Hybrid View

Default Weather in October (CSS)

Hi there!

My husband Steve and I honeymooned at CSS in June 2007 and are strongly considering going back there this fall. Does anyone know what the weather is typically like that time of year? We're concerned about it being hurricane season...

Thanks in advance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmathanas View Post
    Hi there!

My husband Steve and I honeymooned at CSS in June 2007 and are strongly considering going back there this fall. Does anyone know what the weather is typically like that time of year? We're concerned about it being hurricane season...

Thanks in advance!!!
    well for most of jamacia hurrican season runs from june 1 to end of november with late august to late spetember being the peak season. so if you are concerned you should be as october is indeed in hurricane season.
    October has the average rain fall of any month at 7.4 inches and historically has seen rain 47% of the days in october enjoy

You really can't predict what the weather is going to be like so far in advance...we went to CSS last year in mid-October and had beautiful weather. I think it only rained one day for about 15 minutes, the rest of the week was gorgeous! We were concerned about the weather also, but decided to go anyway, and we had a great time. Also, concerning hurricanes, I think that the majority of the hurricanes are done by October, but again, you don't really know until that time comes. We are going again to CSS in October (the last week of Oct. this time). Join us on the "CSS October 2009" thread under the "meet up" thread, if you haven't already.

The two times we have gone it was early October and the weather was great!

Thanks everyone! We're torn between October and December now (I can get more time away from work due to a paid holiday in October, but December is past Hurricane season) so we'll see. Heather_and_Tim - if we go in October I'll check out the thread for sure!!!