Default Bottled Water At CSA

I apologize if this has already been answered. I have seen the conversations in regards to the water bottles but I could not find anything about water bottles at CSA. I know one or two of the other resorts does not have them anymore, but is this how it is now at all of the resorts?. We were at CSA last October and they had small water bottles available which was nice. We will be there in 3 weeks and I just want t make sure I bring a couple refillable water bottles if I need to cause I did not see water on the menu for the mini bar. Thanks for the help.

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

There has been some talk about this in recent weeks, and I do hope that eventually Couples introduces the refillables at all their resorts. The small bottles of water are readily available at SweptAway's beach bars, as far as we know. We'll find out for sure in just one week... we leave on Saturday!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Just got home from CSA last night ( ) and the small bottles of water are still there in the mini-bars and at the beach bars. I was not a fan of it, though, and much more preferred the tap water. The bottled water had a taste that I couldn't put my finger on!

Bottled water is here at swept away, 11ozs

I copied this link from Trip Advisor about water bottles, and recycling in general in Jamaica ( Jamaica does not recycle the plastic from water bottles:
    "COUPLES Tower Isle, re-opened after extensive refurbishment some 2 years ago. CULLIGAN a water purification company installed a number of water purification taps around the resort. Each guest is given a logo COUPLES bottle for their use.

The cost of implementing this system is actually higher operationally that allowing guests to use an unlimited number of plastic bottles. We are increasing our cost in this area because we feel that until Jamaica is able to dispose of plastic bottles in an environmentally acceptable way we will continue to reduce the use of plastic with in our company.

COUPLES Negril, has started using water fountains also and will soon start using Logo water bottles.

COUPLES Sans Souci and COUPLES Sweptaway will follow our new policy also.

Our resorts in Jamaica are blessed to be fed water from fresh water springs at source. Jamaica's water is very safe to drink.

We use Carib Beer In our Mini bars as they are made of aluminum and can be disposed of easily. We did ask Red Stripe to supply us cans but they are unable to do so. Carib Beer is the beer of choice in the Eastern Caribbean. We use Red Stripe Beer in our bars as they are dispensed from kegs again an environmental consideration.

I am

Gary Stephens

Vice President of Operations.

COUPLES Resorts"

Good, we actually like the bottles. I know they will probably eventually go away but just wanted to be prepared. I'm not a fan of tap water, just a personal preference. We will deal with whatever they have though, no big deal. But when you guys say "refillables" at the resorts what exactly is that? I guess I'm not understanding how this is working.. do they just have large water stations and we bring our own refillable water bottles, or is that someting that you get upon arrival?

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Thanks schwieso... It all makes sense to me now!

Quote Originally Posted by yookster View Post
    Good, we actually like the bottles. I know they will probably eventually go away but just wanted to be prepared. I'm not a fan of tap water, just a personal preference. We will deal with whatever they have though, no big deal. But when you guys say "refillables" at the resorts what exactly is that? I guess I'm not understanding how this is working.. do they just have large water stations and we bring our own refillable water bottles, or is that someting that you get upon arrival?
    I think it's worth mentioning, also, that all the soda fountains have big stacks of cups next to them that you can fill, and there is a water tap (usually with the lemonade dispenser) you can use to fill up water for yourself. Plus, bartenders have a water button on their dispenser, and can probably fill water glasses at bars. I agree the self-filling stations with logo-d bottles would be best, but no one will go thirsty without the likkle wata bottles.

We also want to applaud Couples for taking this step to get rid of unnecessary water bottle refuse. Thanks!