Default Room type to choose at CN?

I have decided to celebrate my 50th birthday at CN with my husband, Rod. I just can't decide on which room type. Is the Deluxe Beachfront worth the extra money for this special occasion or should we stick with Garden or Ocean? This is our first trip to Jamaica and an all-inclusive resort. We plan to arrive Dec 18 and leave Dec 22. Thanks for your input!

I don't think there is much difference between the Garden, Ocean and Beachfront deluxe, just the location of them and if you aren't going t0 spend much time in your room, go with the Garden and save the money. IF you were considering a suite, obviously it is much larger and would just depend on if you want to spend that much. Doesn't seem worth it if you aren't going to be there that much though, IMO.

The Deluxe Garden and Deluxe Ocean are the exact same rooms, and the Deluxe Ocean is not a full-on ocean view, it's obstructed by trees and at an angle to the sea. We have done 2 Deluxe Oceans in the past, but after seeing another couple's Deluxe Garden last Nov, we booked that for our trip this Nov, because it was worth the savings for sure. As for the suites, seen them too and have no desire to spend the money for more space in essentially the same room, only bigger. Either way, you won't go wrong with any choice. The rooms are all very similar.

Other then location and view the rooms are all the same at CN except for the suites, as cleversole said they are much bigger, but there is no difference in them when it comes to the name beachfront or garden suite.

We stayed in the suites last 2 years, and in February we are going back to the cheapest room they have, which will be fantastic. We don't stay in the room much other then to sleep and clean up in, they all have the mini bar, a patio with chairs and small table and a comfortable bed. The money we are saving is being used to offset the price of air fare which has almost doubled in 4 years.

Just my 2 cents worth.

The garden, ocean and beachfront rooms are EXACTLY the VERY same room inside. The resort is small enough that really all these rooms are not very far from each other and it takes no time to get right on the beach from any of these rooms. Go for the garden room.

Thank you all so much for your input! A garden room it will be!!

You will be happy in a garden suite. I payed for the extra beachfront, and my best buddy who was getting married stayed in a garden. He was literally two doors down. So, save your cash and spend it on the airfare lol...the rooms are all great and you will be happy.

I agree with everyone else. Save the money and just book the Garden View room. That is what we will do when booking our 3rd trip to CN. Acutally I'll probably be booking that later on today.

Garden will be good....We stayed in a Beachfront last time, and agreed that we will save $ next time and go with the garden. CN is so great, that you wont even notice what building, block, room, floor, etc....that you get. At the same time, I did see much more people enjoying their balconies on higher levels than I did on the lower levels. Enjoy, Itll be great!

Quote Originally Posted by travandamy View Post
    Garden will be good....We stayed in a Beachfront last time, and agreed that we will save $ next time and go with the garden. CN is so great, that you wont even notice what building, block, room, floor, etc....that you get. At the same time, I did see much more people enjoying their balconies on higher levels than I did on the lower levels. Enjoy, Itll be great!
    We just returned from CN and had the deluxe oceanview. I would NOT suggest PAYING THE EXTRA FOR THIS ROOM. THE VIEW OF THE OCEAN IS MINIMAL AND OBSTRUCTED. We enjoyed the room, but would not pay for the upgrade again.

Take everyone's advice here and just get the garden room. We did for our first trip this past September and it was great; plus you're never in it. Spend the saved cash on a spa treatment.
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014