Default Single digits...and the urge to SHOP!

We are finally down to single digits before our departure to CSA!!!! Now comes the hard part...staying out of stoes! It makes it even more difficult knowing that all of the summer merchandise is on CLEARANCE! I will admit that I bought two new bathing suits yesterday . Does anyone else have the urge to splurge right before a Couples departure?

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Yeah, I do... but its for the travel stuff... you know the drill... travel shaving cream, travel deoderant, travel toothpaste, probiotics for my sometimes-too-sensitive digestive system (LOVE the fruit and dairy drinks), that kind of thing. Just made our Walgreen's run yesterday, in fact!....

Hope to see you in two Saturdays! Too bad we don't have more overlap!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Me too!!! I think I've spent more on the new vacation wardrobe than on the trip itself! Like you, I was seeing all sorts of summer clearance sales. The stores ended those last month... now all I see here in New Jersey is winter boots, sweaters, etc. I also purchased two new swimsuits and a few sun dresses! I think the Fall is the best time to go to Jamaica! Have a great time on your trip! Enjoy your new clothes!!

Yes, I do but then again I love to shop! I have been shopping for my trip to CSA on December 1st all summer! I have 4 swimsuits, several new sun dresses and wishing I would have picked up a new pair of sandals while they were still in season. Oh well, I am sure I may stumble onto a pair prior to our depature!
    Enjoy your vacation!

add me to the worst list too!

i had so many new cute little summer dresses for our last trip that i needed to change 2x an evening to wear them all... nearly the same with bikinis and coverups... yet i was lucky if i changed out of my sleep wear on the days we spent at our house on the island before we headed down.. LOL

YAY! I love going this time of year cause all the summer stuff is on sale. Most of it is gone now but I usually start looking in like August for our October trips. For bathing suits Victoria Secret has great sales at the end of the summer (august/septemeber) on their bathing suits. You can get great suits for like $10-$20 during their yearly clearance sale. Thats the only reason I have as many bathing suits as I do! lol
    There are still a lot of sales out there on sandals, if anyone has a DSW around them they have a great clearance selections with tons of sandals still onthe rack 50%-70% off. 25 days!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Default You r not alone

YES! I like to get new dresses & toiletries well in advance. I just bought a great pair of sandals from DSW online, they have clearance on summer shoes right now. To me that makes going even more exciting.

One Love

I've had to urge (or excuse ) to shop since booking in January. We leave Wednesday (yea!!!!!) and I still found a few last minute deals at Old Navy (shorts, 2 tank tops, hat and a dress for $30!). Now the luggage is packed, and I'm hoping I'm not overweight! I don't know how people can do carry-on only. I tried to cut down but we're there for 11 days, and I am a girl who needs options.

Jut picked up a handful of summer dresses and some tropical themed dress shirts for hubby too. Oh, and the 99 cents flip flops at Old Navy! Still have to make a sunscreen run, and maybe a few pair of dress sandals. This is about the only time I LIKE shopping. Been eyeballing some swimsuits at Newport News too.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

After 5 trips to CN, we have finally figured we might as well add to the vacation budget a few extra dollars because there are always some things that we want to get.

AND we do carry on only....but swimsuits do not take up much space!

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlastname View Post
    I've had to urge (or excuse ) to shop since booking in January. We leave Wednesday (yea!!!!!) and I still found a few last minute deals at Old Navy (shorts, 2 tank tops, hat and a dress for $30!). Now the luggage is packed, and I'm hoping I'm not overweight! I don't know how people can do carry-on only. I tried to cut down but we're there for 11 days, and I am a girl who needs options.
    haha I just did the same thing from Old Navy yesterday (bathing suit bottom for $2! - plus other things ) but I feel like I have less of an excuse because I'm not going to be at CSA for another 10 months and 6 days At the rate at which I'm shopping now I'm going to have be stuffing my carry on as well as my husband's checked bag with my clothes... hehe

Got some great summer dresses on clearance!! Need to buy some accessories, but probably won't get around to it.
    I also need some black wedges, but of course when I'm looking for them they're no where to be found. I've been buying all the travel sized stuff for months. We're not checking bags, carry ons only, so I have got to stop!!! My husband and I leave Oct. 12th for our 1st trip to Couples Negril! Can't wait!

Just when I thought I was done shopping for our trip... We remembered that one of our suitcases has a broken wheel from our last trip to Couples. (we did it running through the airport! Oops!) So.... to make a long story LONGER, I HAD to go out yesterday to buy a new suitcase in purple! With only 4 days to go (yay!!!) I had no choice but to spend ~ somehow spending money on ANYTHING to do with going home to CTI isn't a bad bad AT ALL!

We leave in 17 days. I cannot shop until November 3. I dare not venture to the mall or the bookstore. It's even dangerous going to the grocery store-down the sunscreen aisle is hell. And the little travel bottle section, I can't stand it!