Default How necessary are water shoes at CSA?

Hi folks!

Almost down to the THIRTY DAY countdown on our trip to CSA and are BEYOND excited!

We're in the packing stage and are wondering, how necessary are water shoes at CSA? We do plan to spend a little time in the ocean.

Thanks in advance!

Beth & Marc
    CSA 11/7/11

Unless you are planning on going to the falls they are NOT needed at all. Sand is soft, not to hot and no rock to speak of. And lets not for get that they rake the beach every morning. 42 weeks and counting.

No need for water shoes in the ocean. It's very sandy and the best beach on Jamaica IMO

The beach and the swimming area at SweptAway are soft white sand. WaterSports spends their first two hours every morning raking and cleaning the beach. Swim area is smooth and generally clean. Bottom line... water shoes aren't necessary here. You might want them if you plan on doing an excursion to, for example, Mayfield Falls.

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Hello B-Mon! You are going to LOVE the beach and ocean at CSA! Water shoes are completely unnecessary, unless you plan to leave the resort to visit other areas, such as Mayfield or YS Falls. Enjoy!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

No need whatsoever for water shoes for the beach at CSA...there are no rocks either on the beach or in the water.

Default hi all!

hi all! my nick Muputictsit

Not necessary at all..... can't wait to feel that awesome white sand under my feet. We'll be there in 42 days!

YAY! Thanks so much for all the replies! We are not heading off the resort this time around, so I guess you guys just saved me some $ on water shoes! If I see you at CSA in 3 weeks, I'll buy ya a drink. *winks*

Not needed at all. Just remember to do the "shuffle" or you might step on a stingray like my buddy did -
    OUCH!

Ouch! Note taken on the shuffling! Thanks!