Thread: Booked

Default Booked

My Husband and I are booked for Feburary at CSA!!!!!! We've been to CN 4 times. We did the trading places thing to CSA this past year. We really enjoyed the beach, we liked all the activity. I've read all the negitive things about people reserving the "huts". (CN doesnt have them), all I can say is, if they are that important to you guys, have at it. We usually dont get down to the beach until later in the morning anyway. We usually spend the entire day walking up and down the beach We walked to Margaritaville. That was quite the adventure. Can anyone give us some ideas about where to walk?
    Thanks guys
    Mya
    One Love,
    Mya

Csa roocks!!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Mya -

Why stop at Margueritaville? A major portion of the World Famous Seven-Mile Beach of Negril lies to the southeast of SweptAway. Walk to your heart's content, and enjoy the various character and flavor of the beach as you go. The resorts, bars, restaurants and shops you pass along the way beckon! You'll certainly be accosted by the vendors along the way, but if you're not interested, a firm, friendly and respectful "No, thanks" will go a long way. Better yet, engage the folks you meet along the way.

Of course, you need to be wary of some of the characters you meet. But that's just part of the adventure, as you call it. I'm not suggesting that there is danger; you just need to exercise caution in any transactions you choose to engage in. Enjoy the shopping, be prepared to negotiate, and have fun!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We usually just bar hop and go shopping. What fun! Can't wait to get back. February is great time of year, have an awesome trip!

Walk to the water, turn left, and keep walking!! I'm with softail19 - just do some shopping and stop for a beverage once in a while
    We'll be there in 51 days!

Thanks for all th replys. We will definetly go past Margarittaville. I would love to go to the local bars too. How much money should I bring with me? I dont want to pull out a big wad of cash, but, I want to bring enough for bar hoppin and gifts.
    Thanks guys,
    One Love,
    Mya

Bring enough money to do what you want. Just exercise due caution, as you say, and don' haul it out as a big wad of cash. Travel with hubbie and another couple or two if you plan on doing much stoppin', drinkin' and shoppin', and you'll be fine. There are enough folks on the beach (its very public) and everyone knows everyone (among the vendors), so there should not be a problem. Just don't wander after dark and you'll be fine!

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Myapapya,

You are going to love CSA. I know you didn't ask what not to miss on the resort, but I wanted to tell you to make sure to check out the Martini Bar above the Palms restaurant. You wouldn't have been able to enjoy that during your trading spaces, so I wanted to make sure you knew how cool that bar is. We loved just wandering the beach. It is beautiful and endless. Have a blast. CSA ROCKS!!!!

Beware though. We stopped at a nice looking beach bar but nobody else was drinking there. Now we know why, 2 Red Stripes were over 10 dollars then a tip on top of that. Normally they are around 3 dollars. Watch the signage and have fun!

Thanks for all the advice. Looking forward to wandering the beach. We will look for the martini bar. I saw a picture of a couple who had a chocolate martini in front of them on the table, it looked huge!! I love the lychee martinis at CN, Do they have them at the martini bar at CSA?
    One Love,
    Mya