Default Xmas Jamaica trip newbie question..

Hey everyone...
    Last year I took my gf to Cancun for Xmas, and we stayed at an adult only-all-inclusive resort, and had an AWESOME time there..!!
    - at first she was a little worried about it being a adult only resort, but turned out to be alot of fun..
    (we are a younger couple (late 20's), love to have fun, drink, dance, socialize, and like the finer things)

So, I figured to keep the tradition going and head to Jamaica this yr for Xmas...
    I've been checking out different websites, reading thru forums..etc..etc to see exactly which hotel to choose...
    CSA, CN are definitely ontop of my list, but also checking out other resorts

My questions refer between CSA & CN..

1.Does one seem to be more of a party resort, then the other, or they are about equal, just depends on the guests.???

2..Does one resort seem to attract younger couples, then the other.?

3..As per dinner, are both resorts pretty strict about reservation & dress code..?

*** sorry for the dumb questions, just trying to make sure I pick the resort that fits our personality :-)
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; October 7th, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

I don't think are any dumb questions, your planning on spend good chuck of change and want to make sure you are going to be happy and in the right place.

First let me say that my husband and I love CSA and as of right now cant see why we would go anywhere else, that may one day change but for right now it is where we long to be so my answers are bias for sure. ( 42 weeks long weeks until we return home)

All of Couples resorts are much smaller compared to S, SWO, CSA is the largest with 312 rooms and the best beach. At any Couples you get to know the staff and they get to know you. Another difference is Couples is for Couples where the other resorts are for adults. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal but it really does change the feel of the resort knowing everyone there is with their love. And if your looking for glitz and glamour marble, brass, four poster bed, huge fountain in a huge lobby, ect. Couples isn't for you. Couples has an elegant caribbean feel to it, you feel like your on an island not at another mega hotel with a huge pool on the beach. People who love Couples don't generally care for the mega resorts; nothing wrong with them just not what we are looking for.

I would say that CSA has a more active night life, with a disco that is open until the last couple leave. But none of the resorts are "party" resorts, rather geared toward romance. Negril has a more active pool and swim up bar then CSA, but this can depend on guests. The nice thing is if your looking to interact with other couples you can or you can enjoy some time just the two of you. Also CN has a nude beach section and CSA does not although you can go topless on the beach at both. At CSA you can walk the beach seeing other resorts, shops, and bars.

The age of guest really doesn't matter, you will see couples just starting their lives together and other celebrating 50 years of marriage, but while we are there we all act like kids.

CSA only has two reservation restaurants for dinner and the dress code for them is enforced, and you don't have to make your reservations for them the morning of, you can make then when you first arrive or when ever during the day. If like ourselves and not your thing ( that whole time thing doesn't work for us on vaca) there are two more places for dinner that are wonderful and you can show up when the tummy says in nice shorts and shirt.

I hope which ever resort you pick you and your GF will love it and your time there as much as we love CSA.
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; October 7th, 2011 at 05:29 PM.

a BIG thanks for all the info...!!!
    looks like CSA it is...!!!!

I agree with everything that redinthehead wrote. It all depends on who's staying there as far as being lively or not. What I like about Couples and CSA in particular is there is alot to do or if you don't feel like participating, don't. Just chill. We love the easy access to seven mile beach for bar hopping and shopping and Swept Aways' beach is spectacular as are the sunsets. You won't see prettier ones on Jamaica.
    We are saving for trip #5 to CSA so there are so many reasons we keep going back. Have a great trip wherever you choose.

I just checked all four of the Couples resorts and find that there are no rooms available during the week between Christmas and New Years Eve 2013. Because of this, I'm anxious to book a trip for the following year and spend New Years Eve 2014 on the beach. So far, I'm unable to make a reservation that far in advance. It's obviously a very popular destination that time of year!

Jan- give them a call it may just show booked because of how far out you want to book....fingers crossed for you.

RomelloSobe- Glad I could help. Your going to love CSA!

Thanks, redinthehead..... The on-line booking window is only open through October 2013 . I'll give them a call

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    I just checked all four of the Couples resorts and find that there are no rooms available during the week between Christmas and New Years Eve 2013. Because of this, I'm anxious to book a trip for the following year and spend New Years Eve 2014 on the beach. So far, I'm unable to make a reservation that far in advance. It's obviously a very popular destination that time of year!
    I agree with Redinthehead - Call the 800# (800-Couples). There might be rooms available for this year and I'm sure there are some available for next year.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

and Christmas at CSA is FABULOUS!! This will be our 3rd time this year and we love it. They have a HUGE party with carolers, food, drinks, etc. TONS of fun. Santa even makes a visit to the beach

Quote Originally Posted by kinzuaboo View Post
    and Christmas at CSA is FABULOUS!! This will be our 3rd time this year and we love it. They have a HUGE party with carolers, food, drinks, etc. TONS of fun. Santa even makes a visit to the beach
    Nice...! looking forward to it...!