Default Somewhere we can print please!

Hi Randy,

Something to add to your list of guest requirements...It would be great if there was someway of printing - the reason I mention it is a lot of airlines have started online checkin - some for Europe even make it mandatory and have not got checkin desks. This has meant for us staying in CSS at the moment that we could not do online checkin for our connecting flight from the uk home to Ireland. The line from reception was "..You'll have to wait til you get to the airport" which for some is not an option.

I know it's a small thing but small things can mean a lot when next choosing where to vacation.

Shamrock

I thought the same thing last time we were at CSS. I would have done the check in on line as well, but could not print the tickets. They said I could e-mail it to one of the girls at the front desk, but for some reason it didn't work. I would like to see a way to print also.
    Linda

CTI has a printer for the computer room.
    Irie Mon

I agree- that would be great.

I recently flew and had access to the internet, but not to a printer. I checked in online and then when I went to the counter at the airport, I told them that I had checked in, but couldn't print the documents. That way, I reserved my place and they just printed the boarding pass for me.

There are printers at the internet cafe at CSA.

We have printed our boarding passes at CTI once on Delta once on US Air and both times they took them at the ticket counters at MBJ and tore them up and printed us new ones so I don't even bother anymore. I think it's a waste of time.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

CSA also has a printer in the Computer Room, so we print ours easily while there. We were able to get ours printed at CSS when we were there in 2007. I remember there being some issue with the email thing also...I think we ended up having the kind lady access my email directly and print it that way. She was very accommodating.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Glad to here CSS have been accomodating to others on printing boarding passes - I was very disappointed and annoyed at how unaccomodating they were to me when I asked, I was told that they do not have access to printers in internet room and that the front desk does not have access to the internet. When I questioned further was there anyway I could get it printed I was told "No, you'll have to wait til you get to the airport". Luckily our connecting flight was with AerLingus so it wasn't mandatory to checkin online - Don't know what I'd have done if we were flying ryanair!!

I think that printed tickets are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

We have booked ourselves for next summer with US Airways. I have never booked air travel online before, so I asked the CSR a number of questions. One was about printing boarding passes. She told me there was nothing to print, we will be in the system and all we need is the booking number on our confirmation that I printed when the purchase was made, she even gave me our seating assignments. That and a passport is all we need to show up with. I assume it will work the same way coming home. But I will check before hand.

I think part of the problem with printer at the resorts is that some folks may try printing their vacation photos or other non-essential things on the "free" printers.

I've never printed a thing in Jamaica. Sadly, I still have to leave each time.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    I think part of the problem with printer at the resorts is that some folks may try printing their vacation photos or other non-essential things on the "free" printers.

I think that absolutely correct. While at CTI & CN saw people printing huge print jobs for their school assignments or work. I mean like 60 pages plus! All you need is your passport and locator number and no printed boarding passes needed they ALWAYS print you new ones coming and going.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

One HUGE benefit of the online check-in process is that you are already checked in for your flight. Our very first trip to Jamaica we didn't bother to check in and the airport was a complete madhouse when we got there. After waiting more than 2 hours to check-in to our flight, we were told that the aircraft had been overbooked (which apparently is a pretty common thing) and that there was no room for us. We had wait until the following day for departure, which would not have been such a bad thing except we didn't get to the Holiday Inn Express (where the airline put us up) until late that evening and had to leave early the next morning again for the airport. Not the best way to end a trip to paradise.

As a previous poster said, even if I wasn't able to print the boarding passes, I would still do the online check-in so that I could be assured that we wouldn't be bumped from an overcrowded flight.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)