Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hang over cure / preventive

any good ideas i know i will be drinking alot dont want to be all hung over

water water water... if you don't stay hydrated, even a couple pina coladas will have you all hung over.

with that said, the super-sugary drinks like miami vice, hummingbird, daquiris, pina coladas, etc can magnify the effect, because they mess with your blood sugar and metabolism. my drink of choice is Appleton V/X, coconut rum and pineapple juice with a Corruba (dark rum) floater. Quite potent, extremely tropical, but little added sugar, so as long as you pace yourself, you get the flavor of paradise with minimized hangover effects.

Not a good plan... plenty of opportunity to enjoy without over-indulgence... see my tag-line below...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Haha Justin/Kristy thanks for the morning laugh!!!! My fiance keeps telling me that he doesnt want to drink alot so he will remember our trip!! I know there is some stuff out there but does it really work is the question?? I dont know. But let me tell you a few months ago someone posted their honeymoon pics on here and they had the most beautiful sunset behind them.....I mean the most beautiful one I have ever seen and I commented back to them that I have been in the caribbean ALOT and had never seen anything that beautiful so I have to wonder if I was already passed out in bed all those times!! hahahaha We are just beer drinkers and I do love a good margarita everyonce in a while but we can still get plenty intoxicated on the ole beer so let me know if you do find anything that really works!!! I will look around too!!!

Good news there are no hangovers in Jamaica, lol!!!! I am just speacking for us but we really havent had one and we have drunk way to much rum. But I would go with the normal hangover cures: water, advil and something greasy to eat. And if your still not feeling well the hair of the dog..........

I don't normally suffer from hangovers, and believe me I can drink a lot of beer or mixed drinks, but I have found out there is something about the BOB Marley Shots that give make me feel a little strange the next morning. Of course after doing 2 or 3 of them while sitting at the beach bar at Negril, I usually get a pretty good delayed buzz on. All good mon. All good. The only day this happens is my first day there. The rest of the time, I don't drink Bob Marley shots.

Like dank said...water, water, water.

I also swear by Excedrin Migraine...either before you go to bed or first thing in the morning. I don't know why it works for me. Maybe it's all the caffeine that's in them.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

I rarely get a hangover because I force myself to drink a half a gallon of water before bed after a long night of drinking. Then when you wake up to pee drink another glass or two of water and take some pain reliver.

(the other half of this account)

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    Good news there are no hangovers in Jamaica, lol!!!! I am just speacking for us but we really havent had one and we have drunk way to much rum. But I would go with the normal hangover cures: water, advil and something greasy to eat. And if your still not feeling well the hair of the dog..........
    Haha now thanks for this saturday morning laugh redinthehead!!!! See I learn something new on here everyday and thanks to you I have now learned there is no hangovers in Jamaica!!! wooooohoooooo!!!! LOL

Having a bloody mary with clamato 1st thing in the a.m., or a mimosa usually gets you right where you need to be. Also H2O doesnt hurt. If all else fails, drink a 5HOUR ENERGY with a shot of Grey Goose...100% guaranteed fix.
    If you are worried about not remembering ther trip because you were "enjoying yourself" too much, take lots of picutres.

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    I agree with that statement.. I drink at home and wakeup feeling really bad, however I drink all day and night in Jamaica and never have a hangover. I do make sure I drink water with my meals and throughout the day

Enjoy
    Dane

Default My recommendation

I would advise against drinking the entire couples martini by yourself, and if you do, I would advise against going on a glass bottom boat ride the next morning.

You live, you learn.

Try drinking GATOTADE!
    It will replace the electrolytes that are the cause of the symptoms of a hang over. As I never drink to the excess(LOL) I wouldn't know if it works or not. I usually fing the powdered mix at a sporting goods store and mix it as I need it. It also works wekk after a long dive or volleyball game.
    Phinns Up.

Way back when we were still checking out Couples, someone posted photos of her new husband passed out with a bucket by him and yes, he missed the bucket. Have fun, but remember somethings can come back to haunt you and what you are even your s/o might not remember, EVERYONE else that was at the bar, including the staff, will remember it and you will receive many reminders throughout your stay. Just ask the guy who was dancing on the bar!
    Vicky

You have to pace yourself!

yes on water & over eat before sleeping. There's also some chaser pills you take before drinking, but I've never tried them.

I 2nd the Excedrin Migraine! My husband (who posted earlier) never has a hangover. I unfortunately am down and out for a day if I am hungover, and the only cure to the headache for me is Excedrin Migraine. I've read not to take this with alcohol in your system though due to liver damage, so I wait until the next day after gatorade and some sleep.

Honestly, we drank all day, but never had a hangover. It may be the sun, or maybe because it's so spread out, but I'm hoping for no hangovers this trip either

Everyone has gove you very good advice. I started drinking at around 10:00 AM at SSB. I would have a few and then drink a glass of watr or chew on a few ice cubes. While I felt very good the entire time (1 week), I never had a hangover.

I've always found that a certain herb seems to do the trick.....

B12

I think I remember someone at couples telling me coconut water is the best thing to drink to prevent/recoup from a hangover.
    Luvsjam (Melody)

LOL... well.. sleep in and take a bite out of the dog that bit you! It always seems to work. I dont know if you are much of a runner but that actually helps get a lot of it out of you.. sweat it out. Whatever you do... ENJOY IT! You worked hard to pay for it... its your vacation.... it can be any way you want it! We just want to see the drunk goofy pictures when you get back! lol

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

It's really true about water and food while your drinking.
    I basically never get hangovers when I drink and it's cause I drink water and eat plenty. (I said basically because that rare occasion I do forget to do one or both is my quick reminder not to do that)

I was worried about this before we left. I have a hard time leaving an open bar alone. Honestly, I was only drunk twice in the 7 days we were there. The first time was within an hour and a half of getting to the resort, but after a nice big dinner and some water, I was fine the next morning. The second time was after a Bob Marley shot. Never in my life have I gotten drunk off of one shot. Again, a nice big dinner and hanging out on the beach under the stars took care of that. You can drink a lot, and not get drunk or have a hang-over. You just have to pace yourself. I bet you I had 12-15 drinks every day, but they were spaced out from the time we got up until the time we went to bed with plenty of food and activity mixed in.

OK... first off, a Bob Marley is NOT a shot... and unless you have some tolerance for alcohol, it can wreck your day... caution is advised. Regarding this thread, I guess I should back off and say its not my business. But it seems to me that if you spend this kind of money on a paradise-bound vacation, its not wise to put all of your focus on the open bar.

There is a lot to appreciate at Couples and on Jamaica. At Couples, the fact that your all-inclusive price includes all drinks, cocktails and house wines is a nice feaure (a REALLY nice feature). It should be pointed out that the bartenders at Couples receive similar training to what you would expect here in the States, including how to assess how much a customer has had to drink, as well as the responsibility the server might have if the patron drinks too much... after all, there is a whole resort full of people that may not want to put up with the hijinks (or other behavior) of a person whose had too much.

Its important that we all be responsible and understand that none of us is the only over-cooked, sun-burned chunk of human flesh on the beach. Respect those around you, monitor your alcohol intake (and your behavior), and above all, don't ruin your vacation (or that of anyone else, for that matter).

Again, I stand by my signature line, from the great Bob Marley... "... in an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty."
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast