Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trading places

Default Trading places

My husband and I are going to CN in 224 days for the 4th time. I'm wondering if anyone has gone to CSA for the day? I really want to go but its so hard to tear myself away from that beautiful beach at CN. This resort is on 7 mile beach isn't it? Can you take walks? Are there places to stop and get authenic Jerk chicken along the beach?
    One Love,
    Mya

We did the Trading Places from CN to CSA last March. It was a good day, but it conviced us never to do the Secret Rendevous because we could get stuck spending a week there!!! It's too much like a city there. Most of the rooms face other rooms...just like a large apartment complex. The beach is long and narrow and all the shady spots have been "reserved" with with the towel game by 8:00 AM. The beach at CN is actually larger because it is so deep.

Yes there are! We stayed at CSA, so we didn't do the Trading Places, but friends of ours that we met one year at CTI, who were staying at CN this past April, came over to check out CSA and they seemed to really enjoy it! The beach at CSA is just as beautiful and there are lots of little vendor shacks, bars and jerk shacks to check out that are right down the beach. I say go for it!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

If you think the beach is great at CN...........wait till you see the beach at Swept Away. We did trading places from Swept to CN in July. We had fun and enjoyed the property but there is no place like SA!

I will let you know. We are headed to CN in just two short days and we have talked about doing a Trading Places, but I am still not sure I can get up off the beach for a day.

I havent been to CSA yet (109 Days and counting) but have been doing a lot of research.

Yes, if you go to the beach and turn left, you can walk the beach for 4.5 miles or so and see other resorts, restaurants, bars, shops and beach vendors all along the way.

Supposedly, for good, authentic jerk chicken you can walk down the beach, cut through near the Palms Resort and cross the road to Ossies Jerk Center (Good jerk pork here too). Maybe a quarter mile south of that on the same side of the street is Best In The West Jerk Stand too. Another popular place that probably involves a cab ride would be Bourbon Beach towards the south end of Seven Mile Beach.

Please be careful if crossing or walking along the street. Cars drive on the left, so the North American habit might have you checking for traffic in the wrong direction before you cross. I don't think there is much in the way of sidewalks either.

Here's a link to a map that might give someperspective of locations of things.

http://www.negrilinfo.com/sitebuilde...miniupdate.pdf
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We have stayed at CN and gone to CSA twice on day passes..While CSA is wonderful,our visits there confirmed to us that CN was the resort for us..You indeed should visit CSA.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; October 6th, 2009 at 03:26 PM.

CSA is on the 5 mile stretch of 7 mile beach allowing you to walk as far as you like. There are multiple places along the beach to stop for Jerk. And the beach is GORGEOUS! Try it for a day!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

We have stayed at CSA twice, the second time Trading Places was offered and we spent the day at CN. We enjoyed the day, but learned that CSA was the place for us. We love the seemingly endless beach. Go left and there are resorts, shops and lots of places for food and drink. Go right and once past the neighboring resort there is a quiet, public beach that makes a fine stroll with Cosmos offering great island fare. We are heading to CSS in Jan and know we will miss the beach but decided to try another resort and place on the island. We'll do Trading Places at CTI. We are looking forward to getting to spend time at two new resorts.

Wally, how would you know if the palapas/shade were taken at 8am? The bus from CN doesn't get to CSA until after 9 or 10am, correct?

Myapapya, be adventurous and see what's out there. What if something fabulous is over at CSA or along the beach and you never experienced it because you were enjoying a place that you've been to and know is fabulous. We are going to CSA for our second time, next year, buy you better believe we'll be doing Trading Spaces. We can't wait to see how great another Couples resort will be. And, who knows, we may want to try CN for our third trip.

Live life. Even on vacation you can be stagnant, so mix it up!

Thanks to all!!! We do love CN!!! Maybe I can talk my husband into it. The authenic jerk sounds so good !

Thats my first hug from Tommywommy!!!! Thank you! I feel so special!!
    One Love,
    Mya

Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    Wally, how would you know if the palapas/shade were taken at 8am? The bus from CN doesn't get to CSA until after 9 or 10am, correct?
    Margi,

Yes, we arrived at 10:00 AM, but I read the message board!

We also talked to a few people while we were there. One couple in particular was quite upset that Couples allowed the shaded chairs to be reserved all day with a towel or beach bag and had no people sitting there. That is just rude in my book!

Wally
    Last edited by Wally; August 19th, 2009 at 09:51 PM.

Before Trading Places, we did a tour of CSA while staying at CN, it was pretty awesome, they let us join the resort orientation so it was a great tour. Friends of ours were staying there, so we got to see their Garden verandah room and the resort showed us an Atrium room.

One of these days I would love to split a trip to CN and CSA.

We repeaters have been lobbying for something like Trading Places for a very long time, I can't wait for our trip to CSS in April and a trip over to CTI. Thanks Couples!!!!! It really is a great marketing tool.

We did the CN to CSA trading places in December. We agreed that we were willing to pay for the cab ride back to CN if we weren't having a good time.

We arrived at the resort just in time to take the orientation, which I highly suggest. We then went for a walk down the beach for a couple of hours. Came back and had a wonderful lunch at Patios Patio and then went and played in the ocean for a bit and before we knew it, it was time to head back to CN. We really did enjoy our day there and suggest you tear yourself away from CN to try out CSA.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

To each his own Wally. Our trading places day to CN convinced us that CSA is the place for us. My hubby thanked me repeatedly for choosing CSA because the vibe at CN was just not us. We also prefer the beach at CSA.

Your remark about it being like a city is odd. Makes me curious what your agenda is.

Quote Originally Posted by Myapapya View Post
    My husband and I are going to CN in 224 days for the 4th time. I'm wondering if anyone has gone to CSA for the day? I really want to go but its so hard to tear myself away from that beautiful beach at CN. This resort is on 7 mile beach isn't it? Can you take walks? Are there places to stop and get authenic Jerk chicken along the beach?

Felt the same way last time when we were at CSA, we did not want to tear ourselves away to go to CN..

Go, and enjoy it.

I say "Go for it" if you aren't enjoying yourselves,you can always go back in a cab to CN.
    Kristen

We stayed at CN in July and did the trading places thing to spend the day at CSA. We had a lovely time. It was fun to check out a different resort and we enjoyed lunch at Sea Grapes. We walked down along 7-mile beach but didn't find anything we wanted to try. Still, it was cool to check out a new area!

Rooms facing one another? Were you really at SweptAway? Very nearly ALL of the rooms at SweptAway face toward the beach... I'm fairly certain that three of the Beachfront Suites are oriented diagonally to the beach, and maybe one of the original Gardenview Suite blocks faces south, but the buildings most certainly do NOT face each other.

I just want to correct that misconception.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Margi,

Yes, we arrived at 10:00 AM, but I read the message board!

We also talked to a few people while we were there. One couple in particular was quite upset that Couples allowed the shaded chairs to be reserved all day with a towel or beach bag and had no people sitting there. That is just rude in my book!

Wally
    Unless you stood and watched the palapa all day long, you can't be certain the people didn't just leave for lunch. We were able to get one while were there almost every morning, when we woke up around 7am. I'd sit under it with my coffee and mimosa and read my book while I waited for the rest of our group to wander down from breakfast. There were 8 of us who shared it during the day so there may be times that we left to play volleyball or eat lunch but we always came back.

Now, if someone does use it just to keep their stuff on the chair and never actually sits under it, then yes, I agree with Wally, that is a waste.
    Last edited by Amy; August 25th, 2009 at 07:10 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Rooms facing one another? Were you really at SweptAway? Very nearly ALL of the rooms at SweptAway face toward the beach... I'm fairly certain that three of the Beachfront Suites are oriented diagonally to the beach, and maybe one of the original Gardenview Suite blocks faces south, but the buildings most certainly do NOT face each other.

I just want to correct that misconception.
    Ditto what Chris said. To each his own opinion as far as feeling like it's a city, but about the rooms facing each other - we were in the 2nd row of Ocean Verandah suites and our patio faced the beach.
    Last edited by Amy; August 25th, 2009 at 07:11 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

So how does this work? Do you sign up for it when you arrive? Can you pick any day you want to go? I take it a bus takes you there around 9:30 or so and when do they take you back? Do you have access to a room to change clothes or anything?
    We are repeaters and are staying at CSA next week. We are interested in doing CN for a day.

Someday,

You do sign up when you arrive. I believe they offer it three times a week, but they only allow 10 couples to go per day, so make sure you sign up in advance. It is my understanding that the bus leaves to take you back to your resort at 4:00pm. There are bathrooms available that you could change in, but since you won't have anywhere to store a lot of stuff, I would just wear my bathing suit and cover-up to the resort, just as if I were spending the day on CSA's beach.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    I'd have to say that unless you stood and watched the palapa all day long, you can't be certain the people didn't just leave for lunch. We were able to get one while were there almost every morning, when we woke up around 7am. I'd sit under it with my coffee and mimosa and read my book while I waited for the rest of our group to wander down from breakfast. There were 8 of us who shared it during the day so there may be times that we left to play volleyball or eat lunch but we always came back.

Now, if someone does use it just to keep their stuff on the chair and never actually sits under it, then yes that is a waste.
    Can you shed a lil light on what may have prevented you at 7 am to not get one every morning. 7 am seem awfully early to be on the beach i have to assume maybe 2-4 other folks would be "laying "out at such an early hour... so curious what prevented you from the palapa on the day you couldnt get one.
    We have seen some horrific game at non couples resorts but i guess where ever there are palapas there will be games

Also, you have to be a Romance Rewards member. That is easy to do. Just sign up on line. My hubby and I are going to try CTI for the day in December when we return to CSS.
    Linda

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast