Default My apologies .......

My apologies ....... to those posters that have had their threads closed or deleted after I have commented ....

Seems to happen on a fairly regular basis. Most recently in the "Sensitive Subjects" thread. The thread was closed right after my comment and then Randymon mentioned another posting by me in his closing remarks. These remarks were in regard to a picture I tried to post from our latest trip to CSA. The pic was of towel art we found on our bed when we returned to our room one evening. Randymon said it had no place on the board and that's his decision. My only reason for attempting to post it was because it really made our evening and wanted to share. It was our last night before flying home and we were in really bad moods knowing that we would be leaving in a few hours. But once we walked in and saw it, we really got a kick out of it and cheered up. I really made our day. There was no intent to be inappropriate and I still don't think it was .....

My main concern is that I hope there was no retaliation or punishment for our housekeeper. If so, then she has my deepest apologies. If I had known it was a big deal I wouldn't have posted it.

Don't know if this will be posted or not since my name is probably in a filter for review, but at least Randymon will see it ....
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

We are all adults on here and I would have thought it was hilarious if we found that when we came back to our room. People are way too sensitive.

Default Too Bad

Quote Originally Posted by tmulligan12 View Post
    We are all adults on here and I would have thought it was hilarious if we found that when we came back to our room. People are way too sensitive.
    From what I've read it seems a lot of posts get deleted. Personally, I think when I'm researching a resort, I want to hear the good AND the bad. I understand COUPLES doesn't want to see bad things written about them, but constructive criticism is good. I've yet to see anything on here that was offensive. I say let some of these posts be. If someone is offended, they can leave the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tmulligan12 View Post
    I agree with tmulligan! And I also hope no one was punished for trying to bring a smile to some guests' faces.

Sometimes what appears to one appears different to someone else, we had that in happen in Mexico, we thought the towel erected by our maid was one thing when in reality it turned out to be an elephant LOL!!!! As they say its in the eye of the beholder.

I've been posting on this board since 2005. With respect Westonsmom, I have seen plenty of negative comments about the resorts posted on here during that time. However, they are usually in the form of constructive criticism, and not just flaming tirades like you might see on TripAdvisor. For example, they have consistently let me post my experience checking into CSA earlier this year, which was not entirely pleasant (our reserved room category was overbooked and not available for our first night). I should add, though, that this experience was highly unusual, as we have never had a problem during the other five times we have checked into CSA/CSS.

Just my two cents here, but the word "discretion" comes to mind. While the towel art was amusing to you, you have to see it from Couple's Management perspective:

Put yourself in Randymon's place for a minute:

You're trying to attract a broad spectrum of people. Not everyone would find penis-shaped towel art amusing, and might in fact turn away potential guests, therefore as Couples management, your decision would be to censor something like that.

Same goes for those people who felt it necessary to brag of their exploits in the Buddha pool. A little discretion goes a long way. Rules were changed because of someone unable to keep from bragging about things that really don't need bragging about, and cast a bad light on the resort.

Since Couples is in the business of attracting new visitors as well as repeaters, and this is their message board, we play by their rules. And as far as I can tell, all they are asking for is respect, and to keep their message board a place that will not turn away potential clients.