Default Tenth trip to CN review

Just got back from our tenth trip to CN. Wow! Have things changed in this time. The main reason we keep returning is the same, however. The fabulous staff! There are no friendlier people on this earth! We feel like we are visiting family! It is so nice that Couples promotes within. We have seen our morning coffee servers work up to evening supervisors! I follow this board and Tripadvisor to get my "Couples Fix" between trips and will review and address some questions I see a lot.

The good:
    The staff! Jerado, Kenton, Camicia, Nateshia, Adrian, Leroy to name just a few. The dive stuff are so awesome! They make it so fun. Yes, the diving in Jamaica is not Cozumel. But, the sea is calm and warm and we saw dolphins three times. The reef is very colorful. They are actively trying to kill the lionfish and last time to this we saw far fewer lionfish and the schools of other fish had returned. All the watersport guys are a blast, but Ashrayn took us out the most and he is a BLAST!

The food. The Heliconia has changed it's menu and it is hands down the best now. We really enjoyed eating outside. Oteheite was romantic and very good as well. Didn't care for the buffets so much.

The beach! So beautiful. We love CN because it is in the little bay, not the long crowded seven mile beach. You feel like you are so far away from it all. Love the red flag service! If you want to sit on the beach and not move all day, you can! Service is fast! Some have commented that they wish there was bottled water. Couples tries hard to be eco-friendly. We take insulated cups and do fine. Chairs are never a problem, however, laying in a hammock is impossible as they are "saved" early.

The trip to the hotel. Montego Bay airport and the road to Negril as so much better than before. We were "home" in an hour! Customs and immigration is fast and smooth. The wait in at the Couples lounge is so quick you barely finish your Red Stripe!

The Bad:
    Couples is not just for couples anymore. I know from reading the message board, I am in the minority on this one. There was a big group of young ladies that were celebrating a birthday or bachelorette party when we were there. I miss the intimate, romantic vibe of CN in the past. I know Couples is so awesome everyone should get to go, but they really stuck out.

The rooms. Our A/C leaked bad. It had been leaking for a long time, as the wall was strained. They put a rack right under it that you can't use and you can't put your suitcase on that wall. The room was always clean, but not up to five star like it is listed. Also, our WI-FI was out half the time. You can take your computer to the beach or front desk or use the internet lounge, but it was handier to be able to use it in the room.

Misc stuff:
    Some people have said they don't like that you get a "key" to your room and felt it should be the "card" style. I like the key on the wrist cord. If you are wearing a sundress or swimsuit, you don't have pockets. I also like the "beach sales people" Some are really funny! I like the music. They never get too close and a guard was always right there to keep things safe. I never felt pressured to "tip". We got excellent service always and no one made us feel uncomfortable. I have read this is an issue for some, but we didn't see it.

All in all a wonderful time! We love CN!

Quote Originally Posted by kaityogill View Post
    The Bad:
    Couples is not just for couples anymore. I know from reading the message board, I am in the minority on this one. There was a big group of young ladies that were celebrating a birthday or bachelorette party when we were there. I miss the intimate, romantic vibe of CN in the past. I know Couples is so awesome everyone should get to go, but they really stuck out.
    Kaityogill,
    Thanks for the review and info. We were there the same time and agree with most of your opinions and experienced almost all the same (good and bad).
    There was a group of travel agents - mostly if not all women at CN at least a few days (there was a huge Tourism/Travel Agent conference going on in Jamaica that week). We saw several groups touring around and apparently some stayed on property a few days. Perfectly possible there was a different bachelorette group that we never saw, but we did see the TA's several time and avoided them and agree with your sentiments in either case.

More offensive was the shreiking-at-top-of-her-lungs, completely wasted women in the pool bar one day (Monday??). She was "Jackassery Redux", I declared.

Great review.....Excited to hear the food has only gotten better and you enjoyed your stay as much as you did.I am wondering though what Randy's take on the party of non couples is.Is couples now allowing singles? I have read several times that this has happened but is not sanctioned by couples.Has that changed?One of the things we enjoy most about couples is the Couples only policy.Hopefully that will not change!Anyway,still counting off the days until we on that beautiful beach again.I think the countdown is now at 192 days for us!

Greetings:

This is how bad rumors begin. There was not a bachelorette party going on at any of our resorts. From time to time the Jamaica Tourist Board organizes familiarization trips for travel agents. This time there were over 500 travel agents on island participating in site inspections and stays. All resorts, including Couples Resorts, were asked to host a portion of the agents during their visit to Jamaica.

Nothing more, nothing less. BTW - the Obnoxious Travel Agent was booted from the FAM and asked to leave the island.

Couples Resorts