Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Early Arrival

Default Early Arrival

Hello,

We will be arriving at 11:00 am, wondering if anyone knows if we can check in that early. If not, what are my
    options? Wait in the lobby until check in (which is 4pm)?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Rick n Jane

First time visit in CTI..

Well you usually dont have to wait but you can always pack a bathing suit in your carry on... go in the bathroom change and have fun and come back later if the room isnt ready!!

Pack your carry on with your bathing suit and sunscreen. Your luggage can stay in the lobby but you don't have to!
    eat, swim, do your thing, make a spa appointment, have fun. The room will be there and its your first day of vacation!

Arriving to airport at 11 or the resort at 11? They are usually good with making sure you are taken care of. If your room is not ready they will hold on to your luggage and you can go change into your bathing suits and head down to pool and get something to eat. We arrived at CN around noonish and our room was not ready, within 30 mins it was ready for us. We had gone down to get lunch and they came and found us to tell us our room was ready.

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

We always pack a swimsuit, flippies and a travel size sunscreen in our carry on just in case we aren't able to get into our room right away. You can change, grab lunch and be on the beach enjoying your vacation, should your room not be ready. I will say this has never happened to us in 3 trips.

I'll never forget that first step off the bus at CTI, once the ocean breeze hits you in the lobby, you'll know you've arrived home! Enjoy your first visit, we'll be there in 62 days!!

Rick & Jane, I have read on here many times that you can just leave your luggage in the lobby and get in your bathing suit and just start enjoying your day by having lunch and whatever else you guys want to do!! Heck your room might be ready at 11am if the hotel is not full! Have a great trip!!

You may not get into your room that early, although you may well be in before 4:00. In the meantime you are free to start enjoying the property - grab a drink, some lunch, head to the beach or pool...
    So I suggest you have your beach stuff handy in your carry on - bathing suit, coverup, shorts, t-shirt... whatever you'll want to wear, beach bag, sandals, sunglasses.... and sunscreen handy at the top of a suitcase (since it can't go carry-on). You can change in the washroom and start enjoying your day.

nah....

there's a possiblity they may just have a room ready and waiting for you regardless of what time you arrive...

if they don't, they will keep your luggage in a secure area and possibly offer you a room to freshen up, change and get beach ready (if one is available to do so), otherwise you can do so in the lobby bathroom to the best of your ability and then off to enjoy the resorts facilities..

they may be able to complete most of the checkin process up front... if they know the room you'll be staying in and give you the room number, you can go to the guest services and make your reservations for dinners/cat cruise and any other special offerings you'd like... doesn't take long but it's something you can take care of while you wait...

then you can visit the restaurants, bars, pool or beach (fresh towels are easy to find so you only need your swim suit and sun lotions/gear )... swim, read a book, join in a volley ball game or other activity that is going on... enjoy some drinks and food and check back when you're ready and i'm sure your room will be too

enjoy!

As soon as you arrive, you are free to use the facilities. Pack a swim suit in your carry-on in case your room isn't ready. You can leave your bags at the front desk and then head off to explore and enjoy the sunshine. Grab a bite to eat and your room just might be ready after that.

Also, are you arriving in Montego Bay at 11am? If so, you won't be at the resort until 1pm at the earliest. Be sure and pack snacks in your carry-on as there isn't anything to eat at the airport.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We are usually at Couples by 11 AM also. You will check in but your room may not be ready. Have a bathingsuit in your carry on to change into. You can use the facilities while waiting for your room. Go have lunch and a cold drink or hit the beach. We have never had to wait more than an hour to get into our room. You will love Couples.

Beach, pool or lunch. We get to CN by 11:00- 11:30. I think once our room was ready. We always have a bathing suit and flip flops in the the carry on bag. I also put the sunscreen on the side of the suitcase to get it out easy. After we register and leave our bags in the front we go straight to the restrooms and put on our bathing suits and head to the beach. We grab lunch and about 4 -5 pm we go back to the lobby to go to our rooms. Have Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_monkie View Post
    Hello,

We will be arriving at 11:00 am, wondering if anyone knows if we can check in that early. If not, what are my
    options? Wait in the lobby until check in (which is 4pm)?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Rick n Jane

First time visit in CTI..
    If you arrive at airport at 11 AM, you still have inmigration, customs, baggage and the Couples lounge to experience as well as about 1-1/2 hour ride to resort. Sometimes your room will be ready. If not, the front desk staff will hold your luggage and invite you to have lunch or go to the bar for drinks. I always keep a bathing suit in my carry-on so I could easily change into it. No problems at Couples!

If rooms are available, they will typically let you check in early...if not, they'll hold your luggage until check-in...we always take a carry on with us with a bathing suit, etc, get a drink & hit the beach...it's all good! 19 days until we are at CSA!!! Can't get here soon enough!
    Enjoy your time at CTI!

You can enjoy all the resort amenities until your room is ready. Go and have some lunch and then relax on the beach. Make sure to have a carry on with swim suits, etc. Have a blast! I'm sure you will.

They will stow your bags until your room is ready. You will be able to enjoy the restaraunts and beach while waiting on your room to be ready. We usually pack a swim suit in our carry on in case our luggage is lost or we arrive early. Enjoy.
    Jack & Donna

Pack your beach gear in your carry-on... go have lunch (you'll be checked in, but you'll probably not have access to your room) and then hit the beach... relax!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

If your arrive before your room is ready you can go enjoy the resort and come back later to be shown to your room. Last year we got to the resort around noon, changed into suits in the bathroom, had lunch, a quick soak in the hot tub before we got to our room.

Your bags should be okay in lobby. We left our bags in the lobby, but kept our carry on with us because it had cash, passports and computer.

They will give you your room if it's ready. But if it's not you can grab something to eat and drink at any of the open restaurants and bars. You can walk around the property and check things out. Or you can grab your suits and enjoy the beach. You'll have plenty to keep you busy. They have plenty of facilities if need be. Have a great trip!

You're definitely not gonna be waiting in the lobby. If your room is ready, they will get you in right away, which happens pretty often. If your room is not ready, they will watch your bags, while you get right into enjoying the resort. Drinks, food, pool, beach, activities, etc. You start the Couples experience immediately upon arrival. And, if it's your plane that arrives at 11a, you won't be checking in until at least 1:30p.

They will hold your luggage for you at the front desk (yes it will be very safe) and you can hang out wherever you want in the resort. Most people want to grab a bite to eat and a cocktail. There are shower and changing facilities in the fitness center at CSA if you need them. I usually bring a carry on bag with swim suit, cover up and flip flops just for that reason. Be prepared for it to take until 4pm or so for your room and if it's ready earlier you won't be disappointed. You are island time once in Jamaica. Relax and enjoy...

Not sure at cti, but when we got to css early they took our bags and watched over them and told us we coupld enjoy everything at the resort. When it was time to check in all we had to do was pick up our room keys and our bags were already in the room. We went and had lunch and drinks.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

Lucky_monkey,
    Pack swimsuit in carry on, at least at css the have a bathroom where you can change into it. you have full use of resort even if your room isn't ready don't just sit in lobby and wait for your room.

Todd & Linda
    CSS
    April 2008, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2010, April 2011, April 2012, April 2013, April 2014

Was this question adequately answered?

Your bags will be watched over in the lobby until your room is ready. The spa has some small lockers and changing rooms, so you can change into your swimsuit or at least out of your travel clothes and begin enjoying the resort. While at the spa, make any spa reservations you may want or just sit on one of the loungers at the Buddha pool and relax.
    Vicky

We got there at 10 and our bags were left out on the steps. We went to the beach and when I came back an hour later I found one of our bags wide open and a strange man was rummaging through it. He said he thought it was his bag and he was looking for something or another of his. No way he thought my bag was his. My bag is pretty distinctive plus the bras should have been a give away. The employees don't remember who belongs to which bag and if there is a shift change there is no way they would know. If your room is not ready make sure to ask that they move your bags into an office or something. My wedding dress was also left on a rack in the driveway in the sun which causes yellowing. I mentioned this and they said they would move it but never did.

Our room wasn't ready until well after 4pm. We knew what our room number was going to be so we kept an eye on it. There wasn't much we could do because we were carrying our laptop and camera bags. I'm a photographer and had a bunch of equipment with me because we did not come right from home. We had a wedding in Las Vegas and then went to CSA from there. They kept saying they would have someone clean our room right away because we were waiting but ours ended up being the last one that was cleaned. We could see the room from where we were sitting. I'm not sure what went wrong but it seems like things usually work out better than that.

The only flights we could get had two layovers and took us all over the place so we left Las Vegas at 4pm Las Vegas time the day before and didn't get into our room until way more than 24 hours later. We were exhausted because we had been awake for 30+ hours. By the time we were showered we were so exhausted that we just went to sleep so the first day was a bit of a waste even though we got there so early. At least we were able to eat lunch while we waited but I just wanted to shower and relax.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast