Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 69 of 69
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Too Much Sooner talk. For crying out loud, this is a Jamaican paradise message board. I am glad that we are all Okies trying to catch up on trends and what not. I love my fellow Okies, and yes, it does always seem that the conversation this time year turns to football. We are talking about days or weeks on a paradise island where you are VERY well taken care of and not a care in the world. To those that have not yet been, you will love it. To those that have, you will seek new appreciation. With that said.......GO POKES!!!!!!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Well Trav .... you are right ;-)

    Name:  cti.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  39.6 KB
    Allan and Angie

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angels_allan View Post
    That Kansas game was a nail biter !!! It was a win but it was a sloppy one. Anyone watching the game wouldn't think OU was rated #3.

    So you can't talk your friends into going to Jamaica ??? They really need to look at it closely. Jamaica is a great place and Couple is the best !!!
    Hey there angels_allan......we're back from the Florida Keys!!! Had a great time!! I thought this would be a cheap little get away but thinking it would have just been cheaper to go and stay a week at Couples for our first time! haha No it was a great time but had our walet out every 15 mins either paying for beverages or food and that part sucks!! We made it to Atlanta airport to find out every flight going into Key West was canceled due to weather so we had a 9 hour layover in Atlanta so what do you do for 9 hours? well guess you go bar hoping!! We had spent 250 in Atlanta airport before we ever made it to the Keys!! LOL
    Noooo I dont see many of our friends going to Jamaica and that part I hate cause I know if they would just go they would fall in love with it!! I keep mentioning it to them and they just keep telling me why there? oh well.....I'll keep trying!!!! Good talking to you again!!! Boomer Sooner!!!

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfans View Post
    Hey there angels_allan......we're back from the Florida Keys!!! Boomer Sooner!!!
    Hi Liz !!!

    Glad you guys are back safe and sound. I know what you mean about bar-hopping at the airport. We have that to look forward to in December when we head for Jost Van Dyke. We got notification that they changed our connecting flight and we were going to miss it. So we are leaving a day earlier and will be over-nighting it in Atlanta. So we'll have to make extra bar allowances too ;-)

    You know ... for what you get when going to Couples, you cannot beat the deal they offer. The food, the service, the amenities and the people at absolutely the best !!! Your friends just need to go ... then they'll know.

    We are down to 213 days !!!!
    Allan and Angie

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Well its nice to be back home safe and sound and I googled where you are staying in Jost and its looks to be quite pricey but maybe I am wrong!! Sorry about your flight and YES take extra money for all those bars in the Atlanta airport cuz honey you're gonna need it!!! LOL We were going to fly down and stay a few nights in South Padre Island for New Years Eve just to get away from here but after spending all that money in the Keys, we figure maybe we should just stay home and save our money for Couples!!
    I was out with a friend the other night and we were talking about Jamaica and she kinda rolled her eyes but at the same time she said well if you dont leave the resort and go where all the cruise ships are then you dont have to mess with the people so not sure if she is thinking what the heck...might as well...I dont know, I didnt want to push it so I just let it go! we got plenty of time!! Matter of fact our countdown today is 395 days so we finally made it out of the 400's, 500's and 600's!!! WOOOOHOOOO
    213 sounds much better then 395 for sure!! Always great talking to you!!!

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Yeah ... it's definitely a little more pricey to go to Jost Van Dyke than to Couples. You certainly get more for your money at Couples but there is just a "feeling" you get being in JVD that is different. It is way more laid back and casual than anywhere else we have been. And there is a place there called Abe's By The Sea that has the best lobster ever !!! For a couple, you get 3 huge lobsters .... and I am talking the WHOLE lobster -- not just the tails or claws. It is amazing !!!

    That was a posting somewhere on here I remember that said you should avoid certain places at certain times when the cruise ships come in. But we have been out to places in Ocho Rios that some people would probably avoid just because of the way it looks (run down) and we have never felt threatened or in danger. Just like in Tulsa or Oklahoma City, you just have to be aware of your surroundings.
    Allan and Angie

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angels_allan View Post
    Hi Liz !!!

    Glad you guys are back safe and sound. I know what you mean about bar-hopping at the airport. We have that to look forward to in December when we head for Jost Van Dyke. We got notification that they changed our connecting flight and we were going to miss it. So we are leaving a day earlier and will be over-nighting it in Atlanta. So we'll have to make extra bar allowances too ;-)

    You know ... for what you get when going to Couples, you cannot beat the deal they offer. The food, the service, the amenities and the people at absolutely the best !!! Your friends just need to go ... then they'll know.

    We are down to 213 days !!!!
    So angels_allan, you guys are staying the night in Atlanta huh?? well maybe it will be more exciting just the fact that you know that you are headed on your vacay!! I want to see your pics when you get back from Jost Van Dyke so I will need to give you my email address!!! Nooooo I dont believe you can beat the deal that Couples offers anywhere and that is why it was so easy to make our decision to get married there!! You know, I do want my friends to come and experience everything about Couples but I also need to realize that its about Rob and I so if it is just us then I think that would be a great thing too!! We dont get much time at home to show each other how much we mean to one another.....you know the hustle and bustle of everyday so I keep thinking maybe I shouldnt be trying to get some of our friends to go with us.....lordy we already see them several times a week!!! LOL
    Love your countdown.....today is 390 for us!!!!! woot....woot!!!

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfans View Post
    So angels_allan, you guys are staying the night in Atlanta huh?? well maybe it will be more exciting just the fact that you know that you are headed on your vacay!! I want to see your pics when you get back from Jost Van Dyke so I will need to give you my email address!!! Nooooo I dont believe you can beat the deal that Couples offers anywhere and that is why it was so easy to make our decision to get married there!! You know, I do want my friends to come and experience everything about Couples but I also need to realize that its about Rob and I so if it is just us then I think that would be a great thing too!! We dont get much time at home to show each other how much we mean to one another.....you know the hustle and bustle of everyday so I keep thinking maybe I shouldnt be trying to get some of our friends to go with us.....lordy we already see them several times a week!!! LOL
    Love your countdown.....today is 390 for us!!!!! woot....woot!!!
    Yep ... we are going to be staying the night in Atlanta. We don't want to miss our flight out to St. Thomas and mess up our reservations at the Sandcastle !!! We'll just consider it an adventure

    And you may be on to something there ..... having the alone time is really what Couples is about. Even though there will be lots of other people there, you will still enjoy the time of just being together.


    Our countdowns continue !!!
    Last edited by angels_allan; November 11th, 2011 at 07:41 AM.
    Allan and Angie

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angels_allan View Post
    Yep ... we are going to be staying the night in Atlanta. We don't want to miss our flight out to St. Thomas and mess up our reservations at the Sandcastle !!! We'll just consider it an adventure

    And you may be on to something there ..... having the alone time is really what Couples is about. Even though there will be lots of other people there, you will still enjoy the time of just being together.

    If you go to my profile you will find some information there that you seek. We'll have lots of pictures we'll share with you.

    Our countdowns continue !!!
    Well I dont blame you guys for not wanting to miss your flight and I wouldnt want to either and trust me I will be thinking about you guys NYE when we are sitting in cold Oklahoma! ok I'm going to check out your profile and cant wait to see the pics!!!! Yay for your countdown!!!

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfans View Post
    ok I'm going to check out your profile and cant wait to see the pics!!!!
    Uh ... don't let my email address "scare" you .... that IS my last name ;-)
    Allan and Angie

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angels_allan View Post
    Uh ... don't let my email address "scare" you .... that IS my last name ;-)
    Hmmmmm I have to say..........it didnt scare my but I sure got a good chuckle out of it!!!!! hahahahahaha
    I will have to tell Rob cause I think we both thought the same thing!!! LOL

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    196

    Default

    I am glad to provide a chuckle for you !!! 200 days until CTI !!!!!!!!!
    Allan and Angie

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    196

    Default

    OK Okies ... where did everyone go ? Surely we have a lot more Okies on the MB !!!

    We are down to 199 days until our arrival at CTI and then later on to CSS !!!
    Allan and Angie

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    My husband and I both grew up in California BUT are now OKIES to the BONE!!! We love living out in the country in Beautiful BLANCHARD. 251 days until we're back on the beach at CSA. Yipeeeeee!!!!

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VicHall View Post
    My husband and I both grew up in California BUT are now OKIES to the BONE!!! We love living out in the country in Beautiful BLANCHARD. 251 days until we're back on the beach at CSA. Yipeeeeee!!!!
    I am quite familiar with Blanchard!! It's just right down the road from Dibble. My dad & step-mom lived in Blanchard for many years and then in Dibble for just a little while. Is Baileys Drive-in still open in Blanchard? I used to love, love, love their chocolate shakes. Best on the planet!!
    ~Angie

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allans_Angel View Post
    I am quite familiar with Blanchard!! It's just right down the road from Dibble. My dad & step-mom lived in Blanchard for many years and then in Dibble for just a little while. Is Baileys Drive-in still open in Blanchard? I used to love, love, love their chocolate shakes. Best on the planet!!
    ~Angie
    Angie,

    Baileys Drive-in is no longer there. I've only lived in Blanchard for a little over a year. There really isn't much in the little town. Subway, Sonic, Burrito Grill and a couple others. I still love the place though. I just love country living!!

    Vicki

  17. #67

    Default

    Guess you can tell by my name.... yes I am an OKIE!!! (Go OU) And I guess you could say I am a Couples Fanatic. We started going to Jamaica back in 2001 to celebrate our 25th anniv. I did alot of reseach and out of all the resorts in JA , I wanted to go to CSA. Funds would just not allow so Sadly to say I had to pick another resort. We had a great time. When my first child was getting ready to plan his honeymoon in 2003, his wife had picked CSA. They were only staying 5 nights so I told them since that is where I wanted to go and could not, I would help pay for the trip. They were to check it out for me and give me the details. All of you know that it got great reviews. So we decided to go back to JA in 2006 to celebrate our 30th and I definately chose CSA . "FELL IN LOVE" with CSA!!!! In 2007 we wanted to go back to JA to take our son for a graduation trip so therefore we had to pick another resort. We are returning "Home" this June........Yah!!! can't wait to get there.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Okieislandgirl View Post
    Guess you can tell by my name.... yes I am an OKIE!!! (Go OU) And I guess you could say I am a Couples Fanatic. We started going to Jamaica back in 2001 to celebrate our 25th anniv. I did alot of reseach and out of all the resorts in JA , I wanted to go to CSA. Funds would just not allow so Sadly to say I had to pick another resort. We had a great time. When my first child was getting ready to plan his honeymoon in 2003, his wife had picked CSA. They were only staying 5 nights so I told them since that is where I wanted to go and could not, I would help pay for the trip. They were to check it out for me and give me the details. All of you know that it got great reviews. So we decided to go back to JA in 2006 to celebrate our 30th and I definately chose CSA . "FELL IN LOVE" with CSA!!!! In 2007 we wanted to go back to JA to take our son for a graduation trip so therefore we had to pick another resort. We are returning "Home" this June........Yah!!! can't wait to get there.
    Hi Rene !!!

    BOOMER SOONER !!!

    That's awesome that you were able to help your son discover Couples .... and even better that you have been able to go (and return) yourself !!! My wife and I love CTI and CSS ... but to each their own. You can't help but love whichever Couples resort you visit.

    Glad to see more Okies popping up here !!! Pass the word !!!

    Allan
    Allan and Angie

  19. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allans_Angel View Post
    I am quite familiar with Blanchard!! It's just right down the road from Dibble. My dad & step-mom lived in Blanchard for many years and then in Dibble for just a little while. Is Baileys Drive-in still open in Blanchard? I used to love, love, love their chocolate shakes. Best on the planet!!
    ~Angie
    My Granny and PaPa lived in Blanchard for about 40 yrs. and I have a cousin that lives in Dibble .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •