Thread: Please help us!

Default Please help us!

I thought that we decided on Couples Negril, but now we're having doubts! We're going with another couple or two. Celebrating our 25th. After reading a few reviews, we're not sure if this is the right Couples for us. I'll include what we're looking for, then perhaps you can help us choose a resort:

a) Nice pool a must!
    b) Good/decent food
    c) Us guys enjoy water sports in pool, i.e., volleyball, polo, etc.
    d) We enjoy SOME poolside activities during the day
    e) Some nightlife, doesn't have to be crazy but we like to dance and karaoke
    f) This might help, but we also emjoy cruises
    g) Like to be pampered, but not overly, just good service (no, we're not snobs)

Well, that sums it up, so if you can help us, that would be great! Again, it's for our 25th, I would like it to be just perfect for my wife and my girlfriend jk.

Swept Away has all that you are looking for. Actually all the resorts do. Do the cat cruise, sing along in the piano bar with Ultimate Chocolate, volleyball, bocce ball , pool volleyball and many, many other activities. We like CSA best because you have easy access to seven mile beach. We were married there in 04 and are saving for trip #5 to CSA, 6 to Couples. CSA ROCKS!

CN is the perfect choice!

1) The pool is awesome and the pool bar is the best social scene during the day. A lot of people hang out there and it's always fun.

2) The food is the best we've ever had at an AI in the Caribbean. It's beyond "good/decent". And you have a lot of different choices.

3) Both times we've been there, people play pool volleyball almost every day. There are a ton of different games to play plus all the sea-based water sports that are included.

4) Not sure what you mean by poolside activities, but there is a lot to do there.

5) Nightlife at Couples prettty much winds down by 11:30p or so and you are usually pretty wiped by then anyway. You can get drinks at the bar later than that though, plus you have beer, wine, liquor, and mixers in your room, so you can always party on the beach at night. There is a piano bar at CN that has karaoke, a dance party, piano singalong, etc. every night. There is also a band in the Cassava Terrace almost every night, which people get up and dance to. Also, you have the Thurs night beach party.

6) There is a sunset catamaran cruise 3 or 4 nights a week with rum punch, beer, reggae music, sometimes dancing , and a swim stop at Pirate's Cave. The sunset is awesome from the boat. This is included in your stay.

7) You're not going to have a butler or anything, but the service is great! If you don't feel like getting up from your beach chair, just put up your red flag, and they will bring you drinks on the beach!

CN is my favorite of the four. Although I have not been to the other three, I don't feel the need to. CN is perfect for us. Love the food, the beach, the pool, the service, the everyting-is-irie vibe. If you're looking to be super active you may prefer CSA, but if you want to relax, unwind, and enjoy the abundance of beauty that is Jamaica, you can't go wrong with CN.

Couples Negril definitely!!

CN has all of those. You should stick with that. You are going to have a blast. Don't second guess yourself because it will drive you crazy.

All of the Couples would have what you are looking for, CN and CSA have bigger nicer beaches though, we like CN as it is smaller more intimate to us than CSA, and CNs food this past August was the best ever and it has always been good but the last trip it was definitely pushed up a notch and was outstanding.

From looking at your list, it seems CN is the right choice. Itll be great! No Worries, Mon! When are you going?

Wow guys/gals, thanks for all of the responses!!!

Well, it definately sounds like we made the right choice! You're right about second-guessing, it's driving me nuts cuz I want to make this right!

We'll be there April 21-28, 2012!

Again, I really appreciate all of the comments/suggestions!

If you have any questions about cruises, I've been on about 20, I can answer those, lol!

Looks like CN... especially for all your hoped for pool activities.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Just pick one and try it, you cant go wrong, if beach is what you want nothing tops CN, we are going to CSS for the first time Dec 2 for 3 days then back to CN DEC 5 for our second time, i know CN has everything you listed so go for it

You guys are great, thanks..

Another question: We're only going for 8 days, would it be to much of a pain in the @$$ to stay at 2 resorts?

Klfhngr

Quote Originally Posted by klfhngr View Post

Another question: We're only going for 8 days, would it be to much of a pain in the @$$ to stay at 2 resorts?

Klfhngr
    You will be amazed at how quick the week goes. I suggest staying at the same resort, next time you come you can try out a different resort. If you were staying for 2 weeks then I would suggest a second resort, but not with only 8 nights. We've stayed for 10 night stays at one resort and it didn't get old.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by klfhngr View Post

Klfhngr
    We have been to all 4 resorts and they are all GREAT!!!!!
    In 2007 we did a 7 night split stay at CN/CSA and it was great to see both! I recommend it!

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    You will be amazed at how quick the week goes. I suggest staying at the same resort, next time you come you can try out a different resort. If you were staying for 2 weeks then I would suggest a second resort, but not with only 8 nights. We've stayed for 10 night stays at one resort and it didn't get old.
    I second the comment from Juli. We stayed at CN for 10 nights and it seemed like we just got there and it was time to leave.
    If you did split 8 days, you would also loose the better part of a day packing, traveling to the other resort and then unpacking.
    Another thing to think about, if it's your first visit to a resort, it takes a day or 2 to get acclimated with everything. You would no sooner be familier with where everything is and then you have to start over again at a new place.
    You also picked the best resort to go to with other couples IMO. We've gone with other couples to CSS & CN and had a better time as a small group at CN, especially at the pool which is the largest and most beautiful of all the Couples resorts.

Awesome! Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions!