Default Walk from our room to the lobby at CSS

One of my biggest concerns about our first stay at CSS was the many steps one had to climb. We got used to the climb and are probably a bit healthier becaue of it. For those who are planning their first visit to CSS, here is a video John filmed of the climb to the lobby from our room. We were in block A, a beachfront suite.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=286542534693457

All I can say is that is alot of stinkin stairs!!!!!!! LOL Thanks for the video!

Love the video!
    It brought back some great memories of the most beautiful of all the Couples resorts IMO. The stairs are tough but I gained less weight in a week at CSS than I have at CN & CSA on past trips! I think the stairs had something to do with that.
    Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the memories!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks so much for sharing. My wife and I are planning our first trip and we are staying in a beachfront room as well so this video was quite interesting. I can't say we are less concerned about the stairs, lol, but it looks beautiful and we had a laugh watching. Can't wait.

Wow! If I had never been to CSS I would be freaking out right now! Grab a drink from the Beach Bar and take it slow. You're on vacation mon! Thanks for the fantastic memory!

Awesome video!!! Gives a great perspective on what people really mean by all those stairs. Looking forward to getting to CSS in March!

Thanks for sharing!!

If you can't climb the stairs, try the elevator by the spa. If that does not work for you, call the front desk and they will send a van/cart down to pick you up. We have used the driveway as it does not require you to do the steps. The steps ware you out but it is worth it if like me you could lose a couple of pounds or need the exercise.

211 days for our third trip to CSS. Can't wait!

Phinns Up!

You're right, we actually LOST a couple of pounds during our stay because our suite was on the cliffs, D-block. Most of the steps aren't very steep, so it's really enjoyable with all the beautiful scenery along the way. Hope to stay there in March 2012 again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by thurston4sun View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing. My wife and I are planning our first trip and we are staying in a beachfront room as well so this video was quite interesting. I can't say we are less concerned about the stairs, lol, but it looks beautiful and we had a laugh watching. Can't wait.
    You will have a marvelous time in spite of the climb, thurstom4sun. John also took a video of our beachfront suite. I'll post that as well so you can see how lovely the suite is.

How many of you ever wanted to do a CANNONBALL off the lobby terrace into that pool???!!! It was all I could do to keep my husband from doing it!!!

Nice video. Brings back the memories. We did a video tour video of CSA, and we meant to do ones at CTI and CSS but never got around to it.

Yes, you take take the elevator up, but from the beach/Pallazina level you still have to go up to D block, then back down towards the gazebo and past the gym and mineral pool to the spa reception area before you take the elevator up and walk along past G block. Then it's still a few more steps up to the Balloon bar/pool level, then up again to the actual lobby/Cassanova level. No avoiding the stairs! (unless you get a ride)

We were in G block, so we went that way when we just didn't feel like doing the stairs the way in the video... and then we had to go up more stairs to the second level, and up yet more stairs to our room on the 3rd level. Whew... It felt like we climbed to the top of the world! lol

If you don't climb, how will you visit Crackers?

Beautiful video. Thanks for sharing. It surely brought back memories of our trip there. We went after my husband was recovering from a broken foot and I think all those stairs helped him with the heeling process. It was good therapy, difficult when we first got there, but better each time. We were in G block and so we had the most steps to do. Never took the shuttle even though it was always available except one time when I got sick and had to use the nurse. By the way they took very good care of me!!!! I don't think we gained any weight either and ate everything. The food is very good at all Couples resorts. We are going back to CN this Dec.
    Karin and Jim (always Karin)

KrisJamie, the elevator doesn't sound as good if we can't meet Crackers. kathiemjollie, we would love to see the vid of your suite.

We just got back from a fabulous week at CSS! This was our 2nd visit there. Our first time there we stayed in A Block, which was very convenient to the beach & 2 restaurants. But the balconies on the cliffs looked so awesome...

So this time we stayed in E Block and loved the location. We were very close to the Balloon Bar, Spa/Mineral Pool & Lobby and we didn't feel like we were that far from the A/B Blocks or Pallazina. We actually experimented with different "routes" which was kind of fun

We found the easiest way back to E Block after spending the day at SSB was to just walk up the driveway behind A, B & Pallazina. It wasn't bad at all (and we're 57 & 58).
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 13
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

Quote Originally Posted by cubbyblu View Post
    We just got back from a fabulous week at CSS! This was our 2nd visit there. Our first time there we stayed in A Block, which was very convenient to the beach & 2 restaurants. But the balconies on the cliffs looked so awesome...

So this time we stayed in E Block and loved the location. We were very close to the Balloon Bar, Spa/Mineral Pool & Lobby and we didn't feel like we were that far from the A/B Blocks or Pallazina. We actually experimented with different "routes" which was kind of fun

We found the easiest way back to E Block after spending the day at SSB was to just walk up the driveway behind A, B & Pallazina. It wasn't bad at all (and we're 57 & 58).
    My first walk up to the Balloon Bar the evening of our arrival was pure hell for me....I was in 3 inch heals. After that I used the stairs if I had heels on. The climb is not that difficult either way...stairs or drive. It's also good to note the scenery if lovely all the way up.

Sweet, sweet memories. I actually lost weight on my vacation and it wasn't because of the lack of food and/or drinks...awwww more memories :-)

Nice video. Brought back memories of our time at CSS. Although most of our visits to Couples have been CSA
    I still think CSS is the most beautiful . The stairs were no problem and we were in A block but each night treked up to the Balloon Bar. Great way to walk off the days drinks and food.

I had to laugh when I saw this. We were in G block and had a fantastic view. We did come home thinner and in better shape then we arrived, were on a first name basis with Crackers, and learned to stop many times and enjoy all of the hidden jems of CSS. In Feb we are booked into a beach front. I might have to do the stairs just so I can have guilt free desert. We counted them once and if memory serves there are just over 140

We were at CSS about 2 years ago... after seeing your video (excellent work, by the way!) I am reminded that that was the ONLY Couples vacation that I did NOT gain weight on! Must have burned off all that wonderful food climbing all those stairs! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL resort! Thanks for the memories! Heading to CTI in 20 days YEAY!!!