Default Another AN etiquette question

CTI in just 42 more days!

So, the wife and I are planning to visit the Isle at CTI on our first full day at the resort. Both of us are complete AN newbies and we've got a couple questions. I did try searching the forums, but didn't really find the answers.

1. When visiting the Isle, I'm presuming you should find a spot, then de-clothe? Seeing as I know many people (possibly myself, almost certainly the wife) can be rather uncomfortable dis-robing around others, is it OK to use the restroom for this purpose (separately, not together, from the pics others have posted of the tower, the restroom looks about the size of a port-a-john)

2. Suggestions on easy to remove clothing? My thought is (for me) a pair of swim trunks, shirt, and sandals, for her a bikini (easier to get out of then a 1-peice,) cover-up and sandals. I'm thinking having any sort of underwear to remove will lead (briefly {ooo a slight pun}) to some uncomfort on the part of the dis-robers...

3. IIRC, someone suggested that, on the Isle, if you're looking for the party, turn left from the dock (towards the bar) and for a quieter area (good for first timers?) turn right. Correct?

4. Is the bowling alley in the sub-level of the tower still open?

Thanks all!
    Jason
    CTI in:
    42 days
    4 hours
    4 minutes 15 seconds

Jason:

1) You can locate a good spot for you and then disrobe, whether it be by the pool or over to the right (east) side of island or in the restroom. I think you will probably want to avoid the restroom for disrobing purposes though.

2) You can wear whatever you like ... trousers, 3 piece suit, shorts, swim trunks, long t-shirt ... it doesn't matter.

3) Correct. It's not hard to spot the "party" and "privacy" spots.

4) Lower level of the Tower is for loading and unloading only. ;-)

Respect mon. Enjoy your stay !!!

IMO, you are WAY overthinking this...Just take off whatever you want to wears. We have worn our clothes right off the bus to the pool. On full days at the resort, my wife picks out her bikini to be worn out to the nude area, just for the photo op for home. Other days a wrap from the room to the AN area.

No one will watch you disrobe, so no need to go to the bathroom. You will feel more comfortable once you take it off...because you will blend in with the crowd.

We both remember our apprehension...now we laugh about it. We have traveled to AN resorts with friends from home...and a few drinks and meeting everyone else we already knew who were heading to the AN areas made the transition...or first "bare it all" experience...an easy thing.

"Once you go, you know!" is our motto.
    2012: Apr 22-29 Couples Tower Isle; Jul 21-28 HBR
    PAST TRIPS:CouplesOR-Feb '95, Jun '97, Jan '00,01
    HedoIII-Jul '03,04,05 GLB-Jul 06,07,08,09 Starfish-Jun 07,08
    Rose Hall-Jun '08,09 GLN-Jun '09 Breezes Rio Bueno-Feb '10
    Dreams RC & PA-Jun '10 Now Jade-Apr '11 El Dorado/HBR-Jul '10,'11

1. I suppose you could use the restroom, but really, no one will be looking at you; so just find your spot and get nekkid
    2. Yes, both of you should just wear swimwear - I can tell you're a bit nervous, but let's not over-think things
    3. Yes
    4. I dunno, but it's still a good idea to wear bowling shoes - bare feet don't work so well (And yes, I actually have been nude bowling before)

Get the island early--first boat out. Go to the right and get your lounger, put out your towel/s (yes you can have more than one) then you can either walk back to the restroom and disrobe and come out and everyone who might be at the pool will see you, or just disrobe at your lounger, where probably no one else will see you. When we went the first time, I disrobed while laying on the lounger and I have seen others do this also. Then I just sent my hubby to the bar (opens at 10) for the drinks. I of course, eventually had to get up and when I looked around, everyone else was naked, so no one noticed that I was naked. Had I been dressed, it would have been noticed.
    Vicky

Default An Etiquette Question

Jason:

1. You could use the restroom, however, as you mentioned, it is not that large.

2. Yes, whatever is the easiest and simplest to get out of.

3. Yes, go to the right, this is the key. Go early in the day, if possible, and there will likely be no one else on the right side. Then you can get undressed without anyone seeing you. If someone else is there, they are probably first timers as well. Take some time to get comfortable with your new surroundings, then take a walk over to the bar for refreshments. You can even wrap a towel around yourself the first time, for a little more comfort. Remember, no one is judging you. Just be friendly and soon you will make a few new friends.

4. Bowling alley open at 5 pm.

Thanks everyone!

I guess we won't be bowling while we're at the Isle, then, as neither of us own our own bowling shoes...

Jason & Kathy
    CTI in
    40 days
    17 hours
    1 minute
    50 seconds

They have shoe rental in the gift shop on the 4th floor of the tower...

Quote Originally Posted by scottnkim View Post
    They have shoe rental in the gift shop on the 4th floor of the tower...
    Right across from the lingerie department ... :-)

Everyone, thanks for the great answers!

Now, for another question:
    Is it possible to go swimming off the island? I think I've seen this asked before (I may even have asked it,) and I know I've seen it said to watch for sea urchins when swimming in the ocean off CTI in general. I know the Isle has no beach (heck, you can tell just looking on Google Maps,) and it looks like the only place to safely enter the water would be by the dock.

OK, yes, I'm asking because I like the thought of giving nude snorkeling a try...

Thanks again!
    Jason & Kathy
    CTI in:
    37 days
    18 hours
    13 minutes
    35 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by warren.cple View Post
    Everyone, thanks for the great answers!

Now, for another question:
    Is it possible to go swimming off the island? I think I've seen this asked before (I may even have asked it,) and I know I've seen it said to watch for sea urchins when swimming in the ocean off CTI in general. I know the Isle has no beach (heck, you can tell just looking on Google Maps,) and it looks like the only place to safely enter the water would be by the dock.

OK, yes, I'm asking because I like the thought of giving nude snorkeling a try...

Thanks again!
    Jason & Kathy
    CTI in:
    37 days
    18 hours
    13 minutes
    35 seconds
    J&K - if you go right when you get on the island, there is a path and stairway down to the water (on the resort facing side) which allows for safe entry. Water there comes up about waist high and when we were there, it was free of urchins. We didn't try snorkeling around the island, but have seen others do it.

Warren:

You are correct. To swim/snorkel from the island, you can enter from the dock and them swim around it if you like. Just be careful ... the ocean side of the island is very rocky and the waves can push you into the rocks.

Thanks again everyone!

Yeah, I was looking at some pictures on Google of the island, and the seaward side does not look "swimmer friendly," to say the least. I had mental pictures of getting shoved into the rocks by a wave, and spending the remainder of my vacation covered in bandages...

Jason
    CTI in:
    34 days
    16 hours
    37 minutes
    20 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by warren.cple View Post
    Thanks again everyone!

and spending the remainder of my vacation covered in bandages...
    Yeah .. that would put a damper when trying to hang out on the island (pun intended) ;-)

OK, resurrecting a slightly old thread, but it seems to fit here!

LAST questions before we start our vacation:

What time does the first boat leave for the Isle?
    And
    What time does the last boat leave for the resort at the end of the day (or what time does the Isle close)?

Thanks!
    Jason
    CTI in:
    7 days!!!
    (I reloaded my PC, and lost my countdown timer, and MS has killed the Gadget Gallery!)

Default Island time

My recollection is that the first boat goes over at 9am. Bartender gets there around 10. Last boat leaves typically at 5. But if there is an event or weather, the times change.

9am's the best time for newbies and photos as there is usually no one over there.

First boat out is 9am, closing by 5pm, this sometimes changes if there is a private function on on the island in the everning

Jason,
    My wife and I arrive on the 3rd and will most likely make the island by 2pm. Save a seat for me at the bar and I'll buy you a Red Stripe. You can then tell me how much fun you had on your previous 6days as I know that you will have a blast. Here's some advice to you from an "old timer" LOL
    1) Swim trunks with no jock, tee shirt, flip flops or a modification thereof. I'm at the age where I should be wearing velcro sneakers and black ban lon socks but oddly enough I don't own any! Don't forget a visored hat and sunglasses too... If you wear the mirrored kind, nobody can catch you looking LOL.. ( I don't own those either as I've been enough times where I actually look at peoples faces!)
    2) You can de-clothe anywhere you are. Find a chaise, and lose your clothes. Right side for the more "modest" and left or bar side for the "I don't cares" You may want to bring a knapsack or some kind of bag for your clothing to stay dry, it will also hold books, ipods, snacks, towels, sunscreen etc. Nobody will care if either of you choose to use the rest room and if that is how you are comfortable then that is what you should do. I have a funny feeling that that would only happen on the very first day though.
    3) As far as the bowling alley goes you'll have to ask Richie S about that as he is the founder, curator and pinspotter at the bowling alley. He also rents the shoes for a buck a pair.
    4) boat leaves for the island to start loading the bar etc. at around 9am. If you want to be by yourselves for a bit that's the time to go. Most people start coming over after 10am.... And some who spent too much time at the piano bar the night before won't be there until after 12pm... ( don't ask how I know that)
    And finally, just go, relax with your wife, and do whatever is comfortable for you both. You're gonna love it
    Tom

9 & 5, BUT we have known of some folks that have been able to get out there earlier. They go out with the maintenance guys.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    Get the island early--first boat out. Go to the right and get your lounger, put out your towel/s (yes you can have more than one) then you can either walk back to the restroom and disrobe and come out and everyone who might be at the pool will see you, or just disrobe at your lounger, where probably no one else will see you. When we went the first time, I disrobed while laying on the lounger and I have seen others do this also. Then I just sent my hubby to the bar (opens at 10) for the drinks. I of course, eventually had to get up and when I looked around, everyone else was naked, so no one noticed that I was naked. Had I been dressed, it would have been noticed.
    I noticed!!

We were AN newbies on our trip in Feb to CSS and took the good advice of others and went the first day to try it! That way, if we liked it (which we DID!) we did not miss out on any nekked time!
    For me, It was weirder seeing Other ppl nude than being nude myself, so it did not take long to acclimatize!
    I also wrapped a towel around me to have lunch, more of an "I am a messy eater" issue than anything else, and no one minded.
    So,,, go, get nekked, and have fun!