Thread: rum chata

Default rum chata

Saw this at the liquor store the other day and almost bought a bottle. I was wondering if anyone has tried

Rum Chata before? It is described as Caribbean rum and cream. Just curious how it compares to

Sangster's Rum Cream.

My bride brought some home from the store a few months ago.

My opinion... it tastes like cookie dough, and a hint of cinnamon. Waaaaaayyyyy too sweet! Neither of us like it, and we gave it away.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Horchata is a spanish drink that is essentially a "nut milk", like almond milk, rice milk, etc, which is just ground nuts, water and sugar. It appears that Rum Chata is a horchata with rum and some actual dairy cream added.

Rum cream is a blend of rum, some kind of dairy (cream, milk, etc) sugar, and other flavors, most notably coffee. The Rum Chata is probably a close relative in taste and alcohol content, but without trying, who knows?!

I was hoping it would be like rum cream too. I was very dissapointed. It tastes just like a cinnamon roll that you would have for breakfast. Trying to use it up a little at a time, but would not buy it again.
    Karin

We have a couple choices in our area...Cruzan Rum Cream and Rum Chata. We prefer Cruzan. Cruzan is not as smooth as Sangster's, but, as Chris pointed out, Rum Chata is a little more sweet and cinnamony. However, we didn't think Rum Chata was that bad. We would rather drink Rum Chata than have no rum cream at all! It's definitely worth a try.

Default Tres Leches

By far the closest thing we have found to Sangster Rum Cream is Tres Leches. I've found it in liquor stores in both Massachusetts & New Hampshire. We like it better than the Cruzan Rum Cream. It's much smooooother...
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"