Default Clothing racks on verandah?

Hello,

In 15 days, my hubby and I depart for our first ever Couples Swept Away vacation! WHOOHOO!

Does Couples provide those racks on the verandah for air drying bathing suits, etc? Sandals had them, and we would always pack clothespins to prevent our bathing suits from flying away!

Thank you!
    Jennifer

There are poles attached discretely on both sides of the outside walls. These are there so that table and chairs are not used, distracting from the outside beauty for the guests.

The Verandah will have a drying bar on the patio to hang your clothes. Here's a pic, but you might have to zoom in. It's to the left of the door.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We are here now and there is a little one on the verandah plus there is a clothesline across the bathtub.

There is a small wooden rack on the Verandah that will hold a few bathing suits and shorts.

There is also a regular clothesline in the shower.

If you bring clothespins, think about leaving them with your Housekeeper as the "good" ones are appreciated there - I don't know one Jamaican who owns a clothes dryer.
    Last edited by WandA; April 4th, 2010 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDiva13 View Post
    Hello,

In 15 days, my hubby and I depart for our first ever Couples Swept Away vacation! WHOOHOO!

Does Couples provide those racks on the verandah for air drying bathing suits, etc? Sandals had them, and we would always pack clothespins to prevent our bathing suits from flying away!

Thank you!
    Jennifer
    Yes, there are small racks on the verandahs for towel/suits.

There is a small towel rack out on the Verandah, but I think you will find that things dry much faster inside your room. The conditioned air is much drier than the air outside.

There are definitely drying racks on the verandahs of all of the verandah suite rooms. It's a nice feature.

No, I don't believe they have the drying racks at any of the resorts; not at Tower Isle or Sans Souci, anyway. This year, there was a clothesline in our bathroom in the shower area to hang our suits, but I'm sure it depends on what room you get. Other years we have just hung our suits on the shower curtain rod and they dried just fine I'm picturing what the resort would look like from a seaside-view with all those suits hanging out on the verandas!! Yikes! Have fun at Couples Swept Away!!

Tracy

Default Clothing racks on verandah?

Hi. Yes they have clothing racks on the verandahs. If you have a corner room and verandah, they are a bit smaller than those who have a straight verandah. But, either way, you do have a clothing rack.

As I recall, the verandah suites have a bar on the patio for you to hang your suits and stuff. All rooms have a clothesline in the bathroom (retractable) and plenty of space to hang stuff inside.

Hello,

Does Couples provide those racks on the veranda for air drying bathing suits, etc? Sandals had them, and we would always pack clothespins to prevent our bathing suits from flying away!

Thank you!
    Jennifer
    ....Ranymon posted a while back, this is unattractive for a "Romantic Resort", and drying clothes on the balconies should not be tolerated.

Hello,

Thank you!
    Jennifer
    .....Below is a thread on this;

http://www.couplesjamaica.biz/mb/sho...drying+clothes

There is a horizontal bar bolted to a part of the outer wall on your porch/verandah. They also have a clothesline in (most of) the bathrooms.

There are a couple of bars (kind of like what you see in a bathroom) out on the verandah. I believe there is a clothes line in the bathroom attached by the tub/shower. Have fun! You are going to love CSA, it ROCKS.

Nope... but its not a bad idea, if you've got room in your luggage, to add a bit of line and some clothespins...

We stay in the Atrium Suites and the hammock doubles as a good place to dry clothes.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Yes, they have sort of a towel rack type thing on the balcony.

They have towel bars outside on the verandah but honestly I would use the clothesline in the tub to dry your suits. We brought several suits between us so one always had a day to air dry and the AC in the room helps. We left towels outside one day or night (can't remember for sure) but they were covered with ants when we went to retrieve them. They seemed to gravitate towards the wetness.

I remember there being a hook out on the balcony, but awhile back there was a post about Couples frowning on clothing being tossed over balconies, etc, because it ruins the overall appearance of the resort.

Are the clothing racks only in certain suites? We have a room in the Great House. Do those have drying racks as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Mzambo View Post
    I remember there being a hook out on the balcony, but awhile back there was a post about Couples frowning on clothing being tossed over balconies, etc, because it ruins the overall appearance of the resort.
    ....Nothing trashier than having towels, swimsuits, etc hanging from the balcony railings.