Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Omg..........wtf?

Once the Moonlight Goes....Where are The Frogs?

he...he....not exactly what you thought is it?

Hey can you only hear the frogs in Negril or can you hear them at CTI and CSS too?
    I have really been wondering that lately!! I would think since its a hotel and not
    different bungo's that you would not be able to hear them!

You can hear them.

You do hear the frogs at CTI
    Dianavr

I've been to Ocho Rios several times...always heard the frogs there. Believe they're all over the island -- not just in Negril.

hahah! i just got back from CSS and YES, you can those frogs there!! It was bit eerie the first night, but afterwhile seemed to just not even realize it.

The frogs were really LOUD at CTI last week. I loved it. I recorded a lot of video at night and you can hear them going nutso!

The first frog 'croak' means it is time to get ready for supper at CSS, and they go all night!

One of our favorite things at CTI was leaving our balcony doors open at night and hearing the waves in concert with the tree frogs.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Ok I am so glad I asked this question cause I really have to have a fan at night in order to sleep.....
    I so need some kind of noise so I guess that would work instead of a fan???? So for any of you people that have to sleep with a fan, does this take care of needing to pack a fan? Ok another question.....doesn't it get hot when you are sleeping with the door open?? I'm guessing you guys aren't using a/c with the door open??

I love the frogs, especially hunting for them. Can't help with the fan, I fall asleep even with my wife talking.

Quote Originally Posted by smroot View Post
    I love the frogs, especially hunting for them. Can't help with the fan, I fall asleep even with my wife talking.
    Ha Ha smroot, so does my finace!!! You kinda got me worried when you say hunting for them??!!!
    haha I can only picture that right now and not even sure what to picture.....I kinda have you pictured in camo!! LOL
    Well hoping someone answers my question about needing a fan cause I planned on packing one!!

I sleep with a humidifier (for sound only) and my ceiling fan every night at home. I don't seem to ever have problems falling asleep without my normal noises at Couples. I have, however, found a sound machine app for my smart phone just in case!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Soonerfans ~ All rooms at Couples have ceiling fans. No need to bring a fan. The room also does not get too hot at night with the doors open and they do request if you leave your door open to turn off your AC.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

\\
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Soonerfans ~ All rooms at Couples have ceiling fans. No need to bring a fan. The room also does not get too hot at night with the doors open and they do request if you leave your door open to turn off your AC.
    Coloradojuli, I appreciate you replying to my message and I always see you on here so kinda feel like I know you!!! Ok so.....I sleep with a ceiling fan and another fan by the bed for the sound so my question now is that does that ceiling fan make enough noise? I shouldnt worry about the noise and I should just get over it....I know!!!! I dont want to be that girl has to have sound to sleep but by golly its awful quiet when there is no sound!! I cant imagine sleeping with A/C but I would hope no one is sleeping with their doors open and the A/C running!! thanks again for you reply and hope all is well with you guys.....yes I have seen most of your messages so really hope that all is well with you guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aurxdoc05 View Post
    I sleep with a humidifier (for sound only) and my ceiling fan every night at home. I don't seem to ever have problems falling asleep without my normal noises at Couples. I have, however, found a sound machine app for my smart phone just in case!
    Ok you have gave me some kind of relief and hoping the tree frogs is enough sound to get me asleep and keep me there! thanks for your helpful info!!

Well old man, If you didn't wind up the sidewalks and go to bed at 9:00 you might just hear them. LOL
    See you and your first mate next month.

I do not suggest leaving the door open cause you might have a few critters and they are quite big!!

Quote Originally Posted by philcath View Post
    I do not suggest leaving the door open cause you might have a few critters and they are quite big!!
    Ewwwwww now you got me a little spooked!!! ha

" those damn crickets are SO loud they kept us up EVERY night all night!" This is a quote I have seen from many of the Trip Advisor complainers, and it always makes me chuckle.
    If anyone knows where to find a tree frog soundtrack, please let me know. The smell of a couples citronella candle and tree frog soundtrack would alsmost take me back.

I'm packing my sound machine. Nothing against tree frogs, but I'm afraid the sound will drive me crazy!

It's not an official soundtrack, but I found this nice long audio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhKxkAeJgME

Skip past the first 5 minutes or so...

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

After 3 trips to Jamaica, we sit at home here in St. Louis wishing we could hear them everynight. That sound helped us sleep there. Can't wait to hear that sound again..... 174 days!

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Can people see in your room/bed? What if you sleep A/N?

OMGOSHHHHHHH aurxdoc05...........they are LOUD!!!!!!!!!! yeah I dont think I'm going to need a fan!! LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast