Default office of nature-not in lobster season

What goes on at the office of nature when it is not lobster season? Is is closed, or is there other things to eat? We will be there in may, which is when you can't get lobster, if I am not mistaken. Fine by us, we aren't fans of it. Sounds like a cool place to visit...anyone know if something replaces lobster during that time?

They also serve fresh, grilled fish.

well...I guess I should've finished reading all of the threads before I started a new thread about this myself...I too will be there in May and was hoping to get more information on this place...maybe I'll see you there!

Where is the Office? North or south from CSA. I don't think one night of lobster at CSA will be enough for us - and would enjoy the off-resort experience, especially if it's just a walk up (or down) the beach. Thanks for your help!

Office of Nature is located on Bloody Bay, easy to walk to from CN.

@ jbrooks2010...what dates will you be there? i have a thread started in the "meetup" board, but no responses, yet....so sad

we will be there from the 4th to the 11th...it's getting very hard to wait!!

hope to see you there!

Both Office of Natures are north of CN. The first one has a nice yellow sign and that is not the original. The original is up the beach with a blue tarps for a roof and a wooden bar that has Office of Nature painted on it. Here is a post from a prior thread:

You MUST go to the Office of Nature. When you're heading north up the beach from CN, it's not the first one with the fancy sign, but the 2nd one with blue tarps for a roof. It seems sketchy at first, but it's definitely not. Just walk up to the bar, tell em what you want, $15, $20, or $25 lobster, grab a beer and wait for your food. Last time, in Nov 2010, we asked for the $20 lobster, but I can't imagine it's much bigger than the $15 ones, I just didn't want to hassle with making change. They chop it in half, slather it with seasoned butter and grill to perfection. we hung out at the bar with Johnny B Goode, but all of the guys are really cool. They keep the lobsters alive in the sea and they feed them coconut and orange peels so the meat is even sweeter than usual. A very prissy early-30-something walked by and said "Do you really think that's safe?" and we just laughed at her. There is nothing safer than live lobster fresh out of the sea!

The offiice of nature is cool. There is usually a few rasta guys cooking fish, chicken and lobster. Also, a bar there to sit, chill, drink and people watch.

There are two places that call themselves the Office of Nature. The original stood a bit north of CN. A foxy developer purchased the land on which it stood, and build a bar/restaurant there, which he promptly named "The Office of Nature".

Meanwhile, the original group of entrepreneurs that constituted the Office wandered a bit up and down the beach until they found a spot which I believe to be to the south of Rutland Point or on it... nearby to the watersports vendor in that area... someone would need to confirm that. It would be a tough but doable walk from SweptAway.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

It is in Bloody Bay so you could walk from CN but not CSA

Thanks to Dank for setting me straight!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Hmmm. We went to the first Office of Nature. I guess, since it was the one with the sign. They had a big round wooden bar. Is that the first one? Is there really that much difference in the food from the 1st one and 2nd one?

Other than fish, anything on the menu? Do these guys starve in the off-lobster season?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrie20 View Post
    Hmmm. We went to the first Office of Nature. I guess, since it was the one with the sign. They had a big round wooden bar. Is that the first one? Is there really that much difference in the food from the 1st one and 2nd one?
    The one with the sign is the same site that the original was on, but someone bought that property, kicked out the original owners, and started their own OON. The orignial guys moved north up the beach. So, when people refer to the original OON, they are referring to the original guys at their newer location. The one with the sign appears to be a little more formal with the nicer bar and sign, but the original guys have a more rustic operation. We have only been to the original, so I can't provide a comparison of the food. I did ask several questions about why their lobster had so much more flavor than the very awesome lobster at the resort, and the secret is in the coconut and orange peels. They put it in both the traps and the holding cage. So good... CAN'T WAIT!

@meggy43...we'll be there from the 16th-20th...then heading to Montego Bay from the 20th-23rd to attend a wedding. So, we'll just be missing you...maybe we'll meet up on of our future visits to Couples...cause I'm sure will both have more! Enjoy your stay!!