Default Weather concerns...leaving in 3 days!

I have been watching the weather reports for Ocho Rios (Couples Tower Isle). For the last few weeks, most days say scattered showers, few showers. The same is true for the next 10 days, part of which includes our stay. Is this like Florida, where it only rains about a half hour and is sunny the rest of the day? Or is this really long term rain? Anyone???

I'm sure a rainy day in Jamaica is better than a sunny day at work so I'm not going to let it ruin my fun...just curious.

Can't wait to get there!

We were on the Negril side in October. Before we left, I checked the weather. Everyday said 60% chance of rain. We spent 8 days at CN and had probably 3 hours of rain the whole time. One of those times was Saturday mid morning it poured for about two hours. We spent that time at the swim-up bar in the pool. Even though it was raining, it was still about 80 degrees. The other couple of times it rained, it was quick passing showers in the afternoon. Unless you are made of sugar or dress in tissue paper, there is no possible way the rain will ruin your vacation.