Default Funny how Couples does this to you.....

The wife and I were on a walk the other day and we were discussing financial situation,kids, events, etc., and so on.....I told her that it may be a good idea ( even though it made me sick to my stomach to say) that we cancel our plans to go to CN next summer. I was told in no such manner that canceling the CN trip was not, no way, going to happen....GOD I love her!!!!!See you summer 2012!

Your wife is an incredibly wise woman who has her priorities straight. My husband and I have had the same discussion. And it ends the same way. We will forgo Christmas and birthday presents, dinners out and I am willing to cut up my credit card, but there is no way we will cancel a trip to Couples.
    It is the best gift to each other and the best way to spend your money.

CSA in 82 days!

Sounds like you got'cha a great wife there and congrats on your upcoming trip in 2012!!!

We know what you mean. We honeymooned last year at CSS and were talking about how much we loved it, but that we probably wouldnt be able to afford to go again for a few years because of kids...jobs...yada yada. The rest is history...we loved it...and found a way to go for 10 days this oct...and already put down our deposit for 2012.

We think of it this way--it's cheaper than couples therapy! It's also a more fun way to reconnect.

ita!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Oh, my husband and I have this conversation often. "Maybe we shouldn't go next year." But honestly, if you save up and you can afford it, it is the best thing for you, your marriage, the kids, your job,(you are a better worker when you return)

I love this! We waited until we could absolutely wait no more to book our flights for our October trip. We had to make the choice of either paying an astronomical (compared to past trips) amount to fly or cancel our plans (the planes flying on our dates were almost completely booked). We knew in our hearts that cancelling was NOT an option...so our check book took a hit. Sorry Dave Ramsey, the debt snowball stands no chance against Couples.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Now... that's a GREAT WIFE! My DH and I were in a similar situation and going INSANE because of it. We both agreed that we NEED this trip more than ever. We will be at CTI in 38 days! You live once... and you never know what tomorrow brings! Live now! Have an AWESOME time at CN!

We are glad that we are not the only ones that think this way. Its "funny how Couples does this to you." We met so many great people and hopefully lifelong friends. This was absolutely the best thing we have ever done as an "old married couple". Times are tough, but even tougher without the serenity of Couples. We are just hoping that the fantastic pair from PA can meet us there in 2012. Until then, I will continue making umbrella drinks, dreaming of good food, fantastic white sand beaches, grateful hosts, comfortable rooms, swim up bars, unlimited good times, clear waters, folks doing the same thing we are doing, good hearted Jamaican folks, and airplane rides.....

We are pretty much in the same boat. We bought a new house and now are wondering if we can afford a trip to Jamaica this winter. For now, itís off. Maybe things will change.

You have a wonderful wife. Taking time out for your marriage is the most important thing when rasing a family.

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    Oh, my husband and I have this conversation often. "Maybe we shouldn't go next year." But honestly, if you save up and you can afford it, it is the best thing for you, your marriage, the kids, your job,(you are a better worker when you return)
    We've been hit w/ some massive debt this month alone. Hubby's bonus will take care of much of it, but as I've told my sil that I think hubby will want to bow next year for our 18th.
    She said, well if he won't go, we will! lol.....she's sure he won't turn me down...here's hoping!

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Well we got home from our week at CN this spring from and had two weeks booked for next spring by May. My lady couldn't wait till next April so we looked at a golf weekend in our area and ended up at CTI for a week instead. I'm still not sure we won't be going back to Couples again before the spring.

We've got the Couples bug BAD.

Funny, we had a similar conversation just last night. My hubby caught me on the message board again. We are counting down to trip number 5 to CSA in March and he asked "What are you going to do when we don't go in 2013?" I didn't answer and he then said..."I'll take that as a "oh we'll be going in 2013. LOL. He knows me so well!

We are heading home to CSS in February, and already planning our 2012 trip. How bad is that :-)

We very happily booked in March but I was laid off at the end of May. My husband started to ask if we should cancel but I never let him finish the sentence. There was no way I was going to take our respite away from him, away from us.

We work too hard and we knew that he especially would work even harder to get us through things. No way was this hiccup going to ruin our vacation when if I wasn't working we might need it most.

Fortunately, everything has worked out for the best! I was out of work for 2 1/2 months (which sucked) but I found a fantastic new job where I'll soon be making more than I was before I got laid off. I still would like to kick my old boss in the nether regions, but I'm fighting off the urge knowing that if things go well with this job we'll soon be able to go to Couples twice a year. Woot!!

Twice a year sounds good to me. We have teenage kids, and as soon as they are out of school, we too will be going twice a year. Im thinking summer and Christmas vacation. The wife is a teacher, and she gets all kinds of holidays. I just have to keep enough leave on the books to be able to go. Dang! I LOVE vacation!

Hooray!!!! I talked one of the women I work with into going to Couples!!!!

So, yesterday, I was going to sign up for the early deals and try to save about 200 bucks.
    I mention it to hubby and he says that we more than likely won't be going to Couples next August.
    Needless to say, I'm heartbroken.
    Any ideas to change his mind?
    I can always go w/ my sil...lol
    I probably will go ahead and sign up anyway......meh

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

I know, we booked our February 2012 trip to CN a month after returning from our February 2011 trip to CN and booked a bonus trip for our 40th wedding anniversary to CSA for October of 2012 in June of 2011. All ready thinking about booking February of 2013 to CN but the little lady said WHOA, what would happen if she likes CSA better. So I am waiting.

The economy has forced us to a every two years rotation.....so sad...