Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

We're from Owasso too! Both grew up in Tulsa. Heading back to CSA in 50 days! Can't wait! Jack & Donna ...totally agree with you re: Mexico vs Jamaica ...we made the mistake last year...Jamaica is the only place we want to be! Seriously considering 2 trips a year...the waits are too long!

WILLS31:

Lucky dog .... we aren't headed back until June. But we are headed to the British Virgin Islands in December/January for 10 days. That will hold us until we can get back home.

I was actually born and raised in Owasso. I only moved away in 2005 when I got married. It really used to be a very small town ;-)

My younger years I grew up in Mustang OK, I moved to Kansas right before JR. High. I now reside is Douglass KS. We are self proclaimed Couples Junkies! Have been to CSS 2009 CSA 2010 CNN 2011. Returning for our 2cnd 2011 trip this Nov. Schedualed for May 2012 and Nov 2012. Hooked we are!

Quote Originally Posted by tkingle66 View Post
    Hello Neighbors! I am from Poteau Oklahoma but live in Douglass Kansas. I guess we are neighbors
    My husband I leave for CSA on December 1st and I can't wait! Hope you have an awesome time during your trip!
    tkingle66 - We are from Douglass too! Wow, what a small world. There are only 1500 people here in this town and you are the first that we have heard of being "Couplesheads" too. The town is small enough that the people at the bank know when we are going to Couples by word of mouth and set up our credit card for travel mode without us even telling them...lol

Quote Originally Posted by angels_allan View Post
    WILLS31:

Lucky dog .... we aren't headed back until June. But we are headed to the British Virgin Islands in December/January for 10 days. That will hold us until we can get back home.

I was actually born and raised in Owasso. I only moved away in 2005 when I got married. It really used to be a very small town ;-)
    OMG angels_allan I dont remember you saying you were going to the BVI in Dec/Jan but WOW!!! ok what island are you staying on??? I have been to the BVI'S!!! Hey have you ever been to Foxy's in Jost Van Dyke?? I think that is the BVI'S?? My chemical company took about 200 of us from St. John to Foxy's and let me tell you we had 4 catamarans full of intoxicated people but LOVED FOXY'S!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Mendy View Post
    My younger years I grew up in Mustang OK, I moved to Kansas right before JR. High. I now reside is Douglass KS. We are self proclaimed Couples Junkies! Have been to CSS 2009 CSA 2010 CNN 2011. Returning for our 2cnd 2011 trip this Nov. Schedualed for May 2012 and Nov 2012. Hooked we are!
    OMG Brian_Mendy......I would say you guys are HOOKED and love it!!!!! I would love to post one of these days that we have 2 trips booked in 1 year to Couples but I dont know if I ever see that happening!! We booked in March 2011 for Dec of 2012 and have booked for 25 nights which is going to take us that long to save up for that many nights plus was one of the lucky ones(haha) who got to buy a new a/c this year due to the 108's....111's temps we had which wasnt expecting that money to be gone so guess we'll see where we stand next year if we can even do the 25 nights!! Congrats on all your vacations and enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfans View Post
    OMG Brian_Mendy......I would say you guys are HOOKED and love it!!!!! I would love to post one of these days that we have 2 trips booked in 1 year to Couples but I dont know if I ever see that happening!! We booked in March 2011 for Dec of 2012 and have booked for 25 nights which is going to take us that long to save up for that many nights plus was one of the lucky ones(haha) who got to buy a new a/c this year due to the 108's....111's temps we had which wasnt expecting that money to be gone so guess we'll see where we stand next year if we can even do the 25 nights!! Congrats on all your vacations and enjoy!!!
    soonerfans - just look at it this way, since we go twice a year, but only for a week at a time, your one 25 night trip takes us almost two years (4 trips) to match! lol We hope to extend our trips to 10 days at a time, but we still have 4 kids to grow up and get out of our house first. One down, four to go

SOONERFANS:

We have to replace our whole A/C and heating system last December .. that's why we had to forego our typical June trip this year. It sucked too :-(

I could so do 25 days at Couples ..... you guys are going to be spoiled rotten !!!
    Allan and Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Mendy View Post
    soonerfans - just look at it this way, since we go twice a year, but only for a week at a time, your one 25 night trip takes us almost two years (4 trips) to match! lol We hope to extend our trips to 10 days at a time, but we still have 4 kids to grow up and get out of our house first. One down, four to go
    Well Brian_Mendy....I do see it your way and I do consider us to be lucky enough to be able to go for 25 nights but we have decided if we are going to pay airfare(which I have know idea what we will be spending) I figure if we're there we might as well do all we can do on that one trip!!! 4 kiddo's left??? oh my...haha
    Well enjoy all of your stays at Couples!!!

SOONERFANS:

We have to replace our whole A/C and heating system last December .. that's why we had to forego our typical June trip this year. It sucked too :-(

I could so do 25 days at Couples ..... you guys are going to be spoiled rotten !!!
    OMG angels_allan so you guys totally understand!!! I have some girlfriends that were like " you cried over your a/c"?? and I said "NO I cried over the money I spent on my a/c"!!!! haha I guess I can laugh now but I was like we had that money saved for something else!!! Well come do 25 nights with us my friend and we can all be spoiled rotten!!!!! Hey great game against Texas!!!!! woohooooooooo BOOMER!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lutely View Post
    Coloradojuli,

I grew up in Bartlesville also and graduated in 1977 from College High. Lived in Minnesota and Texas before coming back to Green Country.

We are Swept Away addicts, partly due to the resort and partly having to do with our driver, Patrick, that is now like family to us. If he sees Oklahoma getting hit by a tornado he is calling to see if we are OK!
    You may have known my brother and some of his friends. He graduated from Sooner 1978. Our last name is Heald. Do you remember us?
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

OMG angels_allan so you guys totally understand!!! I have some girlfriends that were like " you cried over your a/c"?? and I said "NO I cried over the money I spent on my a/c"!!!! haha I guess I can laugh now but I was like we had that money saved for something else!!! Well come do 25 nights with us my friend and we can all be spoiled rotten!!!!! Hey great game against Texas!!!!! woohooooooooo BOOMER!!!!!!!!
    oh yeah ... we understand. As long as we were replacing the system, we decided to bite the bullet and get the high efficiency one. So that made it even more expensive. We had to forego a couple of vacations to get past that expense. Our summer vacation was at home by the pool. It wasn't bad but we sure missed being at CTI with our friends.

And wasn't that OU / TX game the best !!!! HA HA HA ... I loved it !!!! I am still smiling over that one !! But the AP polls are ticking me off. That win should have put us back at the top.
    Allan and Angie

My husband graduated from douglas lol! We r in wichita! How funny

oh yeah ... we understand. As long as we were replacing the system, we decided to bite the bullet and get the high efficiency one. So that made it even more expensive. We had to forego a couple of vacations to get past that expense. Our summer vacation was at home by the pool. It wasn't bad but we sure missed being at CTI with our friends.

And wasn't that OU / TX game the best !!!! HA HA HA ... I loved it !!!! I am still smiling over that one !! But the AP polls are ticking me off. That win should have put us back at the top.
    OMG I think every Sooner fan is still smiling over that win and it was beautiful!! yeah I would have thought that might raise us up in the polls too but we are still #1 in the coaches poll and I keep being told that poll factors in alot but they are showing predictions for the BCS poll and looks like we may still be #3 going into that one dangit!!! Well we did not bite the bullet and go for a high efficiency a/c cause I never wanted to spend that money anyways so I went what's the bottom dollar for a a/c and it was still 4000.00 . Rob said lets just wait it out and I was like Rob it's in the 100's......there is no way we can wait this one out!! LOL Sorry that you had to forego a couple of vacays and hope you get to make it back to CTI soon!!!!! you never told me what island you were staying at in the BVI!! We leave next week for Key West and Key Largo so looking forward to that trip!!! BOOMER SOONER AGAIN MY FRIEND!!!

Coloradojuli,

The name doesn't ring any bells, my last name is Murray. But those were the last years of the rivalryand most of the Sooner people I knew wer from playing sports with or against for years.

We're 27 days out now before we go back home.

Enjoy your next reach (like there's much chance of not enjoying!)
    Jack & Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie&Scott View Post
    My husband graduated from douglas lol! We r in wichita! How funny
    Really??? That's so funny! I (Brian) have lived my entire life in Douglass and also graduated from there. I have been a little league wrestling coach in town for 27 years. Your hubby didn't happen to wrestle, did he?

you never told me what island you were staying at in the BVI!! We leave next week for Key West and Key Largo so looking forward to that trip!!! BOOMER SOONER AGAIN MY FRIEND!!!
    We will be staying on Jost Van Dyke. This is our 3rd trip there. We stay at the Sandcastle Hotel which is part of The Soggy Dollar Bar on White Bay - best place ever!! We will do New Years Eve "Old Years Night" at Foxy's for a second time. Such a great place to relax for a while!! You two have a great time in the Keys!!

OMG I think every Sooner fan is still smiling over that win and it was beautiful!! ........ Well we did not bite the bullet and go for a high efficiency a/c cause I never wanted to spend that money anyways so I went what's the bottom dollar for a a/c and it was still 4000.00 . LOL Sorry that you had to forego a couple of vacays and hope you get to make it back to CTI soon!!!!! you never told me what island you were staying at in the BVI!! We leave next week for Key West and Key Largo so looking forward to that trip!!! BOOMER SOONER AGAIN MY FRIEND!!!

Liz:

Let's hope those guys come to their senses and put OU back up there where they belong ;-)

We'll be back at CTI and CSS in June, 2012 .... not soon enough but at least we'll have the other vacay in December / January to tide us over. We are going to Jost Van Dyke, BVI (do you listen to Kenny Chesney ?) and will be staying at the Sandcastle Hotel on White Bay. It's not got all the amenities of Couples, but is a really nice, quiet and relaxing place.

Key West !?!?! I would love to go back there and take my bride. I was only there briefly when our cruise ship stopped there for a day. I didn't get to explore much but would love to go back. Have fun !!!

BOOMER SOONER BABY !!!
    Allan and Angie

Quote Originally Posted by lutely View Post
    Coloradojuli,

The name doesn't ring any bells, my last name is Murray. But those were the last years of the rivalryand most of the Sooner people I knew wer from playing sports with or against for years.

We're 27 days out now before we go back home.

Enjoy your next reach (like there's much chance of not enjoying!)
    Yep, I graduated in '83 with the first class of Bartlesville Bruins. Can't say I wear the title proudly. I wanted to be a Spartan like my brothers. I was the only one who played sports, both of my brothers were into the music programs.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

SOOOOO, glad to see the OKIE turnout on here. I keep trying to sell this place on my landlocked friends, but some just aren't too willing to bite. ONCE YOU GO....YOU KNOW! However, we may have some" kiddos" from CO coming with us in 2012, and yes SHE is an OKIE, but he's from the Rushmore State.

Quote Originally Posted by Allans_Angel View Post
    We will be staying on Jost Van Dyke. This is our 3rd trip there. We stay at the Sandcastle Hotel which is part of The Soggy Dollar Bar on White Bay - best place ever!! We will do New Years Eve "Old Years Night" at Foxy's for a second time. Such a great place to relax for a while!! You two have a great time in the Keys!!
    OMG you guys are going to Jost Van Dyke!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm jealous!!!! Awwwww Foxy's.....told you I had the time of my life there and I have heard that its a New Years Eve that you just have to experience!!! OMG I'm still jealous!!!! I have the webcam to the Soggy Dollar Bar on my computer set up at work so I get on there often and watch everyone having a relaxing and wonderful time!!!!! I swore I would make it back to St. John and Jost Van Dyke and I have every intention of doing that!!! Awwwww thanks and we are going to have a great time in the Keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We play Texas Tech while we are there so going to try and find a tv with the game on it and keep an eye on the score!!! I love football and LOVE THE SOONERS!!!!!!! Talk to you soon!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by travandamy View Post
    SOOOOO, glad to see the OKIE turnout on here. I keep trying to sell this place on my landlocked friends, but some just aren't too willing to bite. ONCE YOU GO....YOU KNOW! However, we may have some" kiddos" from CO coming with us in 2012, and yes SHE is an OKIE, but he's from the Rushmore State.
    Hi travandamy!!! yeah we are getting married at CSA 12/12/12 and I have some friends that I really want to go and they just keep saying....why Jamaica??? They keep telling me they are not going because we are going to Jamaica and we have never been there so I cant sell them on it but just keep hoping they will change their minds but dont see that happening!!! sniff....sniff I dont know if getting them on this website will help persuade them or not!!

Then you're brothers must have known David Innis who transferred over to Sooner because of the music program and went on to Restless Heart fame?
    Jack & Donna

Liz:

Let's hope those guys come to their senses and put OU back up there where they belong ;-)

We'll be back at CTI and CSS in June, 2012 .... not soon enough but at least we'll have the other vacay in December / January to tide us over. We are going to Jost Van Dyke, BVI (do you listen to Kenny Chesney ?) and will be staying at the Sandcastle Hotel on White Bay. It's not got all the amenities of Couples, but is a really nice, quiet and relaxing place.

Key West !?!?! I would love to go back there and take my bride. I was only there briefly when our cruise ship stopped there for a day. I didn't get to explore much but would love to go back. Have fun !!!

BOOMER SOONER BABY !!!
    Well dont know if they will come to their senses anytime soon(but fingers crossed) but Bama plays LSU Nov. 5th so one of them is gonna get knocked down below us and pray that Bama wins that game!!!! I might have to be a Sooner and a Crimson Tide fan that day!!! Hahahaha Awwwwww YES love Kenny and love his music!! Listened to his CD on the catamaran leaving St. John going to Jost Van Dyke!! I am going to google the hotel you are staying at and I cant tell you how jealous I am!!! you are going to have so much fun and what a great new years eve trip!!! I have never been to the Key's so I am very excited about going and want to see it all and do it all!!! Thanks we are going to have a great time!!!! BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!

Well dont know if they will come to their senses anytime soon(but fingers crossed) but Bama plays LSU Nov. 5th so one of them is gonna get knocked down below us and pray that Bama wins that game!!!! I might have to be a Sooner and a Crimson Tide fan that day!!! Hahahaha Awwwwww YES love Kenny and love his music!! Listened to his CD on the catamaran leaving St. John going to Jost Van Dyke!! I am going to google the hotel you are staying at and I cant tell you how jealous I am!!! you are going to have so much fun and what a great new years eve trip!!! I have never been to the Key's so I am very excited about going and want to see it all and do it all!!! Thanks we are going to have a great time!!!! BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!
    That Kansas game was a nail biter !!! It was a win but it was a sloppy one. Anyone watching the game wouldn't think OU was rated #3.

So you can't talk your friends into going to Jamaica ??? They really need to look at it closely. Jamaica is a great place and Couple is the best !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast