have the same "problem". . . . It will be fun to read the responses.

We bought a bunch of gifts and souvineers in the gift shops and a photo package that we normally wouldn't have purchased.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

We got a couple of Couples bathrobes for home for getting in & out of the hot tub
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Gosh, I can't imagine not taking advantage of a massage or 2 while there. Nothing better in my opinion! My hubby used his share for the advanced open water diving certification a few years ago. Not sure if you can still do that.

Quote Originally Posted by mariehindhaugh View Post
    We were in CSS in August and spent some of our credits on a champagne cruise. We took some friends with us and it was fantastic. We saw 5 or 6 dolphins right beside our boat, and
    were serenaded by Derren throughout. Ah happy times x
    Please educate me!
    We are coming back to CSS in November and have credits to spend (spending some on late check out, some on flowers in the room, some on dinner in gazebo, some in gift shop) but didn't know you could spend them on excursions. In fact I thought night dives and excursions were a "no". How did you swing this since CSS doesn't even offer a champagne cruise? That would be fabulous!

We are using ours to buy Christmas gifts for our family!

We have used ours for polos, hats, bags, towels, One Love bracelets, hot sauce, cigars, mani, pedi, facial, spa treatment and this year, I got a pretty pendant. You can't use at duty free, but the at CTI the gift shop has a small collection of jewelry.
    Vicky

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast