Default Booking 2 Resorts, 1 Trip?

Hi, all!

My fiance and I are planning on getting married and spending our honeymoon next summer at CSA and CN (one week at each). We're hoping to start our trip the last week in June 2012, but it just depends on what kind of deals we can get and when. The wedding will be just the two of us, so we don't mind some flexibility and last-minute planning.

We're both newbies to the AI scene and to the Caribbean. I've been a few places, but never anywhere more tropical than California, and my fiance has never been out of the country at all. I know we're in for an amazing time! The biggest things that factored into our decision to choose Couples, and CSA and CN in particular, were the minimal hassle required to get married in Jamaica, the adults-only policy and true all-inclusive nature of Couples, and the great beaches (my fiance has never been to a beach before).

What I'm wondering is this: How much will the fact that we want to split our time between 2 resorts affect the way we book? Can we still bundle in airfare, or will we need to book it all out separately? If both are an option, what are the pros and cons of each?

Also, do the lowest-priced room categories include balconies or verandas? We're not too fussed about the room itself, but I'm an early riser, and it would be great to be able to sit out on the veranda with my coffee and watch the resort waking up.

Thanks so much!

Am I right in thinking you are from the US not UK? The reason I ask is that I am from the UK and booked a split stay through couples.co.uk including airfare. I know there are lots of experts out there to give you advice on booking but all I wanted to say was that I think you've made a great choice in CSA and CN and a week at both is just perfect. I NEVER go back to the same resort but Couples broke the mould and I'm returning this November.

To answer your question about rooms, all rooms have balcony or verandah so no worries on that score. We had a garden room in CN last November, it was perfect so no need o spend extra money on a higher room category in CN as the resort is so compact and there really isn't a bad room in the resort.

As for CSA, I am no expert on the different rooms but loved the look of the atrium rooms. Based on feedback from others on this site I booked an atrium as it was not a lot more than the lower category room. Will post my review when I return late November.

Hope you get the information you need to make the right decisions or you.

2 months ago, I would've gone into shock at the fact I'm even making this statement, but you should talk to a travel agent. I did this for the first time this year and it was totally worth it. They get the best pricing and can take care of the split trip no problem. Since you will be there for 2 weeks, you should absolutely split your stay between both resorts. That would be awesome!!! Not sure about all the rooms at CSA, but all the rooms at CN have a balcony or patio.

One note on the wedding, I've heard that people prefer CN over CSA for the actual wedding, but that's just a third party acccount.

As for the "1st time on the beach", "1st AI", "1st Caribbean vacation" etc. You guys are going to FREAK OUT! You could not have made a better choice. My wife and I had done AI at different resorts in the Caribbean with huge disappointments. We had just about written off AIs all together until we stumbled onto Couples. Nobody we knew had ever been there, or even heard of it for that matter, but we took a chance anyway, and it was a match made in heaven. Nowhere else in the Caribbean will you find anything that even remotely compares.

Congrats and good luck with your planning!

Hey there twosirius, I see you guys are from Tulsa, OK and we are from Yukon, OK! Just wanted to say hi and glad to see you guys on this message board!! We are planning the same thing and getting married at CSA 12/12/12 and spending 7 nights there and then moving on the CN for 7 nights so I think you will be happy doing a split at staying at both of them!!! Happy to have you guys on here!!!

Now that I have read all the reviews to your question.....my 2 cents is that it seems on this mb that people feel like CSA is the most romantic resort for weddings. We booked our rooms at the resorts before we ever learned about this mb and we did pick CSA to get married at and from reading all the reviews I am glad that we chose CSA to do it!! Good luck!!