Default I found a "close" substitute

It's not exactly the same but pretty close. Since I have been unable to get Sangster Rum Cream here in the U.S. I've been looking for something else.
    I have found an acceptable substitute here in MA and also NH. It's called Tres Leches and it's really quite good in my Nutty Jamaica's. So until October when we return to CN it will have to do.......
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

I can not wait to try this Rum Cream that everyone talks about. Hmm..Should I sample the Tres Leches or wait until April for the Rum Cream?

Thanks Jim. I have been looking also, but haven't found anything decent. We live in Mass., but haven't seen that brand. Is the liquor store anywhere in the Boston area? Thanks
    Last edited by Redsoxnation; September 18th, 2011 at 03:30 PM.

We just found Cruzan Rum Cream here in MI...It is pretty good and the store carries 2 other brands they tell me that are just as good-if not better...time to make some Hummingbirds!! Yeah!!

Quote Originally Posted by aryfairy View Post
    I can not wait to try this Rum Cream that everyone talks about. Hmm..Should I sample the Tres Leches or wait until April for the Rum Cream?
    Think Irish cream only made with rum, instead of whiskey, and beating out several of the most popular Irish cream and coffee liquer products in competition. The cool thing is that the Sangster's comes in different flavors, like Rum & Raisin, Blue Mtn Coffee, or my personal fave, Worlds' End Banana. If you could only bring one thing home from Jamaica, this would be a wise choice!

Default Tried both

I tried both the Cruzan Rum cream & the Tres Leches and found the Tres Leches to be much smooooother. The cruzan reminded me of Bailey's Irish Cream.
    I found the Tres Leches in Kappys at Wellington Circle Medford MA and the New Hampshire Liquor stores.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"