Thread: Rooms at CSS

Default Rooms at CSS

Can someone w/ knowledge tell me about Blocks D-G at Sans Souci? I am booking a trip this week and want to make sure I get exactly what I want. Is block G 1 bdrm ocean suite only? or is each block mixed w/ different room choices? Please someone end my confusion, lol~ I'm booking 7 rooms and want us all to be together...

Yes, those buildings have a mix of room categories. The old website used to tell use which categories were in which rooms, but the new site doesn't. So I can't tell you exactly which categories are in which buildings, but I can absolutely say that there is at least one Deluxe Ocean Verandah Suite in G block, as we stayed in one, up on the top floor. The layout is nothing like the 360 view of that category on the website, so the layouts differ too. We had an enormous verandah with an assortment of furniture, large room (but without a living/seating area inside other than a chair near the bed), and a large bathroom.
    Personally I'd pick the room type you want (i.e Deluxe Verandah if you don't want/care about a separate bedroom, 1 bedroom if you do), and then you just have to see which building they put you in. You can always request a move if you really don't like it. Unless of course you pick a "beachfront" room. Then you know you'll be in A or B block.

You cannot request a certain block. You book a class of room and, when you arrive, you can request a block but it is not guaranteed that it will be available. Hope you enjoy CSS!

Blocks D through G are a mix of one-bedroom ocean and veranda suites (process of elimination since A & B block are the jacuzzi suites, and C block is the only black with deluxe ocean suites). It seems to me that the one-bedroom suites are much more uniform, while the veranda suites are sort of what was leftover after carving out the one-bedroom suites (the buildings were originally built as private residences). Oh, and you've got the penthouse suites at the top level of D and E.

Hello,
    As the other posters have said, you can't request a specific building or room. Couples can make sure that you receive the room class that you've booked--be it one bedroom suite or beachfront suite etc. Please don't get hung up on getting a certain room or building---be open to enjoying the resort and the time you will share with the one you love!

One Love,
    suzyQ

Thanks everyone, makes sense to me now. March can't get here quick enough for me.

I agree with suzyQ not to stress it too much. All rooms have advantages and disadvantages, and it really boils down to personal preference. But even with that said, I don't think there's such a thing as a "bad" room, and if you turn out to be repeaters (as often happens), you'll have ample time later to experience a different "room perspective."

We have a specific personal favorite, but it hasn't been available the past couple of years, and that hasn't stopped us from having a fabulous time. In fact, this year, I didn't even realize that we had booked a totally different category until we got the confirmation that we paid the balance (we put the deposit down about a year ago, and I'm sure I had my reasons for the different category, but I don't remember what it was). Oh well: If our personal favorite is available, we'll "downgrade," but if not, no worries.

Of course if there's something you really don't like about the room to which you've been assigned, or if there's something actually wrong/broken, you can ask to be moved, but I personally wouldn't want to spend much time room-hopping when there's so much to be enjoyed at CSS, and at the end of the day (literally and figuratively), you probably won't spend much time there.

One word of advice: If you think you might be staying in "the cliffs," bring a zippered tote and make a quick list of things you'll want for the day (book/Kindle, lotion, sunglasses, resort map, etc.) so that don't find yourself making the trek up the stairs multiple times a day. It's not nearly as bad a walk as some people make it out to be, but it's not necessarily pleasant when you'd rather be doing something else.