Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A resort in Jamaica that doesn't have/serve Red Stripe? That's crazy talk! Where did they think they were Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by lanellboo View Post

Johnneim: you must have a sweet ride! I won’t miss driving
    Just got back from Spain. 850 miles of the most sublime drivers roads EVER!! Mountains, switchbacks, longs lazy country roads and the noise of 9 V8's (7 TVR, 1 Porsche and 1 Mercedes) echoing around the gorges and ravines and bouncing off the village homes. The locals seem to love it, unlike in Britain where locals villagers frown and wave fists! A different type of holiday from Jamaica and CSS!! Which do I prefer? I guess its CSS as my wife will join me for some 'us' time. Can't wait till Nov 26th, two weeks of pure joy!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoNSue View Post
    I still have to deal with the office but get an enormous amount of pleasure replying to e-mails while laying on Tower Isle...Sue doesn't have to do her hair because of her corn rows....Just a little more than 60 days and we hit Paradise...Soon come Mon'''
    YES! Cornrolls are often seen on many tourist in the islands & every place in the Carribean I have visited...looks cute too!

Quote Originally Posted by laderme View Post
    I will not have to sleep alone for a week
    I will not have to sit in the Timmies Drive-thru waiting for a Breakfast BELT
    I will not have to enter my PIN number (well maybe once at the jewellery store)
    I too will not have to sleep alone, I do not live with my guy
    I too will not have to wait at the drive thru for their smoothie when I can have a fresh one made with the finest tropical fruits & I hope I will not have to use my pin at all!

Quote Originally Posted by chelehikes View Post
    I am looking forward to not having to introduce my sweetheart as... "this is is my partner"- my husband David... has a much better ring to it! CTI 2/29/12
    I'm so happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnniem View Post
    Just got back from Spain. 850 miles of the most sublime drivers roads EVER!! Mountains, switchbacks, longs lazy country roads and the noise of 9 V8's (7 TVR, 1 Porsche and 1 Mercedes) echoing around the gorges and ravines and bouncing off the village homes. The locals seem to love it, unlike in Britain where locals villagers frown and wave fists! A different type of holiday from Jamaica and CSS!! Which do I prefer? I guess its CSS as my wife will join me for some 'us' time. Can't wait till Nov 26th, two weeks of pure joy!!
    2 weeks for you (I can't imagine having that long!), one week for us! Yes we alternate vacations between Mexico & Jamaica. This is our 3rd in a row at Couples Tower Isle. You are right, you can find a different type of comfort & serenity in other vacation spots. For us, Mexico, then we get the shakes & our addiction starts to kick in. It's calling us in our sleep & well, we are going back to couples in December.

From a simple work stand point.....I don't have to do the following.

Don't check my blackberry when I wake up.....

Lug a backpack out the door...

Use a badge to get in the garage...then the outer door...then the door to my floor.

Login to my computer by entering a password, then another for email, then another for once system then another for another system.

Don't check my desk phone for messages.

Don't sit in two hour meetings to listen for 1 hour and 59 minutes, and give 30 seconds of input from a question directed at me.

Don't come in early...don't leave late....

If your company doesn't have a travel policy that prohibits taking business assets abroad (blackberry, laptops)..I HIGHLY recommend you look into getting one! For 7 days in September 2010, I did not have a blackberry, cell phone, pager, or laptop in my possession for the first time in 17 years.

Meeting my wonderful wife, and them making it to Jamaica for our 2nd honeymoon made me realize once again...I work to live.....I don't live to work.

CTI - DEC 2012

Oh gosh, I can relate to a LOT of these things!

Among the things I WILL. NOT. MISS:

• Getting up at 5 AM
    • Getting my 3 kids out of bed and making sure they've dressed/combed/brushed/picked out a snack/etc etc etc
    • Being grumpy because I hate mornings (I expect they'll be more tolerable with a great breakfast chased down by a Bloody Mary!)
    • Being "Mommy" to all the people at work, too.
    • Trying to accomplish as many things as I can in my 30 minute lunch period
    • Having my kids ask "What's for dinner?" the minute they're in my car again and asking for various random things before I get my shoes off at home.
    • Grocery shopping/meal planning/dinner cooking (thank God hubby helps w/ some of it)
    • Being grumpy because once again the only remaining time in my day is spent cooking and cleaning up the dinner mess.
    • Homework!
    • Fielding calls from photography clients in between all this (I love it, but it's difficult!)
    • Locking myself in the bathroom to speak professionally to said clients.
    • Getting my 3 kids back into bed and making sure they've dressed/combed/brushed/read/etc etc etc.
    • Looking at the disaster of a house after all is said and done.

Nope, won't miss any of that!

Ok, so the Packers (Go Pack Go) & the Brewers (Go Brew Crew) have destracted me for a hot minute. We have 75 days 12 hours, 9 mins to CTI. I thank you all for your responses. Many of your lives are so much different than mine (and interesting too!). In many ways some of you have more on your plate, are even busier, and it is just an ordinary day. Koodos to you.

Too often as adults we never get that thank you or great job or I appreciate you when we need it. I am grateful that we are all fortunate (at this time) to partake in a Couples vacation nomatter how soon or far away. To my pen pals (that's what I secretly call the people on this website), happy trails, safe trip and of course...one love...might I add a few more things that I will not have to do while I am at Couples...CAN'T WAIT:

Staying late at work
    Getting my feet stepped on by my students (Ugh if you have on sandals)
    Staff meetings...boring
    freeway construction
    The horrible customer service at the McD's by my job (it's just this one where they drop the ball most mornings)
    Going to bed at 9:30 pm on weeknights (if I'm lucky)
    Looking at my resort dresses then looking at them again
    Looking at previous CTI photos & remembering the time
    and oversleeping past the alarm jumping up!

One love

Quote Originally Posted by b-mon View Post
    oh gosh, i can relate to a lot of these things!

Among the things i will. Not. Miss:[*]being grumpy because i hate mornings (i expect they'll be more tolerable with a great breakfast chased down by a bloody mary!)

yes: The only time you are allowed/or can get awaywith drinking in the am without explaining why
    [*]fielding calls from photography clients in between all this (i love it, but it's difficult!)[*]locking myself in the bathroom to speak professionally to said clients.

Lol & what they don't know wont hurt them!

Nope, won't miss any of that!
    you are currently a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by kckev View Post

meeting my wonderful wife, and them making it to jamaica for our 2nd honeymoon made me realize once again...i work to live.....i don't live to work.

Cti - dec 2012
    i agree! I will be honest, by the time my vacation arrives i will be very burned out from my current weekday routine. I cannot wait for the simple things like the tropical smell in the air when you get off the plane.

One love

Quote Originally Posted by lanellboo View Post
    you are currently a superhero
    LOL! Feels like it sometimes! It'll be great to get back to 'civilian life'!

Today is THREE WEEKS TO THE DAY of departure for us.... as I was driving into work this morning, instead of being cranky at it being Monday, I was singing and going, "WOO HOOOOOOOOO!"

While in CN on our honeymoon this past June, I loved the fact that I didn't HAVE to pay attention to what time it was. We ate when we were hungry, slept when we were tired, and got up when we felt like it.

The best was one morning, or afternoon, we stumbled into the Cassava for lunch, but were about 10 minutes too early. The staff politely told us to have a seat and we can eat when it's ready. We apologized for coming too early because we haven't known what time it was since we got there, and they just laughed and said "you're not supposed to!"

We LOVED CN and plan to go back for our one year anniversary.

Great topic! We won't have to...

1. Take care of a one year old
    2. Wake up to the sounds of a 1 year old at 6am
    3. Clean poopy diapers
    4. Argue all day (we are both lawyers)
    5. Worry about cooking
    6. Worry about cleaning
    7. Clean poopy diapers
    8. Get half a night's sleep (refer to #1)
    9. Refrain from that second glass of wine (refer to #1)
    10. Take care of my needy (but terribly sweet) mutt
    11. Did I mention cleaning poopy diapers?!?!?

10 days and counting....

LOVE this thread! here's my list ...
    1. plan, shop, cook and clean-up breakfast, lunch and dinner
    2. be at the beck and call of my two young sons (whom I love dearly, but really can't it wait until i'm done peeing???)
    3. knowing what day it is or what time it is
    4. having to put on socks
    5. have my husband disappear from bed at 4:30 AM to go to work
    6. feel guilty about doing absolutely nothing

You know you are really in need of a Couple's vacation, when you are driving to work, and you swear the license plate in front of you says "Jamaica" Now on closer inspection I saw it read,"Loisianna" I should mention we are from Pennsylvania. Hey, it was dusk.
    So, I will definately not miss driving to work in the dusk/dark.
    No, Mandatory meetings, about how we have to do more, with less.
    no, dishwasher to empty, I hate that!
    Grocery shopping, figuring out what the heck to cook, cook, then clean up from cooking.
    No heavy questions to answer, or delima's to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    Trying to figure out/schedule when my wife and I can have a "Date Night". EVERY night at Couples is "Date Night"!!! Thanks, Couples for providing an environment where we can relax and reconnect.
    I love this answer....my husband makes it "date" night everynight at CN as well. It truly is the place to pause and remember why we are together as a couple. 106 days to go!!

Ok, so we are down to 54 days. Woohoo. I have enjoyed reading your post which have made me laugh. Hang in there as everyday brings you closer to your vacation. Thanks for all of your honest and humourous responses.

One Love

Great thread,
    Here is my list of what I won't miss..........
    8 days having any of my kids asking us to babysit so they can have a date night :-)
    8 days of a 110 mile round trip commute
    8 days where my kids can't call and ask to borrow money
    8 days of worry about paying $4.00 for a gallon of gas
    8 days of people on the highway texting while driving
    8 days of meal planning
    8 days of cooking (wife gets home later than I so yes, this is on my list)

165 days 18 hours 22 minutes 35 sec to return to CSA

We just made our last payment for CTI today, now it's paid in full...there's something I wont have to do anymore...make payments. Now I really cannot wait...52 days!

One Love

Quote Originally Posted by mick7602 View Post
    Great thread,
    Here is my list of what I won't miss..........
    8 days having any of my kids asking us to babysit so they can have a date night :-)
    8 days of a 110 mile round trip commute
    8 days where my kids can't call and ask to borrow money
    8 days of worry about paying $4.00 for a gallon of gas
    8 days of people on the highway texting while driving
    8 days of meal planning
    8 days of cooking (wife gets home later than I so yes, this is on my list)

165 days 18 hours 22 minutes 35 sec to return to CSA
    The last time I was at Couples, I ran into a couple like you, they were like kids all week without a care in the world. We were so happy we rode the plane back with them and rode to the resort on the shuttle with them. They were our great friends during out stay, so no you are not alone in your thinking.

One Love

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3