Default Trying to decide which resort...1st timers!

We are planning a June trip with 3 other couples. We are trying to decide which resort is the best (which I know they all are!!) We are torn between San Souci and Negril...Any Help???

Both are great resorts and have everything you need to have a fantastic vacation (exceptional staff, comfortable rooms, great food/drinks, fun entertainment, etc), but they are completely different in style and atmosphere. San Souci is surrounded by more natural beauty than you can possibly imagine, with a new gorgeous view around every corner and bend (and there are a lot of them)! Negril is beautiful as well, but is much more centered around the large pool and beach. San Souci, to me, is a resort where you just want to sit still and take in all of the beauty. Negril, to me, is more of an active resort where you want to get up and enjoy the social scene. Now, these are just my personal views of each of the resorts as I have experienced them. I am very much a beach person, and thus I would choose Negril. But, it is hard to pass up the romance of San Souci. Good luck in choosing; you can't go wrong with either choice!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Big Difference between the two.....what are your primary interests while you are there? If you want beautiful grounds etc, CSS is the choice. If you want an incredible beach, CN is the choice.

They are both our favorites, CSS for the overall resort and CN for the beach. It is a tough choice and depends on what is more important to you.

Our group has been to CN going on 8 times, we LOVE the huge sandy beaches Negril has vs. the Ocho side. We have been to CTI once and did a day trade to CSS. CSS would be the other resort we would stay at if we didn't go to CN. The beach is big, and the property is amazing!

We've been to CSS, CSA and CN. CN & CSS with other couples. Needless to say, we had a great time going with a small group at both resorts but CN, I think, was a little better for a group than CSS.
    We had 3 couples at CSS and 4 at CN.
    The entertainment area (Balloon Bar) at CSS is a very nice, small, intimate area. You may have a hard time seating 8 of you for the entertainment and certainly in the bar itself. CN has a very large room for meals and the entertainment (Cassava Terrace) where this would not be a concern, CSA has multiple choices to eat and a group is also no problem. The entertainment (and meals) is at The Palm which is huge.
    Dinner may also be a concern if you all want to sit together at CSS but not at CN & CSA. They can seat you but you may have to wait a little while.
    The beach is way bigger at CN & CSA, no problem finding your spot as a group. CSS, not as many options, it's a much smaller beach.
    Beach bars, all good.
    CN & CSA have the cat cruise, way fun with a group of friends! Way fun with a group of new friends too!
    CSS does not have the cruise option.
    CSA & CN you can take a long walk down the beach with you're SO (or as a group). CSA goes all the way to the cliffs and you can check out some bars etc. along the way. This may be important after a few days with "close" friends. Chance are, you may want to take that walk with SO after, say.......day 4.
    No matter how much you love your friends/family, you will need a break from them!
    We are torn between CN & CSS as to which one is our favorite but if we return with a group, it's CN all the way. I would do CSS when it is just the 2 of you, it's the most romantic of them all. CSS is small in it's individual areas but I think it is the largest of the Couples resorts in acreage. The grounds are amazing!

Hope that helps a little. You made a very wise choice picking Couples, you will be hooked!

Negril.