Thread: 2012 Getaway

Default 2012 Getaway

We are planning on booking for a week next February. Have been reading all the reviews and Couples Swept Away sounds like the place for us. My biggest concern (albeit perhaps small) are the bugs. I react to bites and am worried that I will spend the week scratching. Can anyone comment? Appreciate your feedback.
    Thanks
    LAS

If you're not cloistered in your room, there will be bugs. There can be mosquitoes, but maintenance does their level best to keep them down. There can be ants, especially in areas along the walkways where folks might tend to spill those delicious, sugary concoctions. Some of them can bite harder than you think! There can be bees; this is the tropics, after all, and all of that gorgeous flora does NOT just happen. Out in the water, there CAN be jellyfish blooms; again, these are more nuisance than danger to most, but for someone who might be sensitive, it can be a big deal.

These issues are not unique to SweptAway, Couples, or indeed Jamaica. You'll just need to take your normal precautions and preventative measures.

Relax and enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. Have gone ahead and booked and am looking forward to it!