Default 99 Days to go and change flights again!!

We are finally in the double digits but once again had a flight change that made us cancel and rebook for a third time!! First time American Airlines changed an early arrival to 6pm, second time Jet Blue moved our 4:10pm return flight to 10am which would have meant getting up around 4:30am on our last day of vacation! After all this Im gonna need a vacation!! I still havent been refunded the $974 for the first cancellation and have been told every time I call (all 6 times) it takes up to 3 billing cycles!! Now they owe me another $616 for this latest cancellation. It only took 2.5 minutes for the new charges to be put on my card but it takes 3 months to get a credit? Anyone else have this problem before?? I would really be upset if I carried a balance on my card and had to pay interest on the balance! Good thing Im a laid back kinda person or I would have blown a gasket or something by now! I know it will all be worth it on January 7th!

no worries it will all be worth it when your sitting in PARADISE Soonecome!!!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

In my experience they never like to refund your money quickly, good luck.

Since Couples is one of those trips most of us book far in advance, the likelihood of flight changes and cancelations is much higher. On our last two trips we have endured the long wait and numerous changes to our schedule up till about the last month or so. It seems to be a fact of life in this new world of air travel. Flying used to be an adventure and you could depend on being mostly on time and on schedule. No more. While still an adventure it is because of the great unknown of the whims and ways of the airlines and their hit and miss scheduling policies. A necessary evil at best, in my opinion.

Default Don`t Panic!IT WILL BE WORTH IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Nowa View Post
    We are finally in the double digits but once again had a flight change that made us cancel and rebook for a third time!! First time American Airlines changed an early arrival to 6pm, second time Jet Blue moved our 4:10pm return flight to 10am which would have meant getting up around 4:30am on our last day of vacation! After all this Im gonna need a vacation!! I still havent been refunded the $974 for the first cancellation and have been told every time I call (all 6 times) it takes up to 3 billing cycles!! Now they owe me another $616 for this latest cancellation. It only took 2.5 minutes for the new charges to be put on my card but it takes 3 months to get a credit? Anyone else have this problem before?? I would really be upset if I carried a balance on my card and had to pay interest on the balance! Good thing Im a laid back kinda person or I would have blown a gasket or something by now! I know it will all be worth it on January 7th!
    How true. It only took 2.5 minutes for the new charges to be put on my card but it takes 3 months to get a credit?
    Don`t worry. Things will work out. When you are sittin on the beach that Saturday afternoon you won`t even remember these problems. When you`re sittin on that beach everyting is no problem mon. My wife and I get there on Sunday. I bet by that time all your stress be gone. You and significant other will have big smiles on your faces. Maybe we`ll get together and have a laugh and a few Dirty Bananas(ask bartender to add shot of cream rum). Tropical drinks in tropical paradise. We usually take the Catamaran cruise(lots of fun) ASAP when we get there. Probably Tues. A good place to meet. I usually wear a baseball cap with some type of maple leaf on it(we`re canucks eh). If you see us introduce your selves. Always nice to meet new friends. We`re pretty laid back too.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Hi Nowa,
    I totally feel your pain!!!! Jetblue has changed our departure time twice now from an 8am departure to a 3:30pm departure from Orlando to back to a 7:45am departure! They've also now changed our departure from Montego Bay from around 4pm to 10:15am! I really want my original flight times back!!! I'm looking forward to coming home to CSS early on the first day of our vacation in December, but saddened that I will have to leave paradise earlier than expected!

One Love,
    suzyQ

I checked my Credit card balance online last night and American Airlines had refunded our $974. So we are getting there! I started the refund process august 8th so it took almost 8 weeks. Suzy if your flight is changed to more than 90 minutes you are entitled yo a complete refund. It sounds like you are on the same Jet Blue flight as we were, MBJ to Orlando at 4:10pm originally. Mark we will see you there!

We're flying with AirTran out of Atlanta to Mobay on November 12, 2011 and they have sent me three different changes, but they are only a few minutes different from each other. Wierd......

You are lucky ZandM! I would have been ok with a 30 minute change but mine were an additional 8 hours of travel each way!! 92 more days and "hopefully" no more changes!

Yikes! So much hassle. Does anyone know if they still send you a flight change notification even if I booked all with couples?? I would hate if they moved our flight times and I didn't know!

Nicole,
    I would go online and check the airline website for your flights just in case. With my 3 changes, I only found out because I checked on my own--I never received a notice for the airline!

All the best and happy and safe travels!
    suzyQ

Nicole on your itinerary you should have a confirmation code for which ever airline your flying. Take that and go to your airlines website and see if it's the same. All of mine I was notified by email and I am sure u would be too. Sorry if my post caused you any unnecessary stress!

2 years ago, Delta decided not to fly to Mobay on Tuesdays in November. They changed our flight to Wednesday and did not even contact me. I just happened to check the website to see if there were any time changes and I was surprised.

They did not care that we were paying $350 night for a hotel. I was lucky that they let me cancel and then I was able to get Tuesday morning on USAir for about the same price.

Delta s*&Ks

Less than 2 weeks after we cancelled our return flight from MBJ to Orlando then Orlando to Hartford They have refunded our $616!! Jet Blue was very easy to deal with and They even sent an email this week appologizing for the flight change and that we would be fully refunded within 2 billing cycles. They handled it so professionally that we booked our new return flight on Jet Blue nonstop from MBJ to Boston!!