Default Rls update on Jana! Starting junior year of high school!

Hello MB friends!

I’m not sure why I haven’t updated for soooo long! Life has a way of getting in the way! And, honestly, I haven’t been on the MB for a while…I appreciate my MB friends and could not have made it through what we did 5 years ago without them. We have been blessed with new friends through this MB and we are so grateful.

This past July, we marked 5 years since Jana’s diagnosis. But, that also means that we have celebrated 4 years of remission! And, oh my, how Jana has grown up! She now has her driver’s license and she has started her Junior year of high school. She is beginning to look at colleges and is interested in going into nursing…not oncology, but something that will allow her to work with children.

Although her teenage attitude leaks through occasionally like any 16 year old, Jana is still the positive, gregarious, passionate, and life-loving young woman you became acquainted with during her battle 5 years ago. She returns to the children’s hospital yearly now—only to have blood work…which is an incredible change from a full day of contrast, injections, scans, tests, etc.

Jana continues to have lingering health issues as a result of the months and months of chemo. She is still highly susceptible to illness and her stamina is not up to par. She misses school often and sometimes getting caught up with her school work is a struggle depending on the teacher. (And sometimes the mama bear has to get involved. Lol) Her body also shows signs of weakness from the ravage of the treatment and she has had multiple injuries and 2 knee surgeries since. However, it doesn’t stop Jana! She dances, sings, participates in show choir, and babysits for several families that are fortunate to have her in their lives.

Our oldest daughter Holly is in working on her MBA and our middle daughter Emily is beginning her junior year of college. Russ and I celebrated our 25
    th wedding anniversary in July…

and we are returning to CSS in 2 weeks to celebrate!! Woot woot!

Hugs, Lisa
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    ~Lisa
    Once you choose hope, anything is possible.

Greetings Rls . So pleased to read your post and all your news. Life does indeed happen while we're making plans doesn't it. Have an awesome 25th anniversary @ CSS! xoxoxo Razzl

That is great to hear. Enjoy your trip, I am sure you deserve it. Relish the the time you have her still at home, cause as you well know, she will be off soon as well. From What I have read hear over the last few years about Jana, she will make a great nurse. Continued luck to all.
    Linda

A w e s o m e ! ! !

Lisa, That is fabulous to hear. I can't believe it has been 5 years. Wow how time flies.

Enjoy CSS, it is an incredible resort. Definitely one of our favorites.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

That is all such wonderful news. Wishing you all the best always! Beautiful pictures!

Lisa,
    Thanks so much for the update. I was just thinking of Jana not long ago and was wondering how she and the rest of your family was doing. All of your daughters are beautiful young ladies.
    I hope you and Russ have a fantastic time at CSS. And Happy 25th!

Thanks for the update. She is even more beautiful. I'm so happy for you guys.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear all is well with the family. Enjoy your well deserved time at CSS.

Great the hear from you!

"Iowa_mon"

Life is good

HOLY COW i can not believe it has been 5 years!!! This brought tears to my eyes. I am soooo happy to hear this!!!!
    CN 2005, 2007, 2008
    CSA 2006, 2009, Nov., 2011

Lisa,

So great to hear an update on Jana and your family!!!
    Funny how the world works. I was just telling the story to a co-worker this past week about Jana's and your
    journey. Her close friends husband was in an auto accident and she is having a hard time dealing with everything. So I shared your story. I remembered when we brought back all the Shower gel (that she liked) back from
    our CSA trip and my grandson and I packed it up together
    And reading your posts everyday. And meeting you and Russ in TN at Tommy and Peggy's home.
    The prayers we all sent out to you and your family.
    I just wanted to let her know that just there is HOPE out there and friends to help you get through it.

Glad to be a part of this Couples Family,
    Kim and Kevin

Peggy and I can say we are so blessed in knowing Russ,Lisa,Holly,Emily and of course of Couples girl Jana.
    We have seen the hardship our dear Jana has gone thru..We have seen Jana's beautiful smile even thru she was in pain.We have watched her progress for 5 years and we give thanks to the good LORD.

Thanks Lisa for sharing this update on our Couples girl.

Hugs

I don't get on the MB too often...very happy to hear all the good news happening with your family.
    tami

wow, it has been 5 years? we are so happy that you all are well. thanks for the update and enjoy your trip to Sans Souci. it is a beautiful place.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

Default Blessed!

We are so blessed! We have been incredibly blessed by our Couples friends. My MB postings and your responses were my lifeline and HOPE during some very long bleak heartbreaking days. I am so grateful to the Couples resort for this MB. Family indeed...LUCKY us!

Thank you, my Couples family.

Lisa
    ~Lisa
    Once you choose hope, anything is possible.