Hybrid View

Default Transfers from Sangster

I understand that once you claim your bags, you make your way to the Couples lounge where they arrange your transportation from the airport to the resort (we're staying at CSS). Do they wait until they have a minimum number of passengers before they shuttle you out? I'm concerned that they may require 8-10 passengers and we'd be at the airport for hours (we arrive midweek, in mid-January). Will they take passengers for both CSS and CTI in the same shuttle? I'd like to know if I should be making alternative travel arrangements.

Thanks all!

You won't have to wait long. If within 15 or so minutes you are the only couple they will put you on a van and off you go. I have never heard of anyone having to wait more than 20 or 25 minutes tops. That is a busy time of year anyhow.

I can only advise on going to Negril in that we were shuttled out within minutes of "checking in" at the lounge with two other couples who had arrived on the same plane. so there were six of us. It was 5.30 pm. The bus was not full. The minibusses take around 12-16 passengers? It is always full to return to sangster but not necessarily on the way. And as for stopping at the other resort, I expect so but again we were all going to CN so I dont know if they would have taken others to CSA , as I say i expect so, I am sure you will have no longer than 1/2 hour wait. They want to get you to the resort so that you can enjoy yourself.

Hope this helps

we just sent them a email with our flight number & time of arrival.
    I am sure they will need to know when you arrive so they can be ready for you.
    Last time we went to CSS there was guests of CTI in the bus also.
    I guess it depends on how many are arriving on your flight.
    I would just let them know when you expect to arrive.

The hotel policy is that you will not need to wait more than about 20 minutes for your shuttle. They don't wait for a certain amout of passengers.

Our experience has been that they may wait a short while, but if nobody else comes they send you an your own. We were driven to CTI in a car in Sept. as there was nobody else headed to either CTI or CSS.

I dont think they have a minimum number, one trip we had a full bus, next just three couples. Only had to wait a few minutes both times. I won't worry about make alternative travel arrangements Couples does a great job.

Thank you all so much for the feedback.

BTW... Jamaican Customs authorities stand between you, your luggage and the Couples Lounge.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

This is truly part of your vacation where the term "no worries mon" applies. They know you're coming and they're ready for you! Enjoy

They do pair CN, CSA and CTi and CSS together. Cn and CSS get off the bus first. We have only waited about 15-20 minutes tops no matter what time of year we travel!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Have gone to both CSA and CSS and never more than 15-20 min wait and that is tops. Most times hardly enough for a Red Stripe and no matter whether van full or just 2-3 couples. No worries.

CSS and CTI guests will be on the same shuttle with CSS the first stop. We have never waited more than 20 minutes. On our trips, including the last one, we barely had to time to grab a red stripe and pepsi and use the restroom and we were ushered out the door. One time we didn't even have time for that!
    Vicky

We've been 5 times and only once had a wait of about 5 minutes. All the other times as soon as we checked-in, they were taking our bags to the van.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

i had enough time to hit the head, grab a beer, sip it, enjoy the lounge and then we were off with 2 other couples.

Your transfer is not arranged when you get to the Couples Lounge at the airport. It has already been arranged by the time you get there. That is why it's important to make sure Couples knows what flight and time you're arriving. Even if you arrive at 3 AM, they will have a van waiting just for you!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Your transfer is not arranged when you get to the Couples Lounge at the airport. It has already been arranged by the time you get there. That is why it's important to make sure Couples knows what flight and time you're arriving. Even if you arrive at 3 AM, they will have a van waiting just for you!
    I don't recall in any of our 10 previous trips home, spending anymore than 20 minutes in the Couples Lounge. And the example at arriving at 3AM is absolutely accurate. Our last trip the flight was delayed 17 hours, and we wound up arriving at 2 am, we didn't wait more than 15 minutes on that trip in the lounge.

We are arriving at MBJ the day before our departure to Couples CSS, spending the first night in Montego Bay. We would like to arrive back to the Couples lounge early the following the morning. What time do the staff usually suggest to be there for those who have done this in the past?