Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Beta Test for Couples new mobile website

Greetings to all:

I am announcing on the MB only to give you a chance to test our mobile website. Owners of Iphone, Droid, later versions of Blackberry, and Windows should be able to simply go to Couples. com and you we see a mobile version of our website.

Please play around and let us know what you think AND if you run into any issues. If, for example you go to couples.com on you mobile phone and you see the full version of our website, then something is wrong.

If you do encounter issues, please let us know and include your cell phone brand and model #.

Thanks so much

Couples Resorts

Testing it right now!

Randymon! Had a surprise yesterday morning, when I looked @ the MB on my Android phone, and saw the new mobile site. It's pretty cool and seems to function OK, but it kept asking me for login info when I was navigating through pages. If I hit cancel it would go away, but as soon as I moved to a different page, the box would pop up again. I tried putting my MB login info in, but it wouldn't accept it. Other than that, it works great.

Responding from my iPhone 3Gs now. So far so good!
    The site looks great! What a wonderful way to share the love of couples with others!

Called it up on my Optimus I (Android running 2.2), serviced by USCellular, and it looks good! Didn't play around with it, but it appears to be functional.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Test post from iPhone. Likkle trouble logging in but in now

Cool, looks great so far.

I would very much like to test out your new mobile site, but it doesn't come up for me. I have a Blackberry Curve 8530. It's just over a year old. I am able to run other mobile apps on this phone.

Replying from my iPod touch! So far so good. I like it. Simple but good, just like Couples. Back to exploring the site.

Hi Randy ~ You didn't mention iPad, but I tried mine and it looks the same as couples.com on my MacBook.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I have the T-Mobile g2 and it seems to work ok. Just wish I could figure out how to post pics, dang!

Seems to work fine. I am actually posting the reply on my IPhone.

Randymon
    The mobile site is working great with my iPhone 4. I've accessed almost all areas of the site and haven't found anything that didn't work well. The only areas that took a few minutes to locate were the forums other than the main message board.
    Considering that this is a mobile phone website, looks to me like Couples has done another great job.
    Thanks Mike & Monica

I already had a link to Couples.com on my phone and it went straight to the new mobile app. Great! There was only one thing I couldn't find on the MB. Is there an option for new posts like there is on the full site?

Thanks Randymon!
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Blog Entries

Thanks for the praise everyone! A few quick responses:

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    It's pretty cool and seems to function OK, but it kept asking me for login info when I was navigating through pages. If I hit cancel it would go away, but as soon as I moved to a different page, the box would pop up again. I tried putting my MB login info in, but it wouldn't accept it. Other than that, it works great.
    Thanks, I think we have remedied this... It may take a few tries for your phone to recognize, depending on what files were stored on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    I would very much like to test out your new mobile site, but it doesn't come up for me. I have a Blackberry Curve 8530. It's just over a year old. I am able to run other mobile apps on this phone.
    Sorry to hear that, may I ask which operating system you are on? Are you using the default browser, or a third party browser app that was downloaded? We are still working out the kinks in detecting blackberry devices. If your phone does not automatically forward to the mobile site, you can use the address http://couples.com?showmobile=1 , or see the next response as far as hitting the "Go Mobile" link.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    You didn't mention iPad, but I tried mine and it looks the same as couples.com on my MacBook.
    We opted to keep the iPad on the full site, because it does such a good job dealing with regular web pages. If you would like to see the mobile site on any device that does not automatically forward to it, you can click the small blue icon with the phone in it in the bottom right corner of any page, next to the facebook, twitter, and youtube logos. Conversely you can switch to the full site from the mobile site by clicking the Full Site link at the bottom of any page.
    Couples Internet Manager

Love it! Thanks! (Using HTC Inspire, AT&T)

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Works great on the BlackBerry Torch 9800 running OS 6.x

Posting from there now.

Tried on my BB Curve 8330 running OS 4.5x, and it did not automatically go to the mobile site.

Clicking "Go Mobile" at the bottom of the page had the mobile page render well. Not perfect but usable.

Checked on my BB Playbook and as with iPad the standard site renders and works beautifully.

Great job!

Cheers,
    Last edited by Tom & Erin; September 30th, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

Can't get there with my Blackberry Storm 2 9550.I know it is a couple years old. Can get to the mobile site when i type it in using the Blackberry browser ,then it gets clunky. That being said I'll just use my Blackberry Playbook on the regular site as it works quite nicely on it.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

Writing from within app! Very nice. Not sluggish. And now I get to take you everywhere

I just checked again and the pop-up is gone. Looks great!

The mobile site is fully functional on my Droid. Great way to check the MB on the go!

I dig it! Even with my cobbled together, modded ROM; smooth as glass.

Seems to work great on my BlackBerry Bold. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue and Randy View Post
    Can't get there with my Blackberry Storm 2 9550.I know it is a couple years old. Can get to the mobile site when i type it in using the Blackberry browser ,then it gets clunky. That being said I'll just use my Blackberry Playbook on the regular site as it works quite nicely on it.

Randy
    Randy,
    It may be what is stored in your BB 9550 Storm2's cache.
    Try the standard couples.com page then scroll to the bottom. Click on "Go Mobile" and see if the page renders.
    It worked on my old BB Curve 8330 running OS 4.5x. It doesn't get much more archaic than that.

Cheers,
    Tom & Erin 22x CSA Veterans
    The Janadians

Don't worry about a thing, 'cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
    Robert Nesta Marley

One small inconvenience that I found ... I am using Safari ... when you are on the mobile page and you go to FULL SITE and then use the back ( < ) it gives an error.

I know you should actually press the VIEW MOBILE SITE link to get back but some will think the BACK should work too.

BUT ... I love it !!! Good job guys !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast