Default Photographers (outside vendor)

Hello All !

I am very excited to say that I am very close to booking my WeddingMoon. Either last week of May or first week of June. It is just going to be the 2 of us, and I am so excited.

I am extremely paranoid about the quality of photograph within the resort. I'd like to hire someone off the resort. I LOVE good photography.....especially unique, romantic, artistic style. I cringe at the "smile and say cheese portrait photography.

With that said! Who have you book? What does it include? And what are the cost?

Any advice is welcome.

I would love to get digital (cd) copy of my images for use online to share with all the family and friends who have missed out on the day.

I am so excited to have a wedding just the 2 of us....sooo much less stress and worry.

Thanks!

Brittany& Allen,

We get Married in 23 days!! just the 2 of us and wanted the same thing we are using Diana Campbell she will work with your budget and does a great job from everything I've seen and everyone says wonderful things about her on this board. We spent more $$ on the photos and are doing a video, also she has a 2 day package without time limits so we can get sunset photos and me getting my hair done and lots of fun stuff not just wedding ceremony. her price includes the resort fee you pay her the amount agreed less the $500 example fee of $1500 but she gets $1000 and resort gets $500. Very reasonable and you can choose photo and video or just one. She goes all over island and didnt freak when I asked if she would be there for my 8am hair appt..............anyway we wanted great pics and video to share and she had the best price, most flexible, and most packages. look her up I think you will like her.

LRisley

Thank you Thank you. I am going to look her up. Congrats, I can't wait to hear about how your wedding goes.

We used Marcia E Roberts, she was amazing. She deducted the 500.00 from her fee. I think I paid around 1200.00 to her and that gave me 2 dvd montages of the day and 2 cd's of all the pictures she took. One really good thing about Marcia is she does not put a time limit to the day. She is there until all pictures are taken or in my case until I started to get really tired.

http://www.jamaicanphotography.com/

Hi Brittany
    We used Misha Earle for our photographer. We really loved her! Here are some pictures..
    and check out her website http://www.mishaearlephotography.com/index2.php?v=v1
    Also if you want, she will take you off the resort to take pictures after the wedding. :O)
    good luck!

look under suzanne&luke 2011 to see more pictures. It's under our weddings at couples..

Andrew Vassel - was my photographer and all i can say is AMAZING! He captured all the perfect moments and has original ideas. I have seen resort work and it doenst compare. He is on facebook and dnaimagesandvideos.com . He is worth the price and you will get everything you need for your special day!

One more thing! My photos are on public facebook if you would like to take a look. traci raymond from WI

My daughter is using Chris Clare of Zuluspro Photography. He is very creative and very reasonably priced. He will be giving us all of his work on a CD and is spending the whole day with us!

Good Luck!

My wedding is planned for May 2012 and we decided to go with an outside photographer, Stacey Clarke. I was so afraid to risk having "ok" pictures that it wasn't worth my nerves. haha

Our wedding is June 12 @ CN. We have booked Stacey Clarke. We too were concerned about having "OK" pictures

Awesome. I can't wait to see everyone's pictures. I can't believe it is getting so much closer.

We are May 29th.

We are going with Diana Campbell. We are getting pictures and the wedding video taped and she was very reasonable.
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

I'm getting married on May 30th, 2012 and need to get a photographer. I don't know how to go about doing all this, money, etc... any suggestions?

Diana Campbell and her son Richard were wonderful! The price was very reasonable and even though you pay a $500 vendor fee to the resort if you use an outside photographer, they are much more affordable than the resort photographers. We ended up with almost 500 pictures on a couple of cds as well as a 30 minute dvd that captured video highlights, including the ceremony, as well as lots of pictures, all set to songs of your choice. We are so happy with our decision to hire them as we only had one other couple with us when we got married, so we have lots of pictures and video to share with family and friends back home.

I'm using an outside photographer, and I researched / compared the prices several photographers. Diana Campbell offered the most for my budget and I like the fact that I will be able to hear/see ourselves saying the vows; Andrew Vassell had a good package as well. In addition, I like the quality of their work.

Diana Campbell - www.digitalmemoriescollection.com

Andrew Vassell - www.dnaimagesandvideos.com

P.S.
    I wish the vendor fee was not so expensive

If you were going to be there from 6/9-6/17 we could do your wedding. (We travel the 8th and 18th) We will be there for our anniversary but we are wedding photographers here in Houston.

Getting Married May 22, 2012 we have chosen to use Diane Campbell, she's been a pleasure to work with she contacts you very quickly. I have heard nothing but great things about her. I have seen many of her pictures I am very excited about my choice.