Thread: CN Rooms

Default CN Rooms

We have been to CN twice and absolutely love the rooms. After having stayed at everything from flea-bag motels in the Midwest to 5-star hotels in some of the largest cities in the U.S. and Caribbean, we find the rooms to have a simple, comfortable elegance about them. The tile is easy to clean, which is important since the sand is so powdery fine, the balconies are just perfect enough to get a good view while still being private, there is an AI mini-bar (with full size bottles) and a nice flat-screen TV. There has always been hot water, and the beds are super-comfortable. The alarm clocks work well (although the wake-up call is nice for early divers), the ACs work great, and they serve a fresh Caribbean breakfast (with Blue Mountain coffee) in your room every morning, if you please. The worst thing we have experienced is some tiny ants on the counter in the bathroom (only after leaving empty sugary drink cups), which is much more preferable to a load of pesticides, and the blowdryer overheated a couple times. With that said, I'm super-confused about what people actually expect from these rooms. After staying at 3-bedroom ultra-fancy private condos in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and a few other places in the Caribbean, I would take CN a hundred times over, because of the comfort, convenience and "no worries" attitude that you naturally adopt there. When people complain about the rooms, I seriously question what they actually expect. Jamaica has it's own unique culture and vibe, and when people complain about the rooms, I seriously believe they have no idea what this experience is all about. If you spend so much time in your room that you have to come up with a list to complain about, you are not really experiencing this place at all. Couples Negril is a beautiful resort, and the rooms are no different. I would love to hear a genuine challenge to this post, but, honestly, it better be something other than a "leaky AC" or the "cleaning people didn't come at the exact same time everyday", because someone that uptight never actually left home at home and that's a huge problem in and of itself.

With that said... if you don't leave your worries at home, you are seriously missing out! And if you think your room is sub-par, I ask you... "Why are you spending so much time in your room?... You're in Jamaica, man!!!" 42 days to FEELING IRIE! (not "erie", which is a whole other discussion... kinda like "man" vs. "mon"... don't say "mon" to a Jamaican... regardless of what the t-shirts say, it's considered disrespectful, but the people are too nice to tell you that)

Well said! 144 days to go for our first time there.

Well said...and we leave in 50 day's our 3rd trip back..have a good time!

I completely agree with you! We thought our Beachfront Suite was fabulous!!

Finally, someone who agrees with me! I read some of these posts and wonder if I was at the same resort as they were. We did CSS in 2010, CN in 2011 and are going to CTI in Feb 2012. Literally, there was nothing to complain about in any of the rooms, but people do. Relax people, you're Jamaica, it doesn't get any better than that.

Havent been there yet but wanted to tell you nicely said!!

I love the rooms too!! They have that laid back, cool Jamaican feel to them. They are very comfortable and I don't worry that I might break something. They are not elegant and they are not stuffy. To me, the rooms are perfect.

Dank120, I'm with you all the way! We have been twice as well and going for our third trip (37 days now!). When we went the first year, I had "prepared" myself for the room, which gets different reviews all the time. I was more than pleasantly surprised when we opened the door to probably one of the nicest rooms I've ever had. Now we've never travelled outside of the US until we went to Jamaica and don't stay in 5 star here in the states, but we do stay in nice places.

The bed is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. Even in building 8, which many don't like, it is our favorite building. Don't seem to hear the road noise or can tune it out. Don't know which, but it hasn't impacted our vacation at all.

When we first went and saw "you don't spend much time in your room" I thought, we like to go back and play cards, relax etc. In Jamaica we are rarely in the room...to shower and change and maybe read for a little bit after breakfast, before we play tennis. If we want to play cards, we go back, get our cards and cribbage board and go back out and find someplace to sit and play.

People who complain about the rooms obviously don't do any research. They look EXACTLY like what is shown on the website. EXACTLY. If you like that picture, you'll like the room. If you don't like it, book somewhere else because this is what you are going to get.

The vibe is the best. The staff is better. CN ROCKS! Can't wait to get back.

We have had minor problems with our rooms at CN, but we just call the front desk and someone is there to fix it within 15 minutes!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Thank you for posting this informative review. My girlfriend and I are making our first trip to CSS in December and are almost silly excited! I was reading some reviews recently on a different website and came across several negative comments about the rooms at Couples. I'm not that picky but do want a clean room with functional equipment, showers, etc. I was actually starting to worry but after reading your post I'm reminded of the purpose of our vacation...to relax!! and enjoy each others company on a beautiful caribbean island. I'm sure that we're going to have a wonderful time and expect to fall in love with Couples like so many others have. Thanks again!

nice comment you know how to appreciate the finer things, yes the resort is simple but its as close to a natural feel that you can get in jamaica!!! we will be arriving dec. 2, couples san souci and dec 5 couples negril, cant wait to be back!!!

I didn't want to "challenge" anyone. I just wrote my observations, great and not so great, from my most recent trip.

We are making our 4th trip back to CN in February. We have always stayed in Building 6...the room has always met our expectations. I love the "jamacian" vibe. Our first trip to Jamaica we stayed at a large chain resort (only because we had stayed at the same resort in Mexico). If we hadn't left the resort, we would have never known we were in Jamaica....no jamaica vibe there at all. CN has become our destination of choice....I'm happy to go nowhere else.

cleversole--I believed we met you in November last year and played some crib with you. Enjoy your next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by kaityogill View Post
    I didn't want to "challenge" anyone. I just wrote my observations, great and not so great, from my most recent trip.
    Kaityogill - We liked your review. Also not attempting to be "challenging" here, but IMO reviews that hi-light both the good and the not-so-good serve the function of giving Couples feedback on things that can be improved and help temper the expectations of other guests.

We also had a leaky A/C that made the hooks under it unusable. We vote with our $ and constantly return to Couples, so clearly the small things don't stop us from enjoying the larger picture, but it was something that could be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by custer View Post
    We are making our 4th trip back to CN in February. We have always stayed in Building 6...the room has always met our expectations. I love the "jamacian" vibe. Our first trip to Jamaica we stayed at a large chain resort (only because we had stayed at the same resort in Mexico). If we hadn't left the resort, we would have never known we were in Jamaica....no jamaica vibe there at all. CN has become our destination of choice....I'm happy to go nowhere else.

cleversole--I believed we met you in November last year and played some crib with you. Enjoy your next trip.

Custer, you are exactly correct. All this time and I never knew it was you guys. Awesome. Are you going to be there again this year?

We are...we arrive for 10 days on February 7th. We have never been for Valentines Day....I bet CN does a great "heart" day.