Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Hello TEAM CSA.

On behalf of the children of Jamaica, I would like to thank pcompeo1 and everyone who has donated to the ISSA Foundation so far.

If you are planning on donating go to www.issatrustfoundation.com. When you make your donation please put "On behalf of TEAM CSA 2012" in the comment box. If you forgot or forget to do this it's no big deal as I plan to send Diane Pollard a list of the names of everyone who gave this year. Then e-mail me a copy of the donation. Feel free to black out any info you wish. All I need to see is a name and an amount. We are on our way to setting a new yearly record but we need the donations to continue to come in.

Oh and by the way, the really cool part about donating is that I will make sure that everyone who donates receives a little thank you gift from Dorothy and I. I will either mail it to you or give it to you when we are "home" together.

Thanks again and keep the donations coming in.

Counting the days,

Tom

I will post a updated spreadsheet as soon as this thread turns another page.

Hello TEAM CSA,

As promised, an updated spreadsheet. Yell at me if I Boo Booed.

TEAM CSA 2012

Jerry & LaNae…………….JR& Nasie……..Il…………….3/31 - 4/8……………….1st trip.
    Joel & Laura.....................citizenjoel…….......Mn.. ..............3/31 - 4/7…………...….1st trip.
    Arron & Barb....................beachbums94…….Pa.......... .....3/31 - 4/7………..……….1st trip.
    Brian & Christina……...Brian+Christina……..Pa…………4/1 - 4/8……………………????
    Alan & Lorna……………..colonel k…………..??................4/5 - 4/19…………………..????
    Nick & Penny……….....buckhunterswife…….NY...............4/6 - 4/13………….…...2nd trip.
    RJ & Laureen……………..LAB_NH………..NH………….4/6 - 4/13 6th trip.
    Louie & Susie……….....louieandsusie……..Wi.................4/6 - 4/14………....……..3rd trip.
    Joe & Cindy...............…JSPANN8360……..Ia…………….4/7 - 4/21……………….3rd trip.
    Ron & Tracy………....…..Ron&Tracy………Can.............4/8 - 4/16..................3rd trip to CSA.
    Joe & Sue……………......JoeandSue…...….Mi…….…....4/8 - 4/22…..…….……..5th trip.
    Paul & Chris…….............…..pfb…………......Mi…….…....4/8 - 4/22……...………..7th trip.
    Brian & Leslie…………....Brianleslie……......Md……........4/9 - 4/19………..……...7th trip.
    Bob & Rose……………..….R & B………..…NY………....4/9 - 4/14………..……...1st trip.
    Dave & Karon………..…Karon……….…Canada.............4/9 - 4/19… ……..……..11th trip.
    Scott & Susan……….Greensboro Two……N.C…………4/9 - 4/20…………………3rd trip.
    Larry & Denise………...jakeman2368……...NY………....4/10 - 4/20……...1st trip to CSA.
    Phil & Barb…………………Philman………….De…………4/10 - 4/17……..1st trip to CSA.
    Ron & Nikki………........futuremrsbarnes……Tn............... .4/11 - 4/18……….……..1st time.
    ?????..................................jerseygirl… …..….NJ……...…4/11 - 4/15…….
    Tom & Dorothy…………tomdorothy…………Wi…………4/11 - 4/22……………….8th trip.
    Frank & Pat……………….pcompe01……….Ma………….4/13 - 4/20……………….1st trip.
    Tommy & Patti…………….pcompe01……….Ma………….4/13 - 4/20……………….1st trip.
    Mick & Cherrie………......mick7602….…….…Pa………....4/13 - 4/21…………..…..2nd trip.
    Bill & Jackie…………..….mick7602….……….Pa………....4/13 - 4/21……..…...…...2nd trip.
    Mike & Kelly…………..….mick7602….……....Md………....4/13 - 4/21………….…….5th trip.
    Tim & Donna……….....…mick7602….…..…..Md………....4/13 - 4/21………….……..5th trip.
    Jim & Janine………….…...schdyny………....N.Y................4/13 - 4/21………….….….3rd trip.
    Ricky & Suzi……………..fawnridge…………Fl.……..…..4/13 -4/22……………over 20 trips.
    Kevin & Yve………….....…Dingdong…….…UK………....4/14 - 4/28…………..…..…1st trip.
    Kevin & Kim….……….....Kim and Kevin…....Pa………....4/14 - 4/22…………...…...10th trip.
    Steve & Diane………………………………..Mi……………4/14 - 4/21…………………2nd trip.
    Craig & Michele………….craigkurtz……….NC…………4/14 - 4/21…………………1st trip.
    Randy & Kris……………..goalieman………Wi…………..4/14 - 4/21………………….????
    Mike & Melissa………….mikeandmelissa….NY………....4/15 - 4/25………...……….4th trip.
    Eric & Diane……………Justdiane…………Fl.……………4/15 - 4/20………………….????
    Tom & Erin………………...Tom & Erin…..Canada……....4/16 - 4/26………….……19th trip.
    Kevin & Barb…………with Tom & Erin……Canada……..4/16 - 4/26………………….5th trip.
    Tom & Pam………………TomandPam……..NC…………4/17 - 4/27…………………5th trip.
    Len & Tracy…………..….Readyfornegril……Il..............…4/19 - 4/26……………...…5th trip.
    Carlo & Camille................HolidayGirl…....England…….. ….4/21 - 5/1……………...….1st trip.
    Tim & Kris…………………....Jam24………....Wi……...….4/21 - 4/28………..1st trip to CSA.
    Randy & Sue………….Sue and Randy……….Il…………..4/21 -4/28…………………9th trip.
    Jay & Cynthia……………….jgs8163…………Az.................4/21 - 4/28………………..1st trip.
    Gabe & Mary Elizabeth...MaryElizabethW…..NC…………4/23 - 5/1………………….1st trip.
    Corey & Stephanie……Sunset Steph………..Tx………....4/25 - 5/5…………...……...1st trip.
    David & Connie…………….Iriegal……………Va………….4/26 - 5/1………………….5th trip.
    ???????.............................Smiley854……….? ???............4/28 - 5/8…..………..……2nd trip.
    Matt & Kristin……………..matt.portell……..…..Il............... ..4/28 - 5/5………………….1st trip.

More photos please.

Remember the children

Counting the days

Tom

Tom...

A new yearly record !!!! That would be Fantastic .

Paul

Hey all! Just logged in here for the first time in months and I am so excited to see that I am on the list for TEAM CSA! My husband Todd and I will be at CSA 4/11-4/15. This is our second visit to CSA. Our first was May of 2009. I am so very excited and am in double digit countdown mode Here is a pic of us from our last trip - hope to run into you this time around! Name:  4284_1150340994729_1113725663_30454696_7339957_n.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  23.0 KB

April

Hello TEAM,

Welcome to Todd and April.

Paul, I hope I didn't mislead anyone on the donations. We are a bit ahead of schedule from previous years but we have a long way to go to set a new yearly record.

Remember the children.

Counting the days.

Tom
    tomordorothy@charter.net

Team CSA 40 days until April 1....

54 days until we see our great friends again....

Attachment 15685

Kim and Kevin

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks..........

Attachment 15688

Attachment 15689

Joe and Sue

Paying the only bill I like Thursday, the balance for our trip to CSA!!!

Great Friends

Just 46 Days till CSA !!!

Chris & Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hello Team CSA

Brian and Sandra from Vancouver, BC Canada. We'll be at CSA April 7th to 16th.
    This will be our 4th trip to CSA.

Here's a pic.
    Hope to meet some of you while we're there.

Cheers
    Brian Hirakida and Sandra Lee

Name:  BeachParty3a.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  29.0 KB

Must be getting close now.. Same feeling as Paul.. Paid for CSA on monday and CN today. One of the few bills I like paying

Janine & Jim from NY - April 13 - 21 - See you all at CSA!!
    Name:  Us_adirondacks_small.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  27.8 KB

My husband and I Robert ...and headed to Swept Away for our second time in April 19-27th! This will be our 4th trip. Got married at Couples Ocho Rios in 2003 and went there a 2nd time...3rd time to CSA...and loved it...and can't wait to have a great time again! Feel free to meet up with us...we have met alot of wonderful people along the way! We enjoy all the activities! Can't wait to meet ya!

Hello TEAM CSA and welcome to the new comers to this board.

This thread is now 6 going on 7 pages long so I thought I would re share some of my thoughts by re posting some of the good stuff. I will start with the very first post.

Hello TEAM CSA.

TEAM CSA 2012 will be 7 years old next April. I am guessing that most of you reading this thread have heard of us by now. We are different than any other thread because our purpose is not only to meet new friends and have fun talking here while we wait to "go home" again, we also care and try to make a difference by making donations to the ISSA foundation to help the poor children of Jamaica. We have been donating now for 6 years and our grand total, that I am aware of is, $5,610.00. This is something I am very proud of and again thank all of you for your past support.

When you get done reading this thread, I ask that you do 2 things. First, check out the ISSA Trust Foundation. www.issatrustfoundation.com. See what they do. They are a great charity. Second, go get a jar (hopefully a big one) and start putting some change into it every day. April 2012 is 6 months away now. If you put 1 quarter a day in that jar, you will be able to donate around $45.00 to ISSA on or around April 1, 2012. I don't believe that is too much to ask of anyone. If you have booked your trip or are going to book it, you certainly can afford 25 cents a day.

I ask that when you donate to ISSA that you e-mail me a scan of that donations so I can keep track of the $$$. In years past, Dorothy and I have made shirts and hats and charged for them donating all the money to ISSA. We will again do something special for TEAM CSA 2012 but we do not want you to send us the checks anymore. If you donate directly to ISSA, send us a copy, we will send you a special thank you and you will have a record for your taxes for April 15th. (A great day in my mind because I hope to be with many of you at CSA).

A nice post from Diane:

dbpollard

Dear CSA April group, thank you so much for your passion to help the children! Some day I hope to meet all of you!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0eBW...ature=youtu.be

May peace and joy be yours during this wonderful season and the coming New Year

Peace on Earth and with You Always

Diane Pollard, President & CEO, Issa Trust Foundation

What TEAM CSA is about.

In 2005 Dorothy and I celebrated our 25th anniversary by going to CSA. It was our first time in Jamaica. We, as many couples do, absolutely fell in love with CSA. On the plane home we talked about making it a yearly event. We had a wonderful time but for the most part we stayed by ourselves, which is what we wanted at that time. After we booked our trip for 2006 we decided that it might be fun to meet some couples on the message board before we went down so we started Team CSA. Many couples responded. Then when we arrived at CSA, some of the couples that were responding on the message board met in the sports bar. We met many couples that we responded to the months and weeks previous to the trip.

[/B]Team CSA is about meeting couples and becoming friends. We still have our alone time but when it is time for dinner there was always someone there to sit with and share a meal, someone to talk to while having a drink at the swim up bar, someone to share experiences with, to laugh with. And believe me, we laughed a lot. In no way is Team CSA about being loud, rude, or drunk. [B]

I know I come on strong sometimes about my passion for TEAM CSA and the ISSA Foundation but the main purpose of TEAM CSA is in the above paragraphs. It is about meeting friends, sharing stories and laughs, and most important having alone time with the one you love. I don't want to scare anyone away from posting here or asking questions because of my request for donations.

It will soon be March and our first couples will arrive on 3/31. I would like to thank all who have donated to ISSA so far. You folks are great. If you are thinking of or planning on donating to help the children of Jamaica through the ISSA Foundation, I ask that you do so soon. I like to announce the yearly total before the first couples arrive.

So from now til 3/31, keep posting, asking questions, and posting photos. I will update again soon with the new info.

If you are shy, please do not be afraid to come up and say hi to anyone you recognize in these photos. If you do, you may just make a new life time friend.

Counting the days,

Remember the children

Tom
    tomordorothy@charter.net

At least one evening durying our stay we get a bottle of wine and some cheese and watch this.

Just 41 days till we are back home to CSA !!!

Chris & Paul

Default restaurant temperature

Hi
    I have a couple of questions I've been thinking about as we get closer to leaving for CSA, mainly related to packing.

1.What is the temperature like in the restaurants? Do you need a sweater?
    2.Should we bring mosquito repellant?
    3. If I forget to pack something, is there a small gift shop type place to purchase incidentals like aspirinand bandaids?
    4. Has anyone gone to Dunes Falls from CSA? How long a ride is it and is there a consierge desk that could help us book excursions if we want to go offsite?
    5. What else should I pack that is a must have that we might not consider?

pcompeo1...

Congrats on your first stay at CSA I hope you will enjoy the resort as much as we have over the years. And remember to relax and chill you are on vacation in jamaica.

1. Feathers is the only airconditioned restaurant and the wife gets chilly their sometimes.

2. never had a bite in jamaica by any bug.

3. there are 3 gift shops that carry all that stuff plus much more.

4. can't help with 4.

5. We like to read on the beach so your favorite books.

Just 4 more Sundays till CSA.

Chris & Paul

pcompe01, I will try to help on a couple of these...
    1)Temps in the restaurants are subject to individuality, I always sweat, my wife is always cold, take a long a light wrap if that makes your comfort level rise, always plan on being happy
    2) bring the bug repellant that you have the most confidence in, you will only need it at dusk or later but it is a must
    3) yes there is a gift shop but remember this is an island, everything must be flown in and therefore the prices for things will shock you. Bring twice the amount of sunscreen you think you need, pack a small first aid kit with any and everything you think you could need, prepared is better
    4) never been but I am sure the concierge desk can arrange just about anything you could think of
    5) check out the thread on the main message board "The I wish I would have thought of that" message string, last I looked it was on page 6, lots of great ideas and even some printable check lists

Mick
    45 days 16 hours 24 min 10 secs til home at CSA

Table Tennis anyone, or as some call it, Ping Pong.
    My wife and I will be at CSA April 13th through the 21st and I love the game, I just never get to play except when on vacation. If anyone who will be there at this time that is interested let me know. Loser buys the winner a drink.....................ya Mon

Last time I played was in Playa Mujeres Mexico and I must warn you, I went undefeated for the entire week, winning the resort's in house tournament and getting my wife a certificate to their spa.

Pick a day and time and let's have some fun

Mick

Name:  IMG_3871.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  32.9 KB

It's not too long now, friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by pcompe01 View Post
    Hi
    I have a couple of questions I've been thinking about as we get closer to leaving for CSA, mainly related to packing.

1.What is the temperature like in the restaurants? Do you need a sweater?
    2.Should we bring mosquito repellant?
    3. If I forget to pack something, is there a small gift shop type place to purchase incidentals like aspirinand bandaids?
    4. Has anyone gone to Dunes Falls from CSA? How long a ride is it and is there a consierge desk that could help us book excursions if we want to go offsite?
    5. What else should I pack that is a must have that we might not consider?
    pcompe01 ....
    1. Feathers is the ONLY time I'm chilly at CSA
    2. The mosquito's eat my husband but I'm always left alone. He must be sweeter than me
    3. We do carry on only and the gift shop has everything we need when we get there.
    4. We have done Dunns River Falls when we stayed at CSS on the other side of the island. I wouldn't travel
    that far if you are staying at CSA. We did YS Falls from CSA and it's much closer and we liked it better too!
    You can add on the Appleton Rum tour to it. If we ever go on it again we will definitely be going there. They
    also had Zip Lining there.
    The concierge desk will set it all up. P.S. It is a bumpy ride.
    We did the horse back riding also and loved it. It's like 10 min from CSA.
    5. A must have???? No worries

Kim
    44 days
    6 Fridays

Quote Originally Posted by mick7602 View Post
    My wife and I will be at CSA April 13th through the 21st and I love the game, I just never get to play except when on vacation. If anyone who will be there at this time that is interested let me know. Loser buys the winner a drink.....................ya Mon

Last time I played was in Playa Mujeres Mexico and I must warn you, I went undefeated for the entire week, winning the resort's in house tournament and getting my wife a certificate to their spa.

Mick
    Mick,

We will be there almost the same times as you and My hubby is pretty good at Ping Pong. But he would want
    the drink before,during and after

He and a bunch of other guys are good at pool too.....

Kim and Kevin
    6 Fridays

Quote Originally Posted by mick7602 View Post

Mick

Mick,

We are going to be at CSA the same time as you. And my hubby is pretty good at Ping Pong. But he would
    want the drink before,during, and after

Also he and a bunch of other guys are pretty good at pool too....

Kim and Kevin
    6 Fridays!

Well Kim,
    As a kid I grew up with a pool table in my basement and when I got out of high school and worked night work at UPS I used to come home and play for hours. Then we got the ping pong topper for the table. I have experienced some very serious issues with my left shoulder so I am no where near as proficient at pool as I once was. I cannot extend my left arm straight out while leaning over to view the shot or else my shoulder joint actually falls out of the socket. I am still willing to give it a go and of course the drinks could be had before during and after, we will just take turns "buying" until any wagers could be settled. I remember meeting both you and Kevin last time we were there in April 2010. Can't wait to get back 41 days 19 hours 19 minutes 8 sec

Mick aka Tom

Actually -- at least 2 of the 4 ladies are mine....... or will be!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast