Thread: Wimp!

Default Wimp!

As I am a self-confessed wimp, I wondered if I am likely to find anything crawly/nasty in my room, such as lizards, snakes etc?! I am so looking forward to our first visit to Couples Negril(and first visit to the Caribbean), it looks absolutely fabulous, but the only thing niggling away at the back of my mind is the above!

Also, my husband and I have a bit of an addiction - Sparkling Wine - is this available at the bars please?

With many thanks for any replies.

Yes, sparkling wine is available all over the place.

Yes, you will see little lizards. I'm not much for bugs and such, but the lizards are really cute. You could end up with one in your room if you leave your door open, but we leave ours open all night and have never had one come in.

No, there are no snakes in Jamaica. I can't remember why, but no need to be concerned about that.

Couples is fabulous and you will have a wonderful time, so don't stress about the small stuff.

If you are on the first level keep your patio doors closed and those critters won't bother you.

Actually some of those critters are on vacation to!
    Attachment 147
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; July 11th, 2009 at 09:19 AM.

We've been to Couples 15 times. While we've seen a few small, harmless lizards on occasion, we've never seen one in our room, and we've never seen a snake.

Alipet_ I too am a wimp! One of our neighbors at CN did have a baby lizard get into their suite but the staff removed it. Oh and if you here a little clank or tick tick behind you walking in the dark...Don't freak cuz it's probably just a crab..They don't chase you or bite you. I got really chicken until I took a picture in the middle of the dark and figured out what was making that noise from the pic. Honestly I am a huge baby when it comes to these things...I don't even like lady bugs for heavensake! lol You will be fine, promise!

RDYJMJM,

Your post/pic cracked me up!
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    No, there are no snakes in Jamaica. I can't remember why, but no need to be concerned about that.
    Maybe Saint Patrick stopped by to get some rum and ran them out?[

Jamaica has no significant snake population because back in 1872, 5 Mongooses were brought in to control rats. It didn't work, but the mongoose populatation grew rapidly and eventually all but wiped out all the snakes and iguanas in Jamaica

Rdyjmjm,

Hilarious photo...thanks for sharing!

i have a big fear of spiders, and luckily i usually don't see them around. (we did have a great big one residing in the palm tree off our balcony this year, but he didn't move much) Someone told me there aren't any poisonous ones in Jamaica, so I'm hoping this is true (and please don't correct me if that's wrong! thanks in advance!)
    But, no snakes or anything else. The little lizards I think are cute and you won't notice too many of those either unless you look for them.

Mongeese

I, too, am a big wimp, and trust me if there were a bunch of creepy crawlers all over , I wouldn't go there.

Now that's a Great Pic of a Couple in Love!

Default Thanks!

Thanks to all for the brilliant replies - especially your fantastic photo RDYJMJM! Even I found that cute! Sounds like I don't have much to worry about. Would I perhaps be better in a higher level room than ground floor though?

Can't wait for Jamaica now - we arrive on 6th September for 2 weeks, what is the chance of a hurricane??

Also do we take Jamaican dollars or American (as I've heard somewhere) please?

Thanks again.

Alipet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alipet View Post
    Thanks to all for the brilliant replies - especially your fantastic photo RDYJMJM! Even I found that cute! Sounds like I don't have much to worry about. Would I perhaps be better in a higher level room than ground floor though?

Can't wait for Jamaica now - we arrive on 6th September for 2 weeks, what is the chance of a hurricane??

Also do we take Jamaican dollars or American (as I've heard somewhere) please?

Thanks again.

Alipet.
    I don't think a higher room would make any difference, but if it will put your mind at ease you can request one when you check-in.

The chance of a hurricane is higher in September because that's peak hurricane season. We are in Texas and got hit by Ike in September last year. Buy travel insurance just in case.

Take US dollars. That's what everyone wants and takes.

Have a great trip!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015