Default This message board is killing me!

Or maybe it is the rate at which the last 31 days until departure to CSA are moving! I come to the message board nearly every day now to seek some Couples anxiety relief...but it only makes me miss "home" that much more. I am a self-admitted Couples Junkie! After nearly 2 years without Couples, you would think the withdrawal symptoms would have abated, but they are only getting worse! 31 more days...31 more days...31 more days...

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Oh now you only have 30 days and it will so be here before you know it but I understand the final countdown and how slow the days seem they can go!! I always want to say girl I know what you're going thru but heck you never know if we are talking to a girl or a guy!! haha We started our countdown at 627 and I have been on this message board almost daily and we are just now at 445 and it kills me sometimes to be on here! I keep telling my fiance I'm getting off this message board for a while but I dont cause I really enjoy learning something new every day!! You're going to have a great time!!!

Girl (I'm a girl too...my husband is a Couples Junkie as well, but would never admit it ), I don't know if I could handle the anxiety of a 627 day countdown! We have never booked more than 6 months out, which is probably a good thing for me because once it is booked, I think about Couples every single day. People think I'm crazy, but they just don't understand! Down to 29 sleeps now...pre-check-in is done and I get to pull the suit cases out in just 15 days!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Perhaps this will help... relax, and tap your flip-flop heels together and repeat... "There's no place like home... There's no place like home..."
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Being a Couples first timer (soon,) I've become more obsessive / compulsive in checking the message boards!

Just watching the seconds roll off the countdown clock on my desktop until we're scheduled to touch down, and I find myself noting what milestone is coming up next (we've passed the double digit mark, the 60 day mark, and we're coming up fast on the month-and-a-half to go mark)

Wonder if I can find a countdown clock that will do tenths of a second, just to see them roll off that much faster...

Jason
    CTI in:
    49 days
    3 hours
    39 minutes
    8 seconds

We're only 60 days out, but I'm on here constantly. We found a great way to get the feeling this weekend. We went to one of our favorite restaurants that happens to have a Caribbean setting. We always choose to sit outside when weather permits, and lo and behold, there was a guy playing steel drums. Ah, home soon ...
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by aurxdoc05 View Post
    Girl (I'm a girl too...my husband is a Couples Junkie as well, but would never admit it ), I don't know if I could handle the anxiety of a 627 day countdown! We have never booked more than 6 months out, which is probably a good thing for me because once it is booked, I think about Couples every single day. People think I'm crazy, but they just don't understand! Down to 29 sleeps now...pre-check-in is done and I get to pull the suit cases out in just 15 days!
    Ok like now knowing that I can say girl instead of wondering who I'm talking to!!! LOL Well I have posted on here several times and I'll post it again.....I wont EVER book 627 days out again!!! This has literally killed me!! haha I get up every sunday morning and get my lap top and head straight to the couch and sit there for several hours just reading everything but I sure enjoy my sunday mornings! haha We talked about booking our 1 year anniversary but heck then we would have another 532 day countdown and I dont think I can do that again! hahaha NOOOOO I dont think you are crazy girl at all! It seems like everyone on here is a Couples Junkie and I kinda think I am and havent even been there! hehehehe OMG by the time you see this, you'll have 28 sleeps or less and if you want I'll come help you pack your suitcase!!!! LOL Have a greattttt time!!!
    Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Perhaps this will help... relax, and tap your flip-flop heels together and repeat... "There's no place like home... There's no place like home..."
    Like it Chris!!!!!!

I know this is a SUPER old thread, and there is a good chance that everyone on here has already taken their trips...but I am SO excited too!! I come on here and go back to the older threads just to read about whatever everyone has done and will be doing!! I have two countdowns going..one until I marry my best friend, and one until I do my first out of country, all inclusive, Couples, real grown up vacations...WOOHOO!!! :-D If anyone out there is still super excited and wants to vent sometimes - I am here and new to this!!

Britnee
    246 days till I marry my best friend
    248 days till CTI! (Novem 19-26, 2012)

Maybe someone should form a support group for us kinda like "AA". My friends think I need help. Now that we are booked for a return visit, it's all I think about. Heck, my wife has started packing already and there's 195 days before we land!!! The only thing that will cure this feeling is digging my feet into the beach at CSS with a bob Marley in hand. If anyone knows of any such support group, please post it as I can see there are others that need help like us...

We can call this CA (Couples Anonymous)

If I didn't have a wedding to plan I would probably already have outfits sitting out to pack, and we have over 200 days let! Haha..

This will be our first trip to Jamaica, and we will be at CTI, so I can't wait for the beach and the pool and the swim up bar, and all the wonderful things I hear about everyday on this message board!!

Britnee

I know how you feel. We have 33 more days till we are home at CSS. This will be our second trip. Since last April we have been dreaming of this day to come. I stay on this message board trying to get some relief. It only helps a little. Lol! We are also planning a November trip so maybe the agony over waiting a year won't be so horrible. I thought about going ahead and packing but not sure if that would be crazy or not. Oh well who cares if I am. Hope your trips are amazing!