Default Need CSA reception location: any ideas?

We are getting married later this year at CSA and we'll be expecting about 30 guests.
    Can any future/past brides out there recommend reception options for this amount of guests? The
    reception will be on a Friday around 5:30pm. We'll have a pretty lively group

Thanks!

HI BnG,

We are getting in february at 10am and we have about 22 people. We are not paying for a reception bc on Fridays they have the beach party, so I have asked the resort to reserve tables for us. We have been to Couples 4 times and we enjoy the beach party and we think are guests will too!! We also have booked everyone on the catamaran cruise, then the beach party, then the piano bar and final the disco!!! Thats are wedding day!! Good luck and remember you have already made the right choice by picking Couples
    Dane

honestly there isn't any reason at all to fret. Alicia will handle everything perfectly. she will have a meeting with you she will document everything and walk you around showing you your options. NO WORRIES. Congrats and good luck.

Thanks! I have read some good things about the beach party. Any idea on what time that usually gets
    started?

Well I just got married there this past saturday 9-10-11, and while the ceremony was PERFECT, the reception was a disaster, they canceled it without any notice and had no back-up plan. They said it was due to weather (our reception was planned for the beach - i had bought decorations and everything) but it never even rained. No one would help us, and they pretty much made us wait around until 10:30 to go to the night club to dance. So I would say be careful about your reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky47846 View Post
    Well I just got married there this past saturday 9-10-11, and while the ceremony was PERFECT, the reception was a disaster, they canceled it without any notice and had no back-up plan. They said it was due to weather (our reception was planned for the beach - i had bought decorations and everything) but it never even rained. No one would help us, and they pretty much made us wait around until 10:30 to go to the night club to dance. So I would say be careful about your reception.
    I was there for your wedding. I loved your dress. Also I flew home with your party on Monday on Airtran. I was wondering why they cancelled the Beach party as well the night befor. However I saw all of you at Palms. I just assumed that was your reception. We ate at Lemon Grass the night of your wedding.

I am assuming you are doing champagne, cake and perhaps appetizers before the beach party? If so, I recommend the garden area with the gazebo (if you get married over there you don't even need to move). I have seen many weddings at CSA, but the best wedding I have seen was there and they had the steel drum band and dancing for the reception. It was perfect! It is very tropical and is more private than being on the beach.

CONGRATS!
    With that many people the beach party is the way to go. OR rent a room or have it in the gazebo area. I was there for a wedding on Friday and they were able to reserve tables for their guests to sit up front by the show. They did a reception in the gazebo/garden area and had the steel drum band, cut the cake, champagne toast, first dance and a private bar. Then they all went to dinner. If you can't afford the reception, you could designate one of the bars to meet at prior to the beach party, have some toasts, hang out and then go to dinner.

We had a cold appetizer reception, and due to weather it ended up inside, but was just as fun. I had my Ipod with all the music I wanted to hear, and they played it for me. Hope this helps.
    CSA 11-7-09