Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Things you do everyday that you will NOT have to do at Couples

Please help me get through my 98 days, 10 hours & 53 minutes. What are some things you do everyday but WILL NOT have to do once you get to your Couples destination?

This may sound incredibly lazy because "we have to eat" but I am soooo tired of making dinner every night! Also I am a lower primary public school teacher & though I love my job and my students, I will be so ready to rid myself of them and all children under the age of 18. I am also tired of: buying liquor at the store, my morning expressway commute, cold toes until the heat in my apartment kicks in, getting up at 6 am, & my new neighbors who can't seem to get along & argue loudly, alot!

This Thread is meant in good fun!

Default Fun post...I definately will not miss the snow.

What a great post idea!
    I will be so thankful to not have to get up for work at 4:00 am to shovel fresh heavy snow in below zero tempatures. I will be so happy to be wearing a swimsuit rather than long johns. For not having to cook meals for a week but instead be able to enjoy food that was made for me. I will not have to share my bed with my beagle, instead I will actually be in the same bed as my Husband. As much as I love my life here in Minnesota, I will so much enjoy a week in Jamaica listening to the waves, feeling the breeze and just relaxing.
    #1 thing I do everyday that I will not have to do at couples....day dream about being there!

lanellboo,
    I look forward to not having to make our bed everyday and just being spoiled! My husband treats me like a queen, and I love him dearly but there's just something special about being called "My Lady" at CSS it just makes me smile from ear to ear! I also love the fact I have no worries about work or what the next day will bring because I am home in paradise! I can't wait for December 27th!!!

One Love!
    suzyQ

Cook
    Think of what to cook
    Buy food to cook
    Clean up after cooking
    Pay for meals
    Pay for drinks
    Make a bed
    Clean a bathroom
    Clean the floor
    Take out the trash
    Worry about doing anything you do not want to do

Enjoy your time and get ready to be completely spoiled!

Get up with a toddler laying on my head!!!! Go to work dreading the day, and spending it talking to morons who tell me how to do my job. Worry about cooking, cleaning, and getting kids ready for bed, thanks Grandma And most importantly, my husband won't be ignored because I've fallen asleep early, after being drained from work and kids.

You know we are so busy here too and seems like its work, work, work always so I keep thinking the smart thing would be when we get there which is not till Dec of 2012 that we should just do nothing BUT the fact that we have never been there makes me want to do it ALL and not miss a darn thing!! Hate to get back and read on the mb about something and I am like how did we miss that? haha so knowing me, we will be on the go non stop! I keep looking at the activites schedule on line and I know they are just like samples and can change at any moment but I'm like oooh I want to do this and omg I want to do this and etc so I see no rest while we are there!!!!

Not doing anything you don't want to do.
    Being at SSB and not worrying about whether we 'look good in this'!!
    Not cooking or clearing or washing up or shopping or planning for meals
    Not cleaning, washing, ironing etc (the last two were mostly for my wife's sake)
    Having no dependants around to be, well, dependant!
    Not being at work
    Not constantly being asked questions (from staff and clients alike!)
    Not wondering whether it'll be warm today (We're Brits!)

Finally, there is one sad thing....

Not having my car with me to blast around the island!! ;-((

Get up at 4:45 am!
    Drive for 2+ hours every weekday in Chicago area traffic (min. of an hour each way to work)
    Work at a job where no one appreciates what you do.
    Go to bed at 9pm because you have to get up again at 4:45 am.
    Nope, I don't miss home one bit when I'm home in Jamaica except for the cat & dog. I'd bring them with if I could. 206 days till we go home again to CSS!!! Ya Mon.

I love this topic!

Drive 1 hour to get to work in the morning and 1 hour to get home in the evening
    Wake up before 7 am
    Stay up late watching bad TV waiting for my husband to come home so I can at least see his face for a few minutes before dragging myself upstairs to get in bed
    Plan what to cook for the week
    Go to the grocery store
    Listen to whining customers who have no sense of the value of care being provided to them complain about their bill
    Figure out what to wear (swimsuit everyday!)

I read your posts and just laughed. You made me think of things I've never thought of, different perspectives...THANK YOU!

taraanddavid: “I will be so happy to be wearing a swimsuit rather than long johns.” This is a big one & day dreaming about being there consumes a part of each day after I book.

suzyQ: “there's just something special about being called ‘My Lady’ at CSS it just makes me smile from ear to ear!” I love that too but never thought about it!

Gayle Ann: I super HATE cleaning the bathroom, & the sad part is, I’m cleaning up after myself!

sweetlastname: “Get up with a toddler laying on my head!” and I think I am so busy…not! & “my husband won't be ignored because I've fallen asleep early, after being drained from work and kids.” YES! I will have nothing but time for my guy…you are so right!

soonerfans: “I keep looking at the activites schedule on line and I know they are just like samples and can change at any moment but I'm like oooh I want to do this and omg I want to do this.” By the time you get there, I doubt that a lot will have changed…just time. Your resort will be waiting for you!

One Love

I love being able to read a book and not feel guilty that I should be doing something else, in fact I hardly ever read because of everything else I have to do so I have huge piles of books that I look lovingly at!

Well, the things I am looking forward to not doing are:

Setting an alarm clock
    Waking up two little girls every weekday
    Packing school lunches
    Driving in rush hour traffic
    Trying to figure out what is for dinner because I failed to plan ahead
    Breaking up 37 sisterly fights every day
    and...LAUNDRY!

I am really looking forward to hearing "no problem" for a week!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Rush Hour Traffic!!!

There are so many things I won't have to worry about doing once I'm at CTI next December...

1. shovel snow
    2. go to work
    3. yell at my dog for the thousandth time for getting into something she shouldn't
    4. check emails
    5. laundry
    6. cooking
    7. checking facebook every 30 seconds
    8. wishing I was at Couples
    9. doing my hair
    10. worrying about what I'm going to wear and if it's clean
    11. watching what I eat

How long until this vacation starts again?

ElainePoole: “I love being able to read a book and not feel guilty that I should be doing something else” I just bought the book, ‘Wicked’ and between the plane ride & resort, I am going to read the whole thing.

aurxdoc05: “Breaking up 37 sisterly fights every day,” once upon a time my mom felt like that about me and my sister & I forgot about laundry, in fact, I just put a load in…ugh!

dank120: there was a 9 car pileup in the pouring rain that backed up the expressway on my way to work on Monday…true story!

Johnneim: you must have a sweet ride! I won’t miss driving

rrallen: “Drive for 2+ hours every weekday in Chicago area traffic (min. of an hour each way to work)”….wow!

JamaicanLove: “Stay up late watching bad TV waiting for my husband to come home so I can at least see his face for a few minutes before dragging myself upstairs to get in bed”…all I can say is “infomercials” & “Figure out what to wear (swimsuit everyday!)”…you’d better believe it, in fact this year, I bought a Packer swimsuit…lol

jdanjou: “checking facebook every 30 seconds”…Yes I’m on facebook a lot…it’s addictive

You guys are making me laugh & making my days…THANK YOU!

I won't have to spend time wishing I was at Couples Swept Away and missing all of our wonderful friends there!

Ahhh, the many things I will not miss doing while at CSS in October.....

waking up to my husband getting ready for work at 4:30 am
    waking up again to take my daughter to school by 6:45 am... the lovely carpool of her bestfriend and my nephew who also need a ride to school
    my psychotic dog who has anxiety attacks when its too windy, my husband's phone makes the text message ding noise, lightning, thunder, packed bags... just about anything!
    going to work to listen to people complain about nothing and remind me that they pay my wages (local gov't)
    going to class after work when I am so exhausted from listening to the complainers
    driving amongst the crazy Michigan drivers who always have road rage and an obvious disregard to any value of my life

I only have 24 days to go! I CAN DOOO IT!!

I love not doing dishes!

The one thing I am looking forward to not doing:

~ Straightening My Hair ~

There's no "taming of the locks" in the Caribbean Humidity! LOL!

WE won't have to worry about work / co-workers / the bulls**t / the problems.... because in Jamaica there's no problem, mon!

Trying to figure out/schedule when my wife and I can have a "Date Night". EVERY night at Couples is "Date Night"!!! Thanks, Couples for providing an environment where we can relax and reconnect.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

The next 99 days 1 hour and 46 minutes and 3 seconds will be spent on and off daydreaming about waking up and not having to take care of 10 month old twins. Bottles, diapers, two little guys crawling all over the living room and hoping they aren't climbing on anything that will break or break them.

Ahhhh...... it will be like our honeymoon all over again!!

PS... My office building is about 2 miles from the Cincinnati airport and everytime I see a plane fly by my window I think about being on it in 99 days 1 hour 43 minutes and 5 seconds

Love this thread!

Not getting up and having to go to work
    No cooking and cleaning
    No laundry or having to worry about what to wear to work - especially since we will be on SSB all day!
    T.O. & Mia
    CSS - June 17-23, 2011 Weddingmoon!
    CSS - June 19-23, 2012

looking forward to not having to answer a telephone

Quote Originally Posted by SeanandSakinna View Post
    Ahhh, the many things I will not miss doing while at CSS in October.....

waking up to my husband getting ready for work at 4:30 am
    waking up again to take my daughter to school by 6:45 am... the lovely carpool of her bestfriend and my nephew who also need a ride to school
    my psychotic dog who has anxiety attacks when its too windy, my husband's phone makes the text message ding noise, lightning, thunder, packed bags... just about anything!
    going to work to listen to people complain about nothing and remind me that they pay my wages (local gov't)
    going to class after work when I am so exhausted from listening to the complainers
    driving amongst the crazy Michigan drivers who always have road rage and an obvious disregard to any value of my life

I only have 24 days to go! I CAN DOOO IT!!
    Yes you have a busy life! I am happy you get your vacation soon but slightly jealous you get it sooner than me. I was thinking...do you get any sleep between 4:30am & 6:45 am or is it impossible? Also, your dog reminds of the movie "Marley & me"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast