Default CSS Deluxe Verandah Suites

We have booked to visit a Couples resort for the first time late July/early August 2012. We have booked a Deluxe Verandah Suite which I understand are located in Block D Floors 1-3, Block E Floor 1, Block G Floor 1 & 3. Any ideas on which block /floor to choose for best sea views would be welcomed.
    I assume the higher the floor , the better the view? Which Block though?

We stayed in that category and were in G block on the top floor. Our view was amazing! If we looked to the left we could see the balloon bar patio and pool, but straight out we could see the bay and beyond.
    The only downsides some may find with G block is the distance down to the beach and dining in that area, and the fact that you can hear the evening entertainment if your door or window is open. It wasn't a bother for us. In fact it was kinda nice if we just wanted to relax and listen from the (huge!) verandah. It doesn't go too late either.
    Location wise D block is a more central spot, but since we didn't stay there, I can't comment on the views, although I imagine they're also good.
    I can't imagine the view would be great from the first floor of E block, having walked past it, I think the foliage would block it somewhat, but maybe I'm wrong.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you really don't like the room you get when you check in, it doesn't hurt to ask for a switch right away. Have a great trip

We were fortunate enough to get room D-7 when we were at CSS in early March. It is our opinion that this room has the BEST view!!! It is on the 1st floor at the every end overlooking BOTH the Ocean, and the main beach. Being on the end, the verandah had 2 open sides (corner view). Even though it's on the first floor, it is elevated enough that the trees and shrubs don't interfere with the view. We weren't ever on the other floors to know if the trees are an issue at that level. Obviously, there are only a few of the corner view rooms. Hope this helps!!! Enjoy!!

Many thanks - your insight was really helpful. I'll ask the Travel Agent to request D3 followed by G3 nearer the time. Our stay is over 10 months away so I can't get too excited yet although reading everyone's positive comments does add to the anticipation.

D3 is a one bedroom ocean suite - its D7 you need!

We've stayed in G7 and G15A, which are both ocean verandah suites.

We've also been lucky enough to stay in G9 and G13, which are one bed ocean view with balcony.

The best view by far was from G15A. This was right at the top and had a huge balcony - you could see round the bluff of land that separates the main beach from sunset beach - we saw the most wonderful sunsets with the sun hitting the sea, which you don't see from the lower rooms. It was hard work getting to the room as we had to come 3 flights of stairs, including the steep wooden ones!

but it was worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by allidoolally View Post
    The best view by far was from G15A. This was right at the top and had a huge balcony - you could see round the bluff of land that separates the main beach from sunset beach - we saw the most wonderful sunsets with the sun hitting the sea, which you don't see from the lower rooms. It was hard work getting to the room as we had to come 3 flights of stairs, including the steep wooden ones!
    G15A was the room we stayed in too! What did you think the first time you walked up those rather narrow last flight of stairs to only 2 doors at the top. I thought where in the world are we going? ...an attic? ...but that "attic" feeling left us as soon as we opened the door. Loved that verandah and the sweeping panoroamic view! We too watched the sunsets, and in the morning we'd often see the cruise ships heading in to port.